The Gardening thread

Christmas Tree

We have a yard that is used primarily as a place for the dog to lay eggs. If the weather isn't shite at the weekend it's getting pressure washed, a new coat of Sandtex and then leaving for the GF to fill with pot plants that we don't look after and die.

If I had a decent garden I would legitimately pay a gardener, fucking boring waste of time.

We have a yard that is used primarily as a place for the dog to lay eggs. If the weather isn't shite at the weekend it's getting pressure washed, a new coat of Sandtex and then leaving for the GF to fill with pot plants that we don't look after and die.

If I had a decent garden I would legitimately pay a gardener, fucking boring waste of time.

I do nowadays. Not because I'm lazy but because I haven't got a clue what to do and have no inclination to learn. Sitting in a nice garden on a sunny day is nice though, happens about two days a year here.

Yeah I'm the same mate. I appreciate a nice garden and like spending time in them, but I have killed cacti (cactuses?) by not watering them enough in the past. I have the opposite of green fingers, ooh err etc

Our garden was like a jungle when we moved in. The previous owners had planted a load of trees in the middle of the garden and let them grow for 20 years so the entire back of the house was in darkness. I paid someone to chop the trees down and I dug the stumps out myself and turfed over it. Looks much better now. It's a corner plot so it's nice sitting in the garden during summer

Before:

D8682A44-6F86-4CC6-82B2-CE5E617FD691.png

88DD5AA0-60EC-4A42-805D-480D7D08397F.png

051820C0-B4FB-4AB9-9E04-AB052CCCE579.png

During:

62A65D2C-516F-464B-A4CE-D5CCD33224B3.png

2993ADB8-E5EC-43B1-9210-7EB45EC411AA.png

C1DB88B1-1775-47A9-AE5A-6866A6FB3E77.png

After:

D4F3D8E7-EEF5-4594-AB58-0D1697A397E9.png

204759DD-DC11-400E-B8B3-0BE0DE8E135C.png

63AABD62-C7B7-4F55-93BA-F72355A3677C.png

9C0DEAC8-20EB-49D2-9B06-117441DCE575.png

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

Cheers, there's not much to upkeep other than mowing the lawn and pulling a few weeds really.

I don't mind mowing the lawn (takes about half an hour to do the front and back of my flat) but if me mam and dad don't come round and do the weeds they don't get done.

They're in the 3rd picture down

If you're gona try and tell me I've broken the law, save it for your work colleagues ;)

Ah I see

Nah, I have seen many houses with fucked foundations because people taking trees out.

Looks canny that, I dont know why people would plant trees / bushes like that to block the light out, now you have a decent space.

Ah I see

Nah, I have seen many houses with fucked foundations because people taking trees out.

Looks canny that, I dont know why people would plant trees / bushes like that to block the light out, now you have a decent space.

What do you do for a living?

I've got a decent sized tree right next to the house and I worry it may end up interfering with the foundations. Is it best to leave them or what? This was before we moved in so I've pruned it down to about half that size now

3CDBC644-EF41-404E-98E2-66B9F3B04525.png

What do you do for a living?

I've got a decent sized tree right next to the house and I worry it may end up interfering with the foundations. Is it best to leave them or what? This was before we moved in so I've pruned it down to about half that size now

3CDBC644-EF41-404E-98E2-66B9F3B04525.png

I'd cut it down myself, if I were you.

Or, to save on the effort, just dowse it in petrol and set it on fire :good: