The Championship

Anorthernsoul

It will be a mad summer, who'll stay and who'll go? Currently Townsend and Elliott are the only players I'd want to keep, the rest are a shower not worth talking about. There's not a heart between those mercenary cunts.

To be honest the soul has been ripped out of the club to the point where it is unrecognisable now. Until this regime disappears there is little to no hope of re-building and establishing a solid team again.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, lascelles and Darlow as well. Flog the rest and buy some more who give a shit.

Hopefully Rafa mans up and stays on and we have another excellent promotion season.

Quite looking forward to the change.

At the end of the day, relegation / promotion is what makes football. We should take it on the chins and look forward not back.

Maybe I'm being cynical but what's the point...

The club is so badly mismanaged, I'll be amazed if anything productive or constructive happens over the summer and next season.

This situation should be used as a fantastic opportunity to shift all the utter garbage we have in our team, keep a decent spine, bring in some quality and bleed some of the the youth.

The likelihood is that we will still continue to play the utter dross we have in our team that we won't be able to move on because they are so shite.

Our signing strategy was once lauded, I can't believe the amount of money we spent this season and we've managed to get ourselves relegated.

Shambles, utter shambles.

Pessimistically:

Elliott

Darlow

Coloccini

Lascelles

Dummett

Mbabu

Colback

Aarons

Armstrong

but even that would see us recoup a decent wedge. As we'd be selling >11 1st team players, each going for at least a few million. Even Cisse would go for c£3m at least. Say just south of £10m for the likes of Krul, Townsend, Wijnaldum, Mitrovic, Mbemba, Perez, plus the couple of million each for the likes of de Jong, Tiote, Shelvey etc.

Optimistically we'll keep

Elliott Darlow

Janmaat

Mbemba, Lascelles, Dummett

Haidara, Mbabu

Colback, Anita, Shelvey

Townsend, Perez, Aarons

Mitrovic Armstrong.

But what's key is finding a manager who can get us back up at the 1st time of asking.

Pessimistically:

Elliott

Darlow

Coloccini

Lascelles

Dummett

Mbabu

Colback

Aarons

Armstrong

but even that would see us recoup a decent wedge. As we'd be selling >11 1st team players, each going for at least a few million. Even Cisse would go for c£3m at least. Say just south of £10m for the likes of Krul, Townsend, Wijnaldum, Mitrovic, Mbemba, Perez, plus the couple of million each for the likes of de Jong, Tiote, Shelvey etc.

Optimistically we'll keep

Elliott Darlow

Janmaat

Mbemba, Lascelles, Dummett

Haidara, Mbabu

Colback, Anita, Shelvey

Townsend, Perez, Aarons

Mitrovic Armstrong.

But what's key is finding a manager who can get us back up at the 1st time of asking.

I'd keep all of those bar Janmaat Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

He'd walk the Championship in much the same way Enrique did.

He would but he'll want away like Enrique didn't at the time.

I'd let him go, we'll get a bit of cash for him and Anita looks like a more competent defender anyway.

Assuming we have a half decent manager and having watched the best team in the championship a few times this season I reckon we'll batter that league regardless of the expected departures.

Waiting on the Rafa news now.

He would but he'll want away like Enrique didn't at the time.

I'd let him go, we'll get a bit of cash for him and Anita looks like a more competent defender anyway.

Assuming we have a half decent manager and having watched the best team in the championship a few times this season I reckon we'll batter that league regardless of the expected departures.

Waiting on the Rafa news now.

To be honest if Burnley, Boro' and Brighton are the best that league had to offer I'm expecting a fairly straightforward return like last time. I've watched them each a few times and they weren't blowing me away. When West Ham were down they very much looked a Premier League team in the Championship. I'd expect us to follow suit.

Cant believe people want to keep Anita after 3 decent games in 4 years. He is shite.

Falls under the "he'll do alright in the championship" category. We've got a few who might find their level next season

Cant believe people want to keep Anita after 3 decent games in 4 years. He is shite.

I think he's a good fit for Benitez, players from Ajax are generally well educated tactically and he's responded well to being well-drilled. If we get a championship manager we may as well just release him though.

Falls under the "he'll do alright in the championship" category. We've got a few who might find their level next season

I think he'll get out-muscled if he plays in the central midfield. And he isn't a right back. Hopefully he'll fuck off to Turkey or something like that.

I think he's a good fit for Benitez, players from Ajax are generally well educated tactically and he's responded well to being well-drilled. If we get a championship manager we may as well just release him though.

Rafa isn't going to stay though.

Anita has been our best dutch player this season.The other 3 are the main reasons why we are relegated.We need to stay well clear of the dutch and French markets.Rafa and Moysy,I know you read my posts so please take notice which ever one of you takes the biggest job in North East football.