The Championship

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a Huddersfield ticket late last night when I was mortal in the 3 bull's nappers. Anyone on here going because no fucker I know is going? :lol:

We're up for the night :)

You getting the bus? Trains are murder from what I can gather..

Eight of the nine most watched Championship matches featured us this season. Makes you wonder why we haven't been on more.

Might see that change for the rest of the season?

• 3 weeks later...

Did a predictor thing

Have us finishing top on 97 points,

Brighton 2nd on 95pts

Huddersfield in 3rd on 93pts.

If I'm honest I think we'll need 18-21 points to win the league, 14-18 to clinch automatic promotion.

We face;

Birmingham (a) 17th, in terrible form since Rowett was binned off, played 16, won 2, drawn 4, lost 10. It's not even like results are improving either. We're better away from home. Win. 80pts

Wigan (h) Last win came at Birmingham, scored the fewest in the division and only Rotherham have lost more games. Hopefully Hayden will be back? Disappointing Draw. 81pts

Burton (h) Decent form and unbeaten in 6, but another team that doesn't score much (36). Face Huddersfield 4 days before us. Decent if uninspiring Win. 84pts

Sheffield Wednesday (a) A good defence, should still be trying to cement a Play Off space. We're better away from home though. Draw. 85pts

Leeds (h) Have two tricky fixtures next in Brighton and Reading. After that there are 2 potential banana skins in Brentford and Preston. They're a decent side, and they've a reliable striker in Wood. If they come out of those four filled with confidence we'll lose this. 85pts

Ipswich (a) We like smashing the Tractor boys about, (P10 W6 D3 L1, F19 A7 ) they'll be totally safe and nowhere near the play-offs. They aren't great up front so I fancy a comfortable win. 88pts

Preston (h) Think by this point automatic promotion will be in our hands. A win against Preston and we'll be up. This will translate to a nervy negative crowd. Luckily, Preston will be out of the running and be good for a belly tickle. Win 91pts and Automatic Promotion

Cardiff (a) Gunning for the title vs another mid-table side with nothing to play for. Last away trip of the league. Some players hoping to show that Rafa can rely on them. Win. 94pts

Barnsley (h) Last time they beat us at St James' was 1982. We'll need a draw to clinch the title, but the players will go into the summer in style. Big win 97pts and the title.