Rocket League

Rayvin

Any recommendations on training packs btw?

I'm going to look it up in a minute but one where it just spams flattish crosses to you would be ideal for now.

1 hour ago, adios said:

Any recommendations on training packs btw?

I'm going to look it up in a minute but one where it just spams flattish crosses to you would be ideal for now.

Have you tried just the basic training modes yet? For beginners they should be fine really... the biggest thing you need to work on really is timing and that will just come with practice. may as well just hit the basic in game training for that.

My team just got knocked out of this week's tournament :lol: Played a hell of a good team in round 1. Kinda like being a League 2 team playing Man City.

I did the basic training at the start but now that you mention it I'm not sure I passed/completed any/all of them.  Will give that a go. :good: 

This has been acclaimed as the best goal ever scored in RL :lol: I don't know how it looks to someone who hasn't played the game as much but it's fucking crazy. Skip to 34 seconds though.

The second is probably easier for a n00b to appreciate, but I think I get the mind games going on in the first one.

Obligatory:

Spoiler

MCKNSt4.gif

Edited by adios

It's not so much the mind-games, although they're part of it. You can jump and do a somersault as you've probably noticed, but it times out after two seconds. So if you wait longer than that for the somersault, it doesn't trigger. The first guy got around this by taking the ball up to the ceiling and just 'falling' off it, so that he could trigger his somersault far later than the 2 seconds... and the flick so radically altered the trajectory of the shot, and with so little notice, that the keeper couldn't respond. But the precision needed to place the ball where he did, and himself just behind it simply be falling off the ceiling, was remarkable.

:D

8 minutes ago, Ant said:

i've never played this but i'm fairly sure i'd be brilliant as it all looks easy

i'd also make vrrrrooom sounds

:lol:

Would love to see this. The guys in the videos above are at 2500 hours plus.

Would we be better off with this on PC btw?  I can switch if needs be.

I'm slowly puttering along doing the training.  Once I'm comfortably getting 80/90% at the top level I'll venture back online.

1 hour ago, adios said:

Would we be better off with this on PC btw?  I can switch if needs be.

I'm slowly puttering along doing the training.  Once I'm comfortably getting 80/90% at the top level I'll venture back online.

If you get it on PC you'll see me online a lot more. Also I'll be full power in terms of being a good player :lol:

You need steam though.