Big Fat Magnificent Sam's shining beacons of total football in the darkness of the North East vs Everton

adios

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, let's make our first ever Sunderland match thread the last, eh?

I just don't have the magic touch, if someone else had made it, Everton would have won 5-0.

Anyway, Rafa's going to take the team back up and then win the league, Sunderland forever unimportant.

Aye, sorry Howay. I think he will stay anyway.

God, I wish I had your optimism. If Rafa goes I don't even know if I'll have the heart to watch the Euros.

Ah well, it's not like we weren't expecting it. Onwards to the season ahead I guess.

The silver lining to this is it's absolutely what Ashley deserves.

A fucking pitch invasion man :lol:

Avoiding relegation is, as we were told by a mackem on here once, the most exciting thing that happens to them. So I guess the pitch invasion is justified.

So that's it ... We are relegated.. My second relegation since I've started supporting... Hope we kill it in the championship and bounce back just the way we did last time... :nufc:

This charade is finally over. Last time we went down the board said "never again". Well fuck off all of you, you have learned nothing from the past and it just keeps getting worse. Just put down the mental pills and leave, ALL OF YOU!!!!

But I thought Ashley promised we'd never be here again last season in his rousing speech to avoid an uprising, it's a shame we all believe everything he says.

But I thought Ashley promised we'd never be here again last season in his rousing speech to avoid an uprising, it's a shame we all believe everything he says.

Aye, he's a genius.

Ashley clearly thought throwing a bit of money at the problem would sort it. He'd be semi-correct if he hadn't allowed Carr, Charnley and McClaren to be in charge of spending it.

Recruitment has been absolutely diabolical. We spent a bit of money but what's the point if it's spent on the likes of Saivet?

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Ashley clearly thought throwing a bit of money at the problem would sort it. He'd be semi-correct if he hadn't allowed Carr, Charnley and McClaren to be in charge of spending it.

Recruitment has been absolutely diabolical. We spent a bit of money but what's the point if it's spent on the likes of Saivet?

You know I'd completely forgotten we had Saivet :lol:

It's laughable really, we went into the pre-season knowing we struggled to get goals and conceded a ton, so we bought a 20 year old kid who had never played in England to play up top on his own and a 22 year old kid who had never played in England as our own defensive signing. We were also total fucking dogshit in pre-season so I don't understand how they watched the pre-season games and thought "aye this lot will do the business in the Prem".

Could find fault in nearly all of them to be honest, Saivet was the first that came to mind.

Even Mitrovic was a gamble that hasn't really paid off.

Yup. The flaws in the transfer policy blue print exposed yet again to devastating effect. It's all very well throwing money at it, finally, but why not invest that money in at least the odd experienced premier league player?