That Feeling

The Fish

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Cisse vs Anzhi one is a canny underrated shout because I almost snapped my mate's neck when it went in.

I remember going away to Blackburn in the season we finished 5th and Cabaye's last minute free-kick was celebrated like we'd just won the league.

When we actually won against Norwich, which I believe was our 4th win in the year of our lord 2015, I almost cried because I just assumed we might never win again

Kelly v Pompey. Thread closed.

This - I will never as long as I live experience an atmosphere as what we had when that hit the net.

Ginola taking the piss out of gravity and physics v. Ferencvaros was pretty special to witness.

Watching it back later just confirmed the jaw-dropping ridiculousness of it.

This!

Ketsbaia's winner to qualify for the Champions League in 97.

Goal on 25 mins.

Gave me goosebumps watching that again. Great finish from Ketsy. What Ian St John was watching to say that wasn't a pen is beyond me, it couldn't have been any clearer. Mind you how Tino wasn't sent off is anyones guess. Also, those were the worst strips we've ever had bar none. Edited by David Kelly

Ketsbaia's winner to qualify for the Champions League in 97.

Goal on 25 mins.

What a triffic refereeing performance :lol:

Gave me goosebumps watching that again. Great finish from Ketsy. What Ian St John was watching to say that wasn't a pen is beyond me, it couldn't have been any clearer. Mind you how Tino wasn't sent off is anyones guess. Also, those were the worst strips we've ever had bar none.

Love how Pearce is celebrating our goals and Ian St John clearly wants us to get beat. The decrepit wanker!

I'd also forgot that Viduka played for them and that we actually bought Maric from them after this.

Kelly v Grimsby

O'Brien's v the mackems, (the lob in the 1-1 at roker was immense, watch it on YouTube to see what all seat, all season tickets has taken away from crowd participation).

O'Brien v Boro at Ayresome in the 3-1 win

Fuck it, most away goals you'd go mental in the crowd.

Most mental I've seen for a consolation goal was peacock at Derby but that was more defiance. (Still went mental when 8-9 men pulled it back to 2-1 where Derby couldn't get the ball off us for five minutes.

Unfortunately never got to feyenoord or the San siro but the best seated goal experience was probably Rob Lee at Wembley.

I agree with all of them, being class, but that 1-1 at Roker Park was my first ever away game, and the Derby 4-1 when we had 8 men at the finish were unreal experiences. Because of the boring nature of football support and general culture these days you just can't get them back. Talking just about goals I'd say my 10 favourite when I was there were:

1. Mark McGhee's winner against Leicester having been 2-4 down with 8 minutes left (90)

2. Kelly v Portsmouth (92)

3. Liam O'Brien's at my first ever away game, great goal, celebrations I'll never forget (91)

4. Tino's 2nd right in front of me v Barcelona (97)

5. Gazza's against Crystal Palace, his best goal for the toon right in line with where I was stood (88)

6. Peter Beardsley beating 6 players down the other end, and smashing it in to be Spurs 2-1 at WHL last minute (my 16th birthday) (93)

7. Nobby against Arsenal, tight as fuck against the best side in country (imo) 0-0 84 mins, 1-0 85 mins, beauty as well (05)

8. Alex Mathie against Sheff Wed 93, amazing, amazing goal that was so good people questioned if he meant it (93)

9. Mirandinha against Liverpool in a 2-2 draw, scored after 2 minutes, the Gallowgate has never went more mental and I mention it because of the genius 50 yard assist Roeder got. I'll never forget it. (89)

10.Got to include the first goal I ever saw in the flesh. George Reilly sending the ground utterly mental, was in the old West Stand, and the noise was so loud I was scared. (85)

Even though the game didn't mean much to either club I remember the night vividly as it's probably the warmest I've ever been at a match. Proper humid and the atmosphere in the ground was electric. Far from the soulless pit it is today. I remember everyone applauding Anderton's goal, and the ground was bouncing when Hooper saved the penalty. Then when Beardsley's equaliser went in the place went crackers. A great game and great times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sTSGB1wePU

Edited by Anorthernsoul

I agree with all of them, being class, but that 1-1 at Roker Park was my first ever away game, and the Derby 4-1 when we had 8 men at the finish were unreal experiences. Because of the boring nature of football support and general culture these days you just can't get them back. Talking just about goals I'd say my 10 favourite when I was there were:

1. Mark McGhee's winner against Leicester having been 2-4 down with 8 minutes left (90)

2. Kelly v Portsmouth (92)

3. Liam O'Brien's at my first ever away game, great goal, celebrations I'll never forget (91)

4. Tino's 2nd right in front of me v Barcelona (97)

5. Gazza's against Crystal Palace, his best goal for the toon right in line with where I was stood (88)

6. Peter Beardsley beating 6 players down the other end, and smashing it in to be Spurs 2-1 at WHL last minute (my 16th birthday) (93)

7. Nobby against Arsenal, tight as fuck against the best side in country (imo) 0-0 84 mins, 1-0 85 mins, beauty as well (05)

8. Alex Mathie against Sheff Wed 93, amazing, amazing goal that was so good people questioned if he meant it (93)

9. Mirandinha against Liverpool in a 2-2 draw, scored after 2 minutes, the Gallowgate has never went more mental and I mention it because of the genius 50 yard assist Roeder got. I'll never forget it. (89)

10.Got to include the first goal I ever saw in the flesh. George Reilly sending the ground utterly mental, was in the old West Stand, and the noise was so loud I was scared. (85)

Some corkers there. Other than the Barcelona and Nobby v Arsenal I was at them all. :good:

Even though the game didn't mean much to either club I remember the night vividly as it's probably the warmest I've ever been at a match. Proper humid and the atmosphere in the ground was electric. Far from the soulless pit it is today. I remember everyone applauding Anderton's goal, and the ground was bouncing when Hooper saved the penalty. Then when Beardsley's equaliser went in the place went crackers. A great game and great times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sTSGB1wePU

Was 2-0 after 5 minutes after 20 it was 2-3. What a fuckin game. Atmosphere amazing and it was like watching a game in Dubai that neet. Our average supporter is nothing like that these days.

Some corkers there. Other than the Barcelona and Nobby v Arsenal I was at them all. :good:

Seen the ages I was, 12, 14, 13, 19, 10, 16, 27, 15, 11 and 7. When you get older you still love the club, but not as deeply, certainly not when you've been made to look like national laughing stocks for a decade.

Have you seen Mavis recently? Almost unrecognisable!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3555639/Watford-hero-George-Reilly-shuns-Wembley-watch-Hornets-FA-Cup-semi-final-Corby-estate-grew-on.html

That could be anyone. He's one of the first players I remember for us but I wouldn't have been able to pick him out of a line up now.

That could be anyone. He's one of the first players I remember for us but I wouldn't have been able to pick him out of a line up now.

Interesting article to read. Didn't realise he'd chucked McFaul into a swimming pool after an argument! :lol:

Poor bastard. Can you even remember Shearer?

Only in his final season. My first game was a 2005 FA Cup game vs Mansfield Town, won 1-0, Shearer getting the winner with 10 minutes to go.

To make it even more depressing, in my lifetime, we've finished in the top half 6 times. (2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2005-06, 2011-12, 2013-14). Three of those seasons I can't remember and one of them was utter shite.