Shearer

GPB

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Colback

I think you'll find we agree on Colback so that's not really going to work for this rather pathetic attempt at 'banter'

Try again.

Aye they don't care about Colback, but there club released a long pissy statement crying :lol:

Get it over lads you've got mackembauer now :lol: good enough for Germany squad and Arsenal squad according to RTG :lol:

Think it's a fact that our championship attendance was higher than that of the free ticket mackems last time we went down like.

Why are the mackems so obsessed by attendance any way?

• 4 weeks later...

I think that show on BBC1 was the best hour of Shearer's career off a football pitch. He was decent crack, and what an interesting documentary about Euro 96 it turned out to be. Jealous of Venables like, amazing place, it's like a top mafia bosses residence which is what he looks like. Even Gazza was on a lot better form. I think 20 years ago, 90% of us badly wanted us to win the Euro's, today it feels like 50% don't give a fuck.

I think 20 years ago, 90% of us badly wanted us to win the Euro's, today it feels like 50% don't give a fuck.

My attitude towards England in tournaments remains the same - support us while we're in, laugh at distraught southerners when we crash out.

My attitude towards England in tournaments remains the same - support us while we're in, laugh at distraught southerners when we crash out.

It's easier for you because if England play shite you can always turn around and say Kom igen Sverige ;-)

Euro 96 was the last time I could relate to the England team, I felt the players were connected to the fans in a way I haven't felt since. It was the last tournament before "The Golden Generation" who underachieved on a massive scale.

I would agree with this really.

It's easier for you because if England play shite you can always turn around and say Kom igen Sverige ;-)

They tend to be shite too these days, but aye, it helped in 1994 anyway :D

They tend to be shite too these days, but aye, it helped in 1994 anyway :D

Larsson had a decent World Cup, then he ended up in Feyenoord Reserves, then the jock pub league for 7 years.

I think that show on BBC1 was the best hour of Shearer's career off a football pitch. He was decent crack, and what an interesting documentary about Euro 96 it turned out to be. Jealous of Venables like, amazing place, it's like a top mafia bosses residence which is what he looks like. Even Gazza was on a lot better form. I think 20 years ago, 90% of us badly wanted us to win the Euro's, today it feels like 50% don't give a fuck.

Whilst having some reservations about posh wankers singing Swing Low, Sweet Chariot at Wembley I thought the mood in the country surrounding the tournament was great.

Whilst having some reservations about posh wankers singing Swing Low, Sweet Chariot at Wembley I thought the mood in the country surrounding the tournament was great.

Was the England cricket team's "barmy army" tosspots a thing back then?.....I think England's support in general over the years has gone a bit like that, in lots of ways it's a good thing. Depends how much you respect Stevie and his mates chucking plastic chairs at the police in Charleroi in 2000 then getting scuttled by water canon on News at Ten :D

Was the England cricket team's "barmy army" tosspots a thing back then?.....I think England's support in general over the years has gone a bit like that, in lots of ways it's a good thing. Depends how much you respect Stevie and his mates chucking plastic chairs at the police in Charleroi in 2000 then getting scuttled by water canon on News at Ten :D

Barmy Army started off in the 90s but it wasn't a proper organised thing like it is now.