Newcastle's Utter Fucking Cunts versus Swansea City AFC

trophyshy

this spending 80 mil comment still grinds my fuckin gears. Spending 80 mil on 2 decent MIDFIELD players and the rest prospects , when we've no cover for CB / LB / LM etc etc and still no proven goalscorer.

I love mitro, he's quality, but he has to fall under the prospects banner.

Spending money IS the answer, but in a controlled and sensible way over several seasons. What we've been doing is buying and selling to profit with no thought to team balance at all. I don't even think thought into whether the players want to play for NUFC or just come to be gone in 6 months.

Spent 80 mill on four players that hardly played a lick this season. 2 maybe 3 (not sure about Saivet) who have hardly played at all the past few seasons. As I said at the time, a huge gamble considering we needed players that could help immediately.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent 80 mill on four players that hardly played a lick this season. 2 maybe 3 (not sure about Saivet) who have hardly played at all the past few seasons. As I said at the time, a huge gamble considering we needed players that could help immediately.

Huh?

Gini, Mitro & Mbemba all have 27+ appearances?

Gini was Dutch player of the year 14/15, so I'm guessing he played often (44 app), Mbemba made 37 appearances last season, Mitrovic made 51.

You're underestimating our global brand, the lure of English football and overestimating how enticing other teams are. There'll be players who'd rather sign for Newcastle United in the championship than Bournemouth in the Premier League.

Total bollocks that. Leeds have a bigger global brand than Bournemouth ten times so, would they rather sign for Leeds? Not one player in existence would play for anyone in the Championship over a go at the Premier League IF they had a genuine choice. The bubble will burst beyond all belief if we don't come back up immediately. There'll be huffs straight away if we don't win the league let alone go up and rightly so. Even the sniff of the Premier League and players are all over it like a rash. Everyone presumed Fulham would come straight back up, so Ross McCormack was delighted to move there from Leeds United who will always be twice the club Fulham are. It's a sticky sewer of shite and flies, we had brave cunts in 2010. Who's brave now?

Total bollocks that. Leeds have a bigger global brand than Bournemouth ten times so, would they rather sign for Leeds? Not one player in existence would play for anyone in the Championship over a go at the Premier League IF they had a genuine choice. The bubble will burst beyond all belief if we don't come back up immediately. There'll be huffs straight away if we don't win the league let alone go up and rightly so. Even the sniff of the Premier League and players are all over it like a rash. Everyone presumed Fulham would come straight back up, so Ross McCormack was delighted to move there from Leeds United who will always be twice the club Fulham are. It's a sticky sewer of shite and flies, we had brave cunts in 2010. Who's brave now?

Think you've chosen a poor example there. Leeds have been down in the doldrums for nigh on 15yrs, there's players who've had entire careers without seeing Leeds in the top flight. I don't disagree that they have a storied past, but they're a joke of a club now. Especially with the owner they have.

Newcastle United are club who've been in the Premier League more than they've been out of it, they'll only just have been relegated, they'll retain a strong spine of talented footballers and they are likely to return at the first time of asking.

If you were a 22yr old player looking for 1st team games, would you rather play for a team that'll win more games than they lose, in a massive stadium before 50k fans. Or a team that'll likely struggle against relegation all season, in front of 10,000 fans in a cowshed? One team will be in the Premier League 17/18 and it won't be the Cherries.

Think you've chosen a poor example there. Leeds have been down in the doldrums for nigh on 15yrs, there's players who've had entire careers without seeing Leeds in the top flight. I don't disagree that they have a storied past, but they're a joke of a club now. Especially with the owner they have.

Newcastle United are club who've been in the Premier League more than they've been out of it, they'll only just have been relegated, they'll retain a strong spine of talented footballers and they are likely to return at the first time of asking.

If you were a 22yr old player looking for 1st team games, would you rather play for a team that'll win more games than they lose, in a massive stadium before 50k fans. Or a team that'll likely struggle against relegation all season, in front of 10,000 fans in a cowshed? One team will be in the Premier League 17/18 and it won't be the Cherries.

Leeds to Fulham when there's no guaranteed promotion sums it up. They're a joke club yes they are, but so are fuckin we. Europe's 12th best supported team for years, and in our own shit league we've been top six once in the last 12 years. ONCE. We are a bigger joke club than Leeds. They never had the support we did, but who has? The fact is Leeds have more potential than most of the Premier League, so do Sheffield Wednesday, so do many of the teams outside the topflight. Your point is they'd rather play for us in the Championship, than a club with 38 games to prove they're good enough, in arena's where international managers have their magnifying glasses, while there'll £11m superstars running about at Rotherham and MK Dons like Ross McCormack who get fuck all. Only a complete wank (who isn't geordie) would play in a very murky championship than play in the top flight, irrespective of the attention our club receives. A bald monkey would understand that as a fact of life.

Leeds to Fulham when there's no guaranteed promotion sums it up. They're a joke club yes they are, but so are fuckin we. Europe's 12th best supported team for years, and in our own shit league we've been top six once in the last 12 years. ONCE. We are a bigger joke club than Leeds. They never had the support we did, but who has? The fact is Leeds have more potential than most of the Premier League, so do Sheffield Wednesday, so do many of the teams outside the topflight. Your point is they'd rather play for us in the Championship, than a club with 38 games to prove they're good enough, in arena's where international managers have their magnifying glasses, while there'll £11m superstars running about at Rotherham and MK Dons like Ross McCormack who get fuck all. Only a complete wank (who isn't geordie) would play in a very murky championship than play in the top flight, irrespective of the attention our club receives. A bald monkey would understand that as a fact of life.

