That Sinking Feeling

Meenzer

20 years ago man. and he's not wrong comparing how the rest of the country viewed us then to now. we were everyone's second club instead of the melodramatic basket case we are today

20 years ago man. and he's not wrong comparing how the rest of the country viewed us then to now. we were everyone's second club instead of the melodramatic basket case we are today

I think neutrals liked us, and it was acknowledged our football was great to watch by most, but am not sure we'd have got as much of the near universal approval that Leicester have achieved if we'd have hung on. Not that it was as much of a surprise that we were challenging.

20 years ago man. and he's not wrong comparing how the rest of the country viewed us then to now. we were everyone's second club

We never have been anyone's second favourite team. We were canny to watch in the mid 90s but that's it

Neutrals watched us but didn't necessary support us

We never have been anyone's second favourite team. We were canny to watch in the mid 90s but that's it

Neutrals watched us but didn't necessary support us

i think it's safe to say the majority of the country wanted us to beat Man U to the title - and it wasn't just because we were underdogs, like Leicester. like the quotes in the piece suggest, people at the time who didn't support our club would go out of their way to watch our games, and root for us, because we played such a brilliant brand of football.

The whole concept of a second team completely bemuses me. Some teams are better to watch than others but I never want other teams to do well. And that includes Leicester.

generally i would agree with this but i found myself cheering them on while few games this season. it's two fingers up to the establishment and for that reason hard not to like. i think only spurs supporters and perhaps the most ardent derby fan weren't willing them on to win the title.

i think it's safe to say the majority of the country wanted us to beat Man U to the title - and it wasn't just because we were underdogs, like Leicester. like the quotes in the piece suggest, people at the time who didn't support our club would go out of their way to watch our games, and root for us, because we played such a brilliant brand of football.

Yeah they wanted us to beat man utd to the title but I wanted Leicester to win the title but their not my second team

Like I said canny to watch, but at the same time a lot of people took the piss when we messed up the title

Yeah they wanted us to beat man utd to the title but I wanted Leicester to win the title but their not my second team

Like I said canny to watch, but at the same time a lot of people took the piss when we messed up the title

willing them on to the win the title means you have been offering a degree of support. this isn't something that happens very often with rival premier league teams. i think this year and the one where we were challenging were two exceptions. particularly so when it was us because of how we played the game. when it's the usual big four going at it, i agree. i couldn't give a monkeys which of them wins.

willing them on to the win the title means you have been offering a degree of support. this isn't something that happens very often with rival premier league teams. i think this year and the one where we were challenging were two exceptions. particularly so when it was us because of how we played the game. when it's the usual big four going at it, i agree. i couldn't give a monkeys which of them wins.

I think this was key, we weren't just a new contender outside the usual big clubs, we were playing the best football in the land. We had characterful players all over the pitch. A massive Caribbean 'keeper, a cultured striker pretending to be a classy centre back, the most expensive defender in the country, a classy central midfielder, one of the most talented Englishman to ever lace up some boots, a French winger with mercurial talent, a lightning quick winger on the other flank, a big bruising classic centre forward, and Faustino fucking Asprilla! Oh and Keegan telling them to attack all game.

Great football, great players, great manager, great vibe about the place.

Leicester deserve huge plaudits for achieving what we could not, but their football hasn't been great. Liverpool's title push came with better football, so did ours way back when.