AC/DC Fans on here

trooper

Aye. :(

Like with Bowie (and unlike Johnson) I'm not aware of any teens that ever put in any complaints about Zep or reported anything but going in search of (and having) a blast with them. But still, dodgy as fuck like.

Like wearing a school uniform in your 60s.

Aye. :(

Like with Bowie (and unlike Johnson) I'm not aware of any teens that ever put in any complaints about Zep or reported anything but going in search of (and having) a blast with them. But still, dodgy as fuck like.

Like wearing a school uniform in your 60s.

I'm surprised the old 70s rock bands haven't been dragged into Yewtree. No way the Stones, Led Zep etc weren't shagging 15 year olds daily

That's what I mean about willing participants. Underage but could get into a club and aware of what a groupie is and wants.

Saville, Harris and that could prey in tv studios, hospitals and that where kids much younger without any notion that they were in any danger were molested.

Both wrong to take advantage of, but the latter is likely to be far more damaged by the experience.

Led Zeppelin different class to AC/DC but not sure they're even comparable. Mind, was listening to something last week that said some of led zeps stuff was plagiarised....

Led Zeppelin different class to AC/DC but not sure they're even comparable. Mind, was listening to something last week that said some of led zeps stuff was plagiarised....

Led Zep are the biggest metal band I've never really got though I recognise their status and influence . I think it's because they are very much blues based, more so than any other pioneers who I think carved out their own distinctive sound albeit with a blues element. I think it's this basis of their music which has made them more prone to accusations of plagiarism as I understand that technically, blues is more limited than "rock" as a whole. I'm not saying that within those limits, you can't write great music just that it's a narrower field.

I liked Scott era AC/DC as I think they had a more sleazy sound but find them a bit samey overall.

As much as I love a bit of Led Zep, they were notorious plagiarisers.

Lemon Song was "inspired" by Howlin Wolf, they were made to retrospectively credit Willie Dixon for Bring It On Home, In My Time of Dying is a traditional gospel song, recorded (though not written)by Blind Willie Johnson in 1925- Zeppelin didn't write it, as is claimed on Physical Graffiti.

I'm also pretty sure that they are/were being sued by a band they played as support for in their early days touring the US, who had a song with a remarkably similar melody to Stairway to Heaven.

Still a fucking awesome band, mind :lol:

I'm with NJS on AC/DC- firmly in the Bon Scott camp.

Best album they've made is Powerage.

I will hunt down and kill anyone who disagrees ;)

I don't think they necessarily did anything other blues musicians before didn't do all the time as well.

The only difference was the old blues musicians would go back to the cotton fields after recording. Percy and co. not so much.