We woz robbed!

Leon

I really think that the time will come when some club makes a legal challenge against a refereeing mistake if they don't bring in some additional video help for referee's.

A prime example of this would be Aguero's goal in the draw. If the final table had ended up where a 1-0 win for us would have kept us up, that one appalling decision could have relegated us and cost the club tens of millions. This in turn could cost people their jobs. For me this could be remedied fairly easily with the use of a video referee. The game had already been stopped by the giving of a goal so there is no issue there and it wouldn't take much time anyway for someone to look at the replay and say hang on that's offside.

I'm not in favour of this because of a feeling of injustice about that one incident against us, I just don't want to see a time come when legal cases are brought into football.

I really think that the time will come when some club makes a legal challenge against a refereeing mistake if they don't bring in some additional video help for referee's.

Given the amount of money which is now decided on these decisions I tend to agree with you. Any other business would have lawyers running to submit a claim if a ruling was made incorrectly and they had evidence it had cost them.

Edited by MiddleAgeCool

There'll be something in the small print of whatever contract the clubs sign with the league that precludes them from making a challenge like that.

It would have happened by now if it was possible.

The whole thing is just embarrassing to the game. Rugby, cricket and even tennis has better officials than football and all of them successfully use technology to ensure the decisions that are made are done without breaking the flow of the game.

There'll be something in the small print of whatever contract the clubs sign with the league that precludes them from making a challenge like that.

It would have happened by now if it was possible.

Yeah I have thought that myself. But that could change in the future.

Posted a similar thing on RTG. Didn't go down well. :lol:

http://thehpl.net/1450-2/

hypofinal.png

Of course it's daft as who knows what effect chalking off Aguero's offside goal would have had, we could well have gone on to lose that game 2-1 after Sergio felt aggrieved at losing out on that goal.

But the point isn't about reparation or reattribution of points, it's about improving the standard of officiating. The 4th official is by the sidelines, and has the facility to watch the game on the monitors. He can talk to the referee already, by those earpieces that send footballing dinosaurs into a tizz, so why couldn't he say he's got a good view of it and the goal should/shouldn't stand. It needn't be used for throw ins or fouls outside the box, but contentious decisions generally result in play stopping, so where's the harm? Whether the 4th official is certain or not, it would still be down to the ref to make the final decision. The goal-line technology hasn't slowed the game and has a 100% hit rate.

Why do you post over there? Maybe you can let us inside the mind of mackem WUMs like that UKIP guy, ILDC, Essembee and CT.

Busier than here.

You can get a conversation going if you ignore the bantertastic MLFs who come up with witticisms like "Poo Poo black and white army".

Aye but surely you could go to any other team's forum and have a more meaningful conversation with much less bile.

You could also come back here with more quizzes and stuff :thumbsup:

Aye but surely you could go to any other team's forum and have a more meaningful conversation with much less bile.

You could also come back here with more quizzes and stuff :thumbsup:

They're making a massive deal out of us calling Wijnaldum 'Gini' despite his nickname before coming to Newcastle being Gini

Why the fuck would that ever be a big deal? What difference does it make what he gets called, for what it's worth I've never called him Gini I tend to call him Winny or Wijnaldum. They're fucking mental man.

Why the fuck would that ever be a big deal? What difference does it make what he gets called, for what it's worth I've never called him Gini I tend to call him Winny or Wijnaldum. They're fucking mental man.

Gini is his name, he refers to himself as Gini/Gino. Mackems are weird as fuck man, make a bid deal out of nowt