Newcastle's fucking waste of oxygen, missed abortion opportunity, stinking dickheads vs Villa

TheGingerQuiff

Sunderland still look hard to beat. You can say Norwich looked canny against Arsenal and Sunderland didn't look that good against Stoke but I would also say that the week before they looked more likely to beat Arsenal than the other way round.

I don't think it's all impossible that Sunderland beat Everton and Watford. In which case we need Chelsea to be beat them to have any hope of it being in our hands come the Spurs game. And if Saturday showed me anything, it's that we're not going to be comfortable against anyone this season. I'm not confident we'll beat Villa let alone Spurs. And if we do beat Villa I'm not sure I can handle the last day nerves when those tramps could relegate us. I fucking hate these cunts for giving us a chance now. It was much easier to accept relegation as a formality after the Southampton game than it is deal with these scenarios now.

Aye, the cunts could have started trying with more than a month of the season to go

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect this being a horrible nervy game I just hope Rafa sends them out in all out attack mode from the off. We all know how much they would love to drag us down with them someone said it's the biggest game in a decade I think it's bigger than that. If we manage to stay up & retain Rafa's services & he's allowed full reign who knows we could be were Leicester are next season.

Jesus Christ, give him a hopeless situation and he'll offer nothing but positivity. Give him a bit of hope and he turns into the harbinger of doom.

I'm just not as reactionary as you lot.

;)

Yeah there should be no saving charnley from this masterpiece of uselessness. If we survive it could be the best thing to happen to the club in years though. We lose charnley and gain Rafa. But it remains unlikely.

If we survive, doesn't Charnley get begrudging credit for eventually getting something right... better late than never.

I'd hate to give Ashley ANOTHER appointment to fuck up in honesty. As long as Benitez is content, I wouldn't rock the boat. If he has Charnley in his pocket, leave it be. If he get's annoyed with Charnley fucking up the number of sugars agents take while contracts are agreed, then hopefully Benitez will get to sanction whoever the replacement is, or we could end up with Jimmy Bullard or something.

I don't think there's any way that Charnley can possibly be in the job come June. He was given free reign by Ashley and he ballsed it up with a bad managerial appointment that he persevered with far beyond the point of no return and emptied our coffers with a completely disjointed transfer policy. Even the prolonged McClaren sacking/Rafa appointment was carried out entirely by agents, apart from okaying the name and the deal I don't think Charnley had much to do with it at all.

I don't doubt you but is that based on an actual source? Is it a hunch or have you read a story to suggest as much? Charnley seems completely incompetent so it remains entirely plausible, I'm just curious.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I don't think there's any way that Charnley can possibly be in the job come June. He was given free reign by Ashley and he ballsed it up with a bad managerial appointment that he persevered with far beyond the point of no return and emptied our coffers with a completely disjointed transfer policy. Even the prolonged McClaren sacking/Rafa appointment was carried out entirely by agents, apart from okaying the name and the deal I don't think Charnley had much to do with it at all.

I wouldn't damn him for the mistakes and then overlook him when giving any credit.

I don't believe Charnley got free reign or that he has held any sway on transfers, any more than he was the driving force bringing Benitez in. He remains as much of a puppet as he ever was and as much as anyone else Ashley would bring in to do his bidding, so by that rationale, he may as well stay in the role.

If Ashley were to actually walk away from the decision making, then it would be nice to have someone competent like.

I don't doubt you but is that based on an actual source? Is it a hunch or have you read a story to suggest as much? Charnley seems completely incompetent so it remains entirely plausible, I'm just curious.

I'm pretty sure it was reported at the time that all the talks were between agents with Rafa and Charnley only meeting to sign on the dotted line.

I wouldn't damn him for the mistakes and then overlook him when giving any credit.

I don't believe Charnley got free reign or that he has held any sway on transfers, any more than he was the driving force bringing Benitez in. He remains as much of a puppet as he ever was and as much as anyone else Ashley would bring in to do his bidding, so by that rationale, he may as well stay in the role.

If Ashley were to actually walk away from the decision making, then it would be nice to have someone competent like.

I really think that Ashley has stepped back from the decision making this season and left it to the board. Why else would he claim that he has done so? I reckon that this was Charnley's opportunity to show that he can run the club with the stabilisers off and he has failed to do so.

I see HF's point here which is essentially a combination of 'better the devil you know' and hoping that Charnley will be so indebted to Rafa that he'll be forced to keep him on side.

I'm not sure about the giving him credit bit mind you, as he made a decision that literally every single person on this forum, likely including CT and Essemmbee of all people, would also have made. The decision was the most obvious one he could make and he still dithered to the point of sabotaging our season.

From a management perspective he should be gone. He's a risk, he lacks foresight and decision making abilities, and can only see the path ahead if it's literally right in front of him. He's also on the brink of costing the club £100m. No way will he have a job after that. No way should he expect to.

The fear is that Ashley brings in someone worse, but I don't think I see that happening this time, especially as Ashley has other things to worry about. He'll want someone in who can just sort the club out without him being pulled back in all the time.

I really think that Ashley has stepped back from the decision making this season and left it to the board. Why else would he claim that he has done so? I reckon that this was Charnley's opportunity to show that he can run the club with the stabilisers off and he has failed to do so.

He knows that he is toxic and anything the club does that is not a success will see calls for his departure.

And it's been a success. Nothing like the anger or protests seen last year, despite performing worse.

By and large people have bought into the lie that the board have made decisions without input from Ashley, which is completely absurd when you think about it.

Got a ticket for Satder. My first away game since we played the mackems last season. Hope I bring us more luck this time. If you see a tall fat pitch invader it won't be me.