The Gardening thread

Christmas Tree

There's an Alex Haley joke in here somewhere, but like Jimbo's Truro bird, I can't quite put my finger on it.

:lol:

SEW I would like to see some other photos tbh.

I would also have your gutters cleaned out and WTF is that bush on the corner? :lol:

That was taken before we moved in man, you've already seen the magic I worked in the back garden!

The tree is about 3-4ft from the house wall, the trunk is a lot slimmer than the tree makes it look

You think it's worth paying someone to have a proper look at it?

6ADF20AD-FDBB-490F-8B07-F687514110E7_zps

Our garden was like a jungle when we moved in. The previous owners had planted a load of trees in the middle of the garden and let them grow for 20 years so the entire back of the house was in darkness. I paid someone to chop the trees down and I dug the stumps out myself and turfed over it. Looks much better now. It's a corner plot so it's nice sitting in the garden during summer

Before:

D8682A44-6F86-4CC6-82B2-CE5E617FD691.png

88DD5AA0-60EC-4A42-805D-480D7D08397F.png

051820C0-B4FB-4AB9-9E04-AB052CCCE579.png

During:

62A65D2C-516F-464B-A4CE-D5CCD33224B3.png

2993ADB8-E5EC-43B1-9210-7EB45EC411AA.png

C1DB88B1-1775-47A9-AE5A-6866A6FB3E77.png

After:

D4F3D8E7-EEF5-4594-AB58-0D1697A397E9.png

204759DD-DC11-400E-B8B3-0BE0DE8E135C.png

63AABD62-C7B7-4F55-93BA-F72355A3677C.png

9C0DEAC8-20EB-49D2-9B06-117441DCE575.png

Looks mint. :up:

I've gone from being proud of my handiwork to feeling like Tom Hanks in the money pit. You've got a talent wyki :lol:

:lol:

I aint a Arborist but I would say that is a pine tree species. They are medium water demand trees IIRC. I would say a rough guess of 7.5m tall. It may have some impact later on depends what ground you're on. If its clay then you may have some movement later on but I wouldnt worry too much :lol: If it was say a 20ft Hawthorn Tree in clay I would be worried :lol:

You'll be reet kid.

I'm putting AstroTurf down in my garden next month, inspired by a mate who has just had his done with landscaping. Going to use the same lad as it's a quality job. I always thought astro was a bit shit but this new stuff is the business. Looks much more realistic than it used to - like normal turf on steroids.

It all boils down to me being a lazy bastard when it comes to gardening. My garden is only 30ft, and I only put down new turf 4 years ago, but the lawn is already patchy as fuck with cabbage-like weeds everywhere. Want it as low maintenance as possible.

I'm putting AstroTurf down in my garden next month, inspired by a mate who has just had his done with landscaping. Going to use the same lad as it's a quality job. I always thought astro was a bit shit but this new stuff is the business. Looks much more realistic than it used to - like normal turf on steroids.

It all boils down to me being a lazy bastard when it comes to gardening. My garden is only 30ft, and I only put down new turf 4 years ago, but the lawn is already patchy as fuck with cabbage-like weeds everywhere. Want it as low maintenance as possible.

This is what I wanted for my front lawn, which is just a few square metres by my drive. But would Mrs Renton listen? Would she bollocks. So we paid to get a turf lawn put down and as its north facing it's basically died during winter, or looks like it has. Should it get revived then I'm the one that's going to have to lug the lawn mower to the front and faff with extension cables. Edited by Renton

That's my current DIY project as well. Coming on a treat.

The modern stuff is fantastic and a no brainier.

Got a cracking deal on some artificial grass today :)

Local businessman just sold his company and had several rolls to get shot of.

Funnily enough I was looking at his stuff a couple of months back.

Got a piece 6 X 4 was £695 for £200.

Well happy.