New players

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not even that arsed about who we sign this summer. Usually we'd already be at fever pitch about who we could be bringing in but we've already made a far better signing than I ever thought possible. We could sell a few players and buy no one and I'd still be pretty confident going into next season.

If they can't be arsed to turn it on on a cold rainy night at Chelsea, I can't see them finding a work ethic at Burton Albion

Perhaps not, but Rafa certainly got more of a tune out of Moussa than the managers he followed. Like I said, I'm not convinced either way.

It's win win mind, if they go it'll be for north of £10m each, if they stay they'll be so many levels beyond the players they face it'll be bullying. Moussa is clearly a good footballer and it's only been his application that's been seriously questioned. This is a regular French International (who's still been picked despite the season he's had) and a Dutch international. No, they might not put in much of an effort at the Pirelli stadium, but with all due respect they might not need to.

Edited by The Fish

Perhaps not, but Rafa certainly got more of a tune out of Moussa than the managers he followed. Like I said, I'm not convinced either way.

It's win win mind, if they go it'll be for north of £10m each, if they stay they'll be so many levels beyond the players they face it'll be bullying. Moussa is clearly a good footballer and it's only been his application that's been seriously questioned. This is a regular French International (who's still been picked despite the season he's had) and a Dutch international. No, they might not put in much of an effort at the Pirelli stadium, but with all due respect they might not need to.

If this season taught us anything, it's that they definitely fucking need to.

Effort is all Sissoko can put in. His touch is fucking awful. If he doesn't put effort in then the rest of his game is shite. I'm still not convinced by the performances he put in once Rafa came. They were better yes, but for the most part were far from great. I think there's far more chance that we can get more out Gini but I'm not that arsed about either of them. If we could get around £25m for the pair of them and Rafa had it to spend on replacements I'd be more than happy.

I'd agree with that. If Caulkin's right and Rafa has £20m to spend, and can get another c.£20m for Gini and Sissoko, I'd be all for it. A £40m budget in the Championship should be more than enough, even with the loss of those two. de Jong can replace Gini, and we can comfortably get a decent PL standard winger to replace Sissoko for less than a quarter of that £40m.

There's been talk of us keeping Gini and Sissoko. Tbh I wouldn't want them, sell the pair for £30mil and buy Will Hughes and Nathan Redman

I like that, and am also tempted by Troy Deeney...experience at this level, goals, leadership..and I wouldn't complain if he brought his mate Ikechi Anya with him...a bit of ability and huge energy...things are in flux at the Vic so they (and others) may consider a step down...

He is permanent Brighton player. Looks good at that level though.

Id keep both Sissoko and Gini if they have the application. Rafa should just give it the: "Who wants to be here? Who doesn't?" speech. Then ship out the deadwood so we have a bunch of committed players.

First and foremost buy some fucking defenders.

Richard Keogh would be a decent buy with El Capitan fucking off back to Argentina and Steven Taylor finally being taken to the knacker's yard.

Sell Janmaat, buy a decent LB and RB in their mid 20s, make sure Anita knows he's a right back only and will never play in CM again and Dummett fourth choice CB and 2nd choice LB.

I doubt Sissoko and Wijnaldum will be here next year, I'd definitely take Anya from Watford.

If that comes off we'll definitely sail away with the league.

Right, I'll fuck off then.

He is permanent Brighton player. Looks good at that level though.

Id keep both Sissoko and Gini if they have the application. Rafa should just give it the: "Who wants to be here? Who doesn't?" speech. Then ship out the deadwood so we have a bunch of committed players.

Right you are! I thought he was still contracted to Leicester for some reason

I want Sissoko and Wijnaldum to stay I just don't think they will

Chronicle linking us with Ross McCormack. Good player at championship level but he's 30 by the time the season starts and they're taking £10m. I'm all for adding experiance to the squad and realise we might need a bit of knowledge of this division, but spending that sort of money on a player of his age who is unlikely to be much of an asset if we do go up seems unwise.

We've been linked with Dunk for a while now. You have to wonder whether there's any validity in any links to players that have been talked about in the past now that Rafa is in charge of transfers. Although given he's unlikely to have any great knowledge of players in the championship he might be willing to take more guidence about them.

Aye true, Dunks a decent centre back talking to Brighton fans and they were saying they won't let him go too important to the team

10m for a 30 year old McCormack is very steep and short term, but he will get us goals in the championship he's proven that

Personally I think it's too steep for such a short term option. If he signed and we got straight up we'd have a 31 year old striker who's never done anything in the top division before leading our line.

I suppose the other way to look at it is to weigh £10m against the additional income we would get from the premier league.