Newcastle's Utter Fucking Cunts versus Swansea City AFC

trophyshy

We may not do a Leeds,Bolton but I think we could do a Middlesbrough & be down there for a few years

Nah, even if we lose the likes of Colo, Mbemba, Janmaat, Tiote, Anita, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Perez, there'll be enough quality left over to get us back up. Even if there isn't we're a big enough club that we could attract promising players to join us, even in the 2nd flight.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cos spending £80mil this season worked wonders. Our problems are deeper than buying a few more players. We obviously do no due diligence on a players personality. Shelvey, Gini, Cabella, Thauvin, Janmaat. All itching for a move away as soon as the going gets tough. When we got relegated last time we were still a bigger draw than 75% of the premier league. Now 20 teams are getting £100mil tv money. Who the fuck wants to come and play for this shit show in the championship?

Cos spending £80mil this season worked wonders. Our problems are deeper than buying a few more players. We obviously do no due diligence on a players personality. Shelvey, Gini, Cabella, Thauvin, Janmaat. All itching for a move away as soon as the going gets tough. When we got relegated last time we were still a bigger draw than 75% of the premier league. Now 20 teams are getting £100mil tv money. Who the fuck wants to come and play for this shit show in the championship?

Rafa has come with us looking odds on for relegation. Of course he probably won't stay but none of us thought we could attract someone like him anymore. We will still be able to attract more than you think.

I do agree that the problems in the club run far deeper though. We desperately need to get shot of Penfold and get someone in who's capable of leading the club.

You're underestimating our global brand, the lure of English football and overestimating how enticing other teams are. There'll be players who'd rather sign for Newcastle United in the championship than Bournemouth in the Premier League.

Absolutely in Ashley's interest to get us promoted asap. Can see no reason why we won't go up in the first season. I think we were just as bad last relegation as this one, have people forgotten what the consensus was of the likes of Guti, Enrique etc was last time? And hughton - then completely unproven - as manager?

This could literally be the Leeds, Forest, Pompey relegation for us. Last time we had Carrol, Colo, Harper, Barton, Nolan, Lovenkrands, Jonas, Enrique to get us straight back up. We've got zero leaders in our team and the u21/u18 team is having a worse run of results than the first team. We could even drop straight through to League one we are that bereft of skill/confidence/leadership

This gets said a lot, bit what leadership quality did those players actually show?

Nolan used to hide behind the ball the year we went down and Jonas and Enrique were poor and showed no sign of loving the club

People said this last time that we was going to do a Leeds but it didn't. When we go down I'm sure they'll players that will come out and be 'leaders' that we wouldn't expect would be

I'm considering going :lol:

Had a few "timehops" pop up lately of recent good days out at the game and really fancy another "match day" out.

Just not sure if I could stomach watching these surrender monkeys in the flesh.

If anyone can, you can.

Absolutely in Ashley's interest to get us promoted asap. Can see no reason why we won't go up in the first season. I think we were just as bad last relegation as this one, have people forgotten what the consensus was of the likes of Guti, Enrique etc was last time? And hughton - then completely unproven - as manager?

Agreed, people always point to players like Nolan, Barton etc but they were absolutely hopeless themselves while we were being relegated. Colo and Enrique were two of the worst defenders in the league when we went down, Beye and Bassong looked miles ahead of both.

The gap between the Championship and the Prem is massive, there are of course a small number of team towards the top of the Championship that are okay but the majority are more like League one sides. I still reckon we'll come straight back up, we could languish for a season or two for sure but I see no chance of us free falling.

I knew that was coming as soon as I wrote it :lol:

Hesitated and thought about going with "bare it", but knew I get the wrong bear.

:lol: fair enough.

I used to be a 20 post a day sad cunt like others on here, but I really haven't got anything positive to say about this wank club anymore. I'm sick of it, and I'm pleased I jacked my season ticket, I need positivity around me given my condition and one source of occasional brightness in my life was these fuckin arseholes. We are going down, to where this club, with the content of its boardroom and its reason for existence, deserve to be. The reason for our existence is simple. Make an ugly man money.

Aye, I'm in this boat. I still use Twitter and the rest of it but I'm doing my best to avoid anything to do with the club atm because this relegation is richly deserved. They deserve it for how they let the squad stagnate since 2012, how they took the cheap approach AGAIN with regards to McClaren and how they refused to sign any defenders in January. Benitez was a good move but born, completely, out of desperation and once more, they're flying by the seat of their pants to the Championship. Fuck them.

Benitez was a good move but born, completely, out of desperation and once more, they're flying by the seat of their pants to the Championship. Fuck them.

Rather than "bolt the horse" to the cart, they have shut the door after the horse has bolted.

Last relegation was the most self inflicted one I've ever saw from a club other than Leeds/Pompey for obvious reasons. This potential relegation is just as self inflicted. Absolutely 100% avoidable if we had anything like a normal executive board at the club.

Absolutely in Ashley's interest to get us promoted asap.

I thought that last time but he ended up appointing a novice manager and spending very little. Our bounce back was nothing to do with him.

I thought that last time but he ended up appointing a novice manager and spending very little. Our bounce back was nothing to do with him.

I think we'll see a similarly uncommitted attempt this time as he'll once again gamble that the squad that stays + a few cheap experienced upper Championship players can do the job, I think the investment will come if there was a season 2 in the Championship, I think he'd spend then to try and force the team back into the Premiership.

Agreed, people always point to players like Nolan, Barton etc but they were absolutely hopeless themselves while we were being relegated. Colo and Enrique were two of the worst defenders in the league when we went down, Beye and Bassong looked miles ahead of both.

The gap between the Championship and the Prem is massive, there are of course a small number of team towards the top of the Championship that are okay but the majority are more like League one sides. I still reckon we'll come straight back up, we could languish for a season or two for sure but I see no chance of us free falling.

Enrique wasn't as bad as a lot of people seem to remember. The second half of the relegation season he was probably our best player (obviously that's not saying a great deal) after Bassong's form dipped. He really hit his stride in the Championship but he wasn't near as bad as Colo was. Not that this detracts from you point which I agree with. The last relegation season was just as devoid of leaders as this.

Who's writing the new program?....and will the present owner of the copyright to the game let just any old has been programmer re write it or will he cheerfully just sell the title on at a loss to fuck knows what sort of idiot amateur gamer..pretty much against character and his own business principles, it has to be said....

No idea what he will do this time and not saying this was the reason we came straight back up but our wages were something like 50m for the championship season (or thereabouts - someone else can google it). Firstly, this was unprecedented in the league and meant a massive loss. Secondly, not sure there was much choice given lack of relegation clauses / better alternatives for the players we had.

Standard reaction of a football fan. One win and we're great, one loss and we're the shittest team.

I'm just hoping for a win on Saturday to keep it remotely interesting. Even the most deluded optimist would have to concede if we fail to win we are down. But win, and suddenly a poor man city match becomes interesting.....

:yes

this spending 80 mil comment still grinds my fuckin gears. Spending 80 mil on 2 decent MIDFIELD players and the rest prospects , when we've no cover for CB / LB / LM etc etc and still no proven goalscorer.

I love mitro, he's quality, but he has to fall under the prospects banner.

Spending money IS the answer, but in a controlled and sensible way over several seasons. What we've been doing is buying and selling to profit with no thought to team balance at all. I don't even think thought into whether the players want to play for NUFC or just come to be gone in 6 months.