Rocket League

Rayvin

Some great moments in there.  The one where he dribbles it down the pitch for an open goal then hits it off the backboard at the last second and still gets up to put it in. :lol: 

How big a difference do the hitboxes make?  I remember reading quite a big thread on Reddit about it not mattering, the devs apparently said it didn't matter, but the best players in the world obviously disagree.

Do people generally save their boost and just forward roll when going for the kickoff? 

That goal is amazing :lol:

I think they make a huge difference. The batmobile is very different to the octane. 

Octane is far easier to use in the air, batmobile better on the ground for flicks. Depends on your playstyle.

And no, as far as i know, no one saves boost on kick off.

• 1 month later...

XBone controller so much better than PS4 controller for this (for me).

Although I can't believe they charge all that money for a feckin' controller and don't give me a rechargeable battery setup. :lol:  

Totally agree, have the same controller and the same complaint. Fucking AA batteries FFS, it's like the dark ages all over again.

And yeah, X Box is better for this game IMO.

BTW, the local gaming community I play with has set up some Goal of the Month style competitions, so I actually have some grainy as fuck clips of semi-decent goals I scored such as this one:

Edited by Rayvin

Nice!

I mean, not as good as anything I would score, but acceptable nonetheless.

And feck non-rechargeable batteries.  I'm getting one of those play and charge kits because they saw me coming.

Cheers.

I was just looking at it on argos.ie and I might go for the double pack with USB cable so I can charge one while I use the other as I don't have a second controller.

@Rayvin What's the easiest way to see replays of your goals?  I'd rather not mess around with Radeon ReLive or Windows Whatever though I guess that might be a must?

Would be nice if they just had replay in the pause menu like on football games.

17 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Aye, you need something. The game doesn't really do anything for you in this respect.

What do you use to cut the clips?  Looking for something really simple that does little else.

I think you should just get into the main game you know. May as well start enjoying yourself a bit, and you'll progress faster that way as long as you don't mind the toxicity of the community!

I have a tendency in "training" to go for every aerial going and that might piss a few people off online seeing as I miss 90% of them. :lol:

I might just play some one-on-one.

1v1 is intense though. Dont aerial in it, its not worth it generally, even at my level. You miss and you concede.

If you want an easy kinda mode where you can take the pressure off yourself, try chaos. 4v4, no one knows what is happening and your mistakes are less likely to be picked up on.

First 1v1 the guy quit once I got 4-1 up.  I don't blame him tbh, he didn't seem like he'd ever played before.

Seems like you have to search for another game then or it sticks you with a bot?

I'll play 1v1 till I start getting hammered at it then move over to 4v4 Chaos, cheers. :good:

In 1v1 it just ends the game when you opponent quits. Other modes if there is still at least 1 human player on the other team, bots will be used and the game will continue.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

In 1v1 it just ends the game when you opponent quits. Other modes if there is still at least 1 human player on the other team, bots will be used and the game will continue.

It didn't seem like it was giving me another human opponent afterwards.  So I went out and searched for a new game.