End is near for sorry Souness

Scottish Mag

we're the laughing stock of the country. We've had Keegan and Bobby stabilise the ship however we cant afford to keep getting it wrong in between. If we sack Souness now, then i cant see us having many options if any at all to replace him. I think Shepherd says too much to the media and other managers can see that. Boro are in worse position than us yet i dont hear Gibbo using the Gazzette to mouth off about McClaren. Its a very sorry position we are in and i dont see it getting any better in the short term. But we cant just sack the manager then think about what we're going to do afterwards. The last time we did that, we ended up with Souness. The caretaker situation of Glen Roeder fills me with dread.

83357[/snapback]

I can't for the life of me think how it will be any worse that what is happening at the moment.

Since Souness arrived he has taken a team that was playing poorly and turned them into a bunch of players that just go onto the field each game going through the motions without having any clear plan of they should be doing and not caring at all.

I know it's a poor idea to sack a manager without having a replacement lined up but the unfortunate fact is that we have waited too long and he is harming us with his very presence. If nothing else installing Roder and Pedro as caretakers might get the fans behind the team because the current air or apathy and indiference will count against us if we do get involved with a relegation battle with the likes of West Brom, Birmingham and Portsmouth because their fans are at least fully behind their teams.

83369[/snapback]

I agree entirely DK, each day Souness remains here the club is being damaged further. I never thought I could hate a manager more than Gullit - I was completely wrong.

Incidentally, has anyone heard what McDermott has to say about the situation? What exactly does he do?

Incidentally, has anyone heard what McDermott has to say about the situation? What exactly does he do?

83411[/snapback]

He'll be issueing a statement later, as soon as he gets back from the bookies.

83412[/snapback]

Is he betting on his dismissal?

Hmm, we still had the likes of Given, Boumsong, Babayaro, Solano, Luque and Shearer in the team. Are we allowed to play with 14 players?

I hate the drivel the tossers are coming up with. They are either completely out of touch with the public opinion or just taking the piss.

83394[/snapback]

Even if we are losing games because of injuries, it's not an excuse - several of our players had notable histories of injury when we signed them, hence their low price. You very rarely get something for nothing (unless we're selling) so if the price is low there's usually a reason.

Saunders: Souness is staying

Newcastle assistant boss Dean Saunders insists manager Graeme Souness has not even thought about leaving the club.

The Guardian newspaper claims Souness and his coaching team will be fired by chairman Freddy Shepherd on Monday.

But Saunders told BBC Sport: "The papers have been saying Graeme's on his way for the last three weeks. We'll just keep going on as normal.

"He's at the training ground now and it's business as usual. We're busy preparing for our next game."

BBC Sport

83379[/snapback]

"They understand that we've not got our full team out. We had eight players who would be in the starting line-up who were on the sidelines against Blackburn.

Hmm, we still had the likes of Given, Boumsong, Babayaro, Solano, Luque and Shearer in the team. Are we allowed to play with 14 players?

I hate the drivel the tossers are coming up with. They are either completely out of touch with the public opinion or just taking the piss.

83394[/snapback]

Did you think of this point yourself Isegrim, or did you get it from .com? I only ask because I wouldn't put it past them reading it and putting it in their latest news article.

Incidentally, I thought the recent article on .com following the game was excellent - pity it has come so late and Niall and Biffa didn't condemn Souness a bit sooner though.

Saunders: Souness is staying

Newcastle assistant boss Dean Saunders insists manager Graeme Souness has not even thought about leaving the club.

The Guardian newspaper claims Souness and his coaching team will be fired by chairman Freddy Shepherd on Monday.

But Saunders told BBC Sport: "The papers have been saying Graeme's on his way for the last three weeks. We'll just keep going on as normal.

"He's at the training ground now and it's business as usual. We're busy preparing for our next game."

BBC Sport

83379[/snapback]

"They understand that we've not got our full team out. We had eight players who would be in the starting line-up who were on the sidelines against Blackburn.

83394[/snapback]

Did you think of this point yourself Isegrim, or did you get it from .com? I only ask because I wouldn't put it past them reading it and putting it in their latest news article.

Incidentally, I thought the recent article on .com following the game was excellent - pity it has come so late and Niall and Biffa didn't condemn Souness a bit sooner though.

83446[/snapback]

Nah, I got this idea myself. But I think it isn't very original and you hardly need a doctorate to count 3 (or 6) and 8 together...