Michael Carrick

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you were pissed.

How about using next season to blood some youth rather than paying over the odds for a player who likely won't be up to it when we get back into the PL.

He'll be on a free I think in which case he'd be a good option, experience and a good passer who can dictate a game, all things we lack

I'd also take Will Hughes from Derby on tonight's showing

Surely we have no chance of getting Hughes though...

He is a good player, and one we should have been looking at prior to going down though.

Edited by Rayvin

Surely we have no chance of getting Hughes though...

He is a good player, and one we should have been looking at prior to going down though.

I think he's one we should look at tbh, he had a fair bit of attention a couple of seasons ago but it's went quiet on that front but in the meantime he has been getting a fair bit of experience. If Rafa stays we'll be a big draw for top Championship players like him, of course PL clubs may throw their hat in the ring if we started to bid but you never know.

Hughes has been injured for quite a while this season, hence the hype about him dying down.

That'd do it. Any time I've seen the lad play he has been canny (only about 5 or 6 times mind) is he injury prone or was it just a one off long injury?

That'd do it. Any time I've seen the lad play he has been canny (only about 5 or 6 times mind) is he injury prone or was it just a one off long injury?

a one off I think

Derby will know how good he is though - how much would he cost? £15m? He wouldn't be cheap.

If they can afford to keep him, they haven't been in the PL for a while and he won't want to be a championship player forever

Appreciated but if it came to that they'd aim to start a bidding war with involvement from at least one newly flush PL team, not a team that are going to be competing with them for promotion next year.

I don't like being a pessimist but I can't see this one happening. Reckon Carrick is more likely.

a one off I think

That's good to hear, although our lot probably aren't interested anyway. It'll be interesting who Benitez will go after as he's not used to buying for teams of this level but no doubt a manager of his calibre had interest in some Championship players he thinks have potential.