pick your England starting 11 for the Euros

Dr Gloom

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36163625

i'd go for something like this, based on form this year, though it'll never happen - sterling, rooney and milner are all bound to start. he'll probably start henderson or Wilshire too. i suppose stones has been a bit shit of late but we're not exactly blessed with loads of options at the back.

england-xi-3f472e26014e10d77ac193c59fd9d

Edited by Dr Gloom

going through the players exposes the paucity of options. i'm all for giving youth a chance at the expense of the likes of rooney and milner, but i can't see us going far in the tournament.

If he starts Rooney ahead of Ali he wants his head checked.

Only three central defenders in the squad too. I guess he's thinking Dier could be the fourth choice. Playing with fire as it's obvious one of them will get injured now. Weird that a strong central defence used to be our strong point.

Alli, Dier and Drinkwater as central midfield?

if you're going on form, then yes. those are the best three of the season.

so no doubt it'll be milner, wilshire and henderson

started 1

:lol: :lol: Bet he done absolutely fuck all in that one start as well. To be honest the bloke has done largely fuck all apart from be injured for years, I'm not the biggest fan of Mark Noble but you'd be irate if you were someone like him on the cusp of the England squad and you lose out to someone that has barely made 10 appearances since the World Cup.

Yeah, more drifting inside and playing on the shoulder. Second striker when we attack but he sits on the pocket when defend. The width has to come from the full backs in that formation

Gloom absolutely scrambling to explain himself here. A three post salvo.

i'm as flexible as my formations

get back to your chin ups, you.

alright then wankers, here it is

england-xi-16b173c87d98bd8de87fc123ef0f4

i was trying to find way to get dier, drinkwater and ali into the same midfield while playing vardy and kane in the same team. vardy did well for hodgson from that postition already but if you play both of them as out and out forwards then drinkwater has to be sacrificed. probably for sterling, which is annoying as he's been gash this season.