Utility Bills

Christmas Tree

Just done my annual utility search etc and in this area, CT Towers NE postcode, Sainsburys are by far the cheapest at the moment (until some bugger tells me otherwise). :lol:

Anyway, hope you all do this regularly as it could save you a lot of money which in turn will pay for your Rafa season ticket.

I don't know if it's just the area where I live or because I'm on the right tariffs already or what, but I've never done a search like this that came up with a saving of more than a couple of quid, which really isn't worth it once you factor in the effort of actually switching. :dunno: I get that it's worth keeping on top of it though, companies love a sitting duck (pizza).

I don't know if it's just the area where I live or because I'm on the right tariffs already or what, but I've never done a search like this that came up with a saving of more than a couple of quid, which really isn't worth it once you factor in the effort of actually switching. :dunno: I get that it's worth keeping on top of it though, companies love a sitting duck (pizza).

We spend about £1600 a year and the saving was just over £200. (Dual fuel).

Gas price per kWh pretty much the same at 4.6 ish but electricity with Sainsbury 8.4 ish compared to current deal which was 11.4 ish.

• 2 weeks later...

You should just sign up to Martin Lewis's Cheap Energy Club. They'll send you an alert when a cheaper tariff becomes available.

I second this. I'm on a one year fixed deal they set up with e.on that undercut the tariff I was already on with the same company. Got £30 cashback too iirc.

• 1 year later...

Has CT actually said he doesn't believe in climate change? In the sense that he said it and meant it, not questioned the evidence for the sake of winding people up.

Denying climate change is wolfy level stuff these days, surely.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Has CT actually said he doesn't believe in climate change? In the sense that he said it and meant it, not questioned the evidence for the sake of winding people up.

Denying climate change is wolfy level stuff these days, surely.

:lol: No, it’s just one of the usual Toontastic myths. If you say it enough it sticks, you fucking racist.

30 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: No, it’s just one of the usual Toontastic myths. If you say it enough it sticks, you fucking racist.

But this basically says that some midgies that used to be abundant are now declining......

Means nothing really. They might do this every 7000 years as the earth warms and cools naturally.

Its this sort of scientific crap that annoys me. Probably costs hundreds of thousands to find out as well.

Until one of the Presidents assistants agrees to speak to the geeky scientist who has just got off a plane with new data or untill Jeremy from Sky news is sent somewhere to cover the breaking climate change story then it is all bollox.

On 11/23/2009 at 12:52, Christmas Tree said:

The argument is that climate change is a normal cycle of earth, more driven by natural occurrences than mankind and certainly not the end of the world.

Its still all huff and puff and guesses really. Some low lying areas may be flooded etc etc could this, may that.....

On 10/27/2009 at 17:43, Christmas Tree said:

Ten facts about global warming

THEY don’t want you to know

Aye, sounds like you're right on board with the climate change lobby.

• Jaysus... 1

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Just changed to Bulb energy.

Electricity from 100% renewables and 10% of gas from sewage farms. 

Im saving the planet and your bowel movements are keeping me warm :lol:

I'm sure most of this board would happily drive to Boldon and fart in your face to warm you up.