Would you rather...

adios

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we stay up and he leaves then I reckon it'll be more of the same shit next season. Rafa will demand resources and if he stays then that means the club should be showing some ambition.

I went with Rafa under the premise he will be allowed to act as manager and build a team. If that happens then roll on next season. We know though that this hypothetical exercise needs 2 more possible outcomes, and 1 of them, relegation AND Penfold's choice is most likely.

Yes, it's a hypothetical exercise, I'm not on the phone to Rafa about it. :razz:

I've got a total mancrush on Rafa at this point, so I'd take Rafa in the Conference if that was the option.

Daft question to be honest. I'd love us to stay up and then have a powerful manager hold the club to their promises and put the ball publicly in their court rather than the recent gimps who play ball with the chumps running the show with Ashley's limits.

For me it would easily be Rafa staying, even if that meant us going down.

We'll never get a chance to get a manager of this calibre in under Ashleyb again. Absolutely anything to get him to stay.

We'll never get a chance to get a manager of this calibre in under Ashleyb again. Absolutely anything to get him to stay.

This is how I feel. And he's got a very good chance of getting back up at the first attempt. So a year of shit and then a great manager in a great league.

Yup.

Staying up without Rafa will only postpone the inevitable. Ashley et al are unlikely to ever make a managerial appointment this good again. So when we go down again we'll facing a very bleak season.

Going down with him means when we return we'll be in a good position to build for the a future.

The extra money won't protect us from Charnley's in competence, Benitez will.

PL and penfold smacks of short-termism, what would be the point in us staying up then getting someone else shit in? We'd just have another miserable year and probably end up down anyway next season.

Rafa + championship all the way, reckon we'd be straight back up, a season of watching us win all the time would be very welcome regardless of the opposition.

Rafa then has us in the PL having had time to rebuild, shift some shit attitudes out of the team and get us heading towards europe again.

Simple choice. Premier league. Got no fancy to watch us play well against some of the shit in the championship

Our season in the Championship was one of my favourites in the last decade tbh.

This.

Aye, I knew he was a good manager, but I'm massively impressed by the difference he has made to the team. It's like night and day and if he goes it's back to the drawing board.