Remember your first day at work?

SEA Mag

Thanks guys for the advice! I'll remember not to trust anyone.  :second:  It's a supervisory kind of job though I can't see myself managing anyone yet, cos I've never done so in my entire life.  B) Hope it all goes well for me tomorrow yea.. :P

6596[/snapback]

OK - don't keep us in suspense

WHAT HAPPENED?????????????????????

;);):P

7440[/snapback]

My Senior engineer was quite busy, so he kept asking me to go for tea breaks and to look around the process line myself. It's the honeymoon period and I'm spending most of my time staring blankly at the machines wondering how they work. ;)

well if you get asked to laminate something, don't lazily hold it around the laminator before hand with one hand, then let it catch the poster diagonaly and you spend 15 seconds panicing at which button it is to turn the blasted thing off, becuase you wern't told. Then let it chew the poster and screw it up, don't do that.

well if you get asked to laminate something, don't lazily hold it around the laminator before hand with one hand, then let it catch the poster diagonaly and you spend 15 seconds panicing at which button it is to turn the blasted thing off, becuase you wern't told. Then let it chew the poster and screw it up, don't do that.

7447[/snapback]

and keep you tie out of the shredder...................

7447[/snapback]

7470[/snapback]

;)B)

Thanks guys for the advice! I'll remember not to trust anyone.  :second:  It's a supervisory kind of job though I can't see myself managing anyone yet, cos I've never done so in my entire life.  B) Hope it all goes well for me tomorrow yea.. :P

6596[/snapback]

7440[/snapback]

My Senior engineer was quite busy, so he kept asking me to go for tea breaks and to look around the process line myself. It's the honeymoon period and I'm spending most of my time staring blankly at the machines wondering how they work. ;)

7441[/snapback]

the time to worry is when they STOP working me lad.....................

slightly over dress

6538[/snapback]

Don't MacDonalds provide uniforms?

;)

7407[/snapback]

Definitely in Singapore where SEAMag is...................

7438[/snapback]

Well don't they all over the world? I know Malaysia does too. Taiwan as well. First day of job was fine.... Did nothing of note and went for several tea breaks. My friend is asking me if I want to go for a short trip at the end of this month. Is it advisable to take 2 days leave in your first month of work? I really want to go!

7439[/snapback]

They give you the leave to use - just tell them its been arranged for a while but if they want you'll cancel........................

6596[/snapback]

7440[/snapback]

7441[/snapback]

the time to worry is when they STOP working me lad.....................

7472[/snapback]

Whey then it's time for the technicians to show their stuff. :P

slightly over dress

6538[/snapback]

Don't MacDonalds provide uniforms?

;)

7407[/snapback]

Definitely in Singapore where SEAMag is...................

7438[/snapback]

Well don't they all over the world? I know Malaysia does too. Taiwan as well. First day of job was fine.... Did nothing of note and went for several tea breaks. My friend is asking me if I want to go for a short trip at the end of this month. Is it advisable to take 2 days leave in your first month of work? I really want to go!

7439[/snapback]

They give you the leave to use - just tell them its been arranged for a while but if they want you'll cancel........................

7473[/snapback]

I just remembered since I only started working i'd have only like 1 day of leave. B)

7447[/snapback]

7470[/snapback]

ooo i could write a book about my bad experiances with a mechanical hole puncher used to punch 20-30 holes for a book bind. I'm just not good at work where you need to be very precise.

it was only work experiance mind

Edited by kitty-sniper

"Whey then it's time for the technicians to show their stuff. laugh.gif"

Who was it who said

"if it goes wrong -run

if they come after you - hide

if they find you - lie"

First day on the first job- taking care of a mentally challenged hermaphrodite.

6790[/snapback]

Anyone from this Board????

7364[/snapback]

Damn that confidentiality rule!!!

;)

I remember my first day of my first job. It was nervous of course, but it wasn't too bad because everyone was new as it was just opening.

The early days were quite good, and then it all went shit.

Glad I'm out of there.

My first day at SJPs was the day of the England - Ukriane game. Get there 15 minutes before i'm meant to start but end up being 15 minutes late because the daft bint who was meant to give me my uniform wasn't in her fucking office. Got changed, went to the Sports Bar and stood about watching the big screens for half an hour. Punters began to come in and it all kicked off. The chef was a cunt of the highest order, I wasn't trained in any part of the job and the customers were a bunch of teenage cockney deliquents on day release who complained about EVERYTHING! We ran out of Burgers at half time so I was sent through the stands to get them from the Black & White Bar. Was told by the chef there to fuck off and made my way back down to our chef who then kicked off at me. Tilled in 88 mince pies because I had no idea how to use the till which meant I had to stay until midnight with my supervisor and his manager looking for a missing £200. They got very, very close to saying "Okay mate, give us the money" before one of them turned around and suggested they check the reciepts.

I got caught on all sorts of pranks, the worst was being sent to the stores and ask for a "long weight", it was 30mins before I realised.

6492[/snapback]

teacher caught me with that in school the twat, although he used the long stand routine, when i came back everyone was in stitches, and the fact the teacher he sent me too did give me a short stand though ;)