That Feeling

The Fish

What was the goal that you celebrated most/meant the most to you?

Didn't really get what was happening in 91/92, so Walsh's OG isn't there for me.

Torn between Shearer's in the 5-0 against Man Utd in 96, Shearer's 3rd v Leicester 1997, Tiote's in the 4-4 vs Arsenal 2011 or Bellamy's winner against Feyenoord in 2002.

There've been plenty more important goals and plenty of better goals, but on a personal level those three stand out.

Shearer's was when I knew we'd win that game. I thought it would be a paradigm shift and we'd become what Man Utd were at the time.

Shearer's 3rd vs Leicester was just an unbelievable turn around in a match it looked like we'd find no way past a poor side and if we hadn't won, our tilt at the title was over.

Tiote's was another incredible turn around, but this time against a much superior opponent. It wasn't quality winning out, it was just desire. Amazing stuff.

Bellamy's is obvious I suppose but I loved that goal.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One that stands out for me just for the sheer explosion of emotion in that moment is Rob Lee's equaliser v Chelsea at Wembley. The place went fucking mental

One that stands out for me just for the sheer explosion of emotion in that moment is Rob Lee's equaliser v Chelsea at Wembley. The place went fucking mental

We were so close :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jeg-5zD7Eao

Why's the youtube clip not embedding properly?

Edited by The Fish

Mira's pen away to Liverpool in my first away game stands out along with that Leicester own goal, O'Brien over the wall, Lee against Chelsea and our equaliser in the seconds 4-3 defeat to Liverpool. What a cunt it was a few minutes later to lose that game.

All those were games I was at. For me it's more effecting when you're there but Bellamy in Holland and Cisse's wonder goal against Chelsea aren't too far behind.

Edited by David Kelly

That one, I watched that in The Strawberry and the place just fucking exploded when that went in. Shame Gus cunting bastard Poyet had to ruin it.

It's funny that I can never remember that goal. I know I was at the match and Kelly is still my favourite player but I have no memory of it at all.

Still the best atmosphere I've experienced. I know it will be idealised by nostalgia but I remember a sense of every fan being 100% behind the team for 90 minutes.

92-93 was when I first started going and was slightly too young to appreciate what was happening the previous season. Sellars vs the mackems is the goal that always stands out whenever I think back to that 92-93 season though. After that, probably Lee in the semi and Bellamy vs Feyernoord for total delirium, as others have mentioned.

Still the best atmosphere I've experienced. I know it will be idealised by nostalgia but I remember a sense of every fan being 100% behind the team for 90 minutes.

I've just watched it again and I can vaguely remember the goal but nothing else. DK says in his interview afterwards that Alan McClouglin said to him half way through the game that he couldn't believe the atmosphere.

I remember we were playing someone shit in the 99/00 season and the entire crowd* sang "toon toon, black and white army" for a solid 10 minutes. These days a chant barely gets started before it's over.

*It felt/sounded like that anyway.

Kelly v Grimsby

O'Brien's v the mackems, (the lob in the 1-1 at roker was immense, watch it on YouTube to see what all seat, all season tickets has taken away from crowd participation).

O'Brien v Boro at Ayresome in the 3-1 win

Fuck it, most away goals you'd go mental in the crowd.

Most mental I've seen for a consolation goal was peacock at Derby but that was more defiance. (Still went mental when 8-9 men pulled it back to 2-1 where Derby couldn't get the ball off us for five minutes.

Unfortunately never got to feyenoord or the San siro but the best seated goal experience was probably Rob Lee at Wembley.

We got beat 4-1 at Leeds and (I think) Gillespie scored the consolation (we'd been 4-0 down). We were stood right in front of some of their boxes and they'd been banging away on the window everytime they scored. We nearly put the window through when we scored. The pricks inside couldn't understand what we were doing given the score.

Kelly v Grimsby

O'Brien's v the mackems, (the lob in the 1-1 at roker was immense, watch it on YouTube to see what all seat, all season tickets has taken away from crowd participation).

O'Brien v Boro at Ayresome in the 3-1 win

Fuck it, most away goals you'd go mental in the crowd.

Most mental I've seen for a consolation goal was peacock at Derby but that was more defiance. (Still went mental when 8-9 men pulled it back to 2-1 where Derby couldn't get the ball off us for five minutes.

Unfortunately never got to feyenoord or the San siro but the best seated goal experience was probably Rob Lee at Wembley.

There should be a link to the Derby 4-1 game under "Defiance" in the dictionary.

May 3rd 2014

Newcastle United 3 - 0 Cardiff City.

Steven Taylor in the 91st minute.

Me and Tayls went fucking radge.

:lol: :lol:

I think it's the Bellamy v Feyenoord one for me, it was the culmination of that fight back up the group.

Edited by Howay

There should be a link to the Derby 4-1 game under "Defiance" in the dictionary.

You bellend, you've just reminded me of the Fulham game in 04.

Probably Tiote's equaliser in the 4-4 or Nolan's first in the 5-1 in our first derby back in the Prem as I was there.

Lovenkrands' goal in the 2-2 draw with WBA in the Championship was canny as his dad died the day before and the "Peter Lovenkrands" chant went on consecutive for about 10-15 minutes after he scored it up in Level 7.

Probably Tiote's equaliser in the 4-4 or Nolan's first in the 5-1 in our first derby back in the Prem as I was there.

Lovenkrands' goal in the 2-2 draw with WBA in the Championship was canny as his dad died the day before and the "Peter Lovenkrands" chant went on consecutive for about 10-15 minutes after he scored it up in Level 7.

Loved Lovenkrands me proper underrated,great chant too