England Vs Australia and Portugal (not simultaneously)

gpirlo68

Forster

Clyne smalling. Stones. Bertrand

Drinkwater

Henderson. Wilshere

Lallana. Rashford. Sterling

Subs: Heaton, Walker, Milner, Dier, Townsend, Kane, Rooney, Ali, Rose, Barkley, Hart

Howay England!

I turned out for it, surrounded by stinking mackems. Anyway the England squad is out in 40 minutes. It's widely reported Townsend is being left out. Fucking disgrace, his form is as good as anyone in the league over the last month.

The form Sterling has been in makes him a waste of a shirt imo. I'm not getting caught up in the Townsend hype but I think he's more worthy of a shirt. But given the limited amount of time he was given in the friendlies it seems extremely unlikely he will go.

As I said in the other thread the squad has no width at all, it's all fine and well if he plays a narrow formation