Who stays, you decide

Dr Gloom

Didn't Hughton come with Keegan?

Same time, but given the job by Dennis Wise.

Remember that? When Dennis Wise was out Director of Football?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Hughton come with Keegan?

Aye that's what I was meaning, he come in during January then we had Keegan, Kinnear and Shearer in 5 months, so it was a total mess and hard for him to have much impact in all of that. I think Cathro had much more opportunity as he had a full pre-season and the whole time under McClaren for us to see any impact. Not blaming the bloke btw, the shit show is on McClaren, Charnley and Ashley just it makes me nervous that he's not all that great since he didn't seem to have much impact during the time (although it is hard to assess).

Same time, but given the job by Dennis Wise.

Remember that? When Dennis Wise was out Director of Football?

Did that really happen? I always assume that was just a fucking nightmare I had once.

Aye that's what I was meaning, he come in during January then we had Keegan, Kinnear and Shearer in 5 months, so it was a total mess and hard for him to have much impact in all of that. I think Cathro had much more opportunity as he had a full pre-season and the whole time under McClaren for us to see any impact. Not blaming the bloke btw, the shit show is on McClaren, Charnley and Ashley just it makes me nervous that he's not all that great since he didn't seem to have much impact during the time (although it is hard to assess).

Aye I don't think you can really judge him yet. If he'd managed the team for a couple of games between McClaren's departure and Benitez's arrival, then maybe?

Surely what we've learned from appointing Benitez as that we need someone who the players and fans can get behind. Cathro would not be that man. He might be a good bloke but he's linked to McClaren now and I rally can't see players dying to play for him and he's not going to go down well with a set of fans who have just watched us get relegated.

Unfortunately I don't beleive for a second that those clowns will have learned anything from this season.

Surely what we've learned from appointing Benitez as that we need someone who the players and fans can get behind. Cathro would not be that man. He might be a good bloke but he's linked to McClaren now and I rally can't see players dying to play for him and he's not going to go down well with a set of fans who have just watched us get relegated.

Unfortunately I don't beleive for a second that those clowns will have learned anything from this season.

What we've learned is there is 1 position where you get more bang for your buck. A good manager is a game changer.

Aye I don't think you can really judge him yet. If he'd managed the team for a couple of games between McClaren's departure and Benitez's arrival, then maybe?

I think even that would be harsh tbf, Hughton managed us for 3 before the mighty Kinnear took over iirc. I'm just being cranky after relegation, well that and I really am praying Rafa stays.

Townesnd. What a piece of business that was. Laughing all the way to the bank fat geordie b@stards. At spurs we used to say he thinks football is played over 30 minutes because he goes missing for the other 60 minutes. Some of our fans used to bring binoculars to spot him because most of the time on the pitch he was on a tea break

So then joke fans from carTOON land how does our feeder club feel about being relegated by Sunderland and are you ready for a pasting this weekend? Just about every stadium in the country were pissing themselves laughing on Wednesday

Its just dawned on me that next year were on a european tour a could play Barcelona, Bayern Munch or Benfica. You lot are entertaining wait for it CONTINUE TO WAIT FOR IT Burton Albion

Whats next for you fat, jobless, useless Geordie B@stards Fleetword Town? How about a pre season match against the local JD Weatherspoons pub team to get you ready for the stiff competition next year

what a charmer. did a geordie shag your mrs or something?

townsend has actually been one of out best players since he signed, which admittedly doesn't speak volumes for the rest of the squad. at least he tries though.

Oh this is wonderful. I am lazing in glorious Bournemouth where it is a very pleasant 23 degrees. A place much liked by me and my fellow yids as 1) we had an 8-1 aggregate win over them this year (a fixture you lot lost BTW) and 2) it has 7 miles of blue flag sandy beach. Its nice to see the large spurs contingent down here having a blast because unlike the fat, grubby, jobless Toon tw@ts our fans are a mixture of the rightous and the rich. Oh were are my manners? I should have checked the weather before making such comments as it seems carTOON land is as usual rather dull, a miserable 9C which rather sums up their city and its football team. How despressing!

ha ha ha ha ha. If you look up the word hell in the oxford dictionery you will see a photo of Newcastle next to it!

ha ha ha ha ha. If you look up the word hell in the oxford dictionery you will see a photo of Newcastle next to it!

I tried this, but there wasn't a photo of Newcastle.

You're a liar, sir.

I tried this, but there wasn't a photo of Newcastle.

You're a liar, sir.

They didn't put photos in the dictionary in my day