:lol:

No, my point is that Leeds is adaft example because they've not been a top flight club and just because you (and others) call them a bigger club than Bournemouth is irrelevant to the modern football player. He wants to play in the top flight, absolutely, but I'm not saying that we'll get every target, or that those targets will be of the same standard that we've been approaching lately, or even that we'll 100% get targets that both Bournemouth and ourselves go for. I simply said that there will be footballers out there who would choose to play for us ahead of Bournemouth. Hell, we signed Premier League Champions' Danny Simpson on loan from Man Utd. I mean, by your reckoning, no player would choose a freshly relegated Championship side ahead of Premier League suitors? He was playing for Blackburn, Villa were interested and yet he chose to play for us in the Championship.

We'll not be signing the Dutch player of the year, but we'll not be bereft of options just because we're in the 2nd tier.

Anyone with half a brain can see that.

I was 3 when Leeds United were relegated.

Edited by Haydnator

Huh?

Gini, Mitro & Mbemba all have 27+ appearances?

Gini was Dutch player of the year 14/15, so I'm guessing he played often (44 app), Mbemba made 37 appearances last season, Mitrovic made 51.

I was talking about the nearly 80 million spent during the winter transfer period on players that hardly played the past few seasons. We needed players that could hit the ground running and help us immediately.

I was talking about the nearly 80 million spent during the winter transfer period on players that hardly played the past few seasons. We needed players that could hit the ground running and help us immediately.

Nah. We needed a proper manager and leaders on the pitch.

If they'd spent the £15 million on Charlie Austin in the summer we wouldn't have been in this mess again

tumblr_lw2fmqETLR1qbycn1o1_400.gif

We needed defenders.

We also needed a proven goalscorer

Stoke have only scored 5 more than we have and are in 9th.

West Brom have scored fewer goals than we have and are 14th.

Watford have scored fewer goals than we have and are 15th.

We have the 2nd worst defence in the league.

Only Villa have conceded more than us.

We are 19th.

No, my point is that Leeds is adaft example because they've not been a top flight club and just because you (and others) call them a bigger club than Bournemouth is irrelevant to the modern football player. He wants to play in the top flight, absolutely, but I'm not saying that we'll get every target, or that those targets will be of the same standard that we've been approaching lately, or even that we'll 100% get targets that both Bournemouth and ourselves go for. I simply said that there will be footballers out there who would choose to play for us ahead of Bournemouth. Hell, we signed Premier League Champions' Danny Simpson on loan from Man Utd. I mean, by your reckoning, no player would choose a freshly relegated Championship side ahead of Premier League suitors? He was playing for Blackburn, Villa were interested and yet he chose to play for us in the Championship.

We'll not be signing the Dutch player of the year, but we'll not be bereft of options just because we're in the 2nd tier.

Anyone with half a brain can see that.

....AND? Man Utd younguns go to the Second Division in BELGIUM at Antwerp.

I mean, by your reckoning, no player would choose a freshly relegated Championship side ahead of Premier League suitors?

Absolutely. Unless they thought they could get a better salary than they're on in the Premier League. He wasn't getting his game at Blackburn and he was more than fucked off to the extent he left early, and Villa are hardly going to be desperate for someone who genuinely couldn't get his game at Ewood Park when they've come top 6 three seasons running.

As I say there are people who know about football and people who should stick to the odd funny in general chat (not you by the way). This is what happened to football in 1992 as the mackems rightly point out.

The only way irrespective of who the club is, a player would stay at a Championship club over playing football in what is becoming the world league, is a seriously overpaid arsehole with a long contract, and a monkey who has lost half a brain and was actually blind and deaf would understand that so easily. The mackems have a point about 1992. Although it was every club not just us.

Edited by McFaul

If they'd spent the £15 million on Charlie Austin in the summer we wouldn't have been in this mess again

I doubt he'd have come.

....AND? Man Utd younguns go to the Second Division in BELGIUM at Antwerp.

I mean, by your reckoning, no player would choose a freshly relegated Championship side ahead of Premier League suitors?

Absolutely. Unless they thought they could get a better salary than they're on in the Premier League. He wasn't getting his game at Blackburn and he was more than fucked off to the extent he left early, and Villa are hardly going to be desperate for someone who genuinely couldn't get his game at Ewood Park when they've come top 6 three seasons running.

As I say there are people who know about football and people who should stick to the odd funny in general chat (not you by the way). This is what happened to football in 1992 as the mackems rightly point out.

The only way irrespective of who the club is, a player would stay at a Championship club over playing football in what is becoming the world league, is a seriously overpaid arsehole with a long contract, and a monkey who has lost half a brain and was actually blind and deaf would understand that so easily. The mackems have a point about 1992. Although it was every club not just us.

The point, Stevie, is that we'll still be able to attract players in the Championship and you're being a bedwetter. There's plenty of reasons why a player would choose Newcastle United over Bournemouth. Surprised you're agreeing so heartily with the mackems given your previous contempt for them. Wonder whats happened to change your stance so?

I'd say there are people who should stick to pouty selfies and weight-loss updates, leave conversations to those who're able to behave like a grown up. :good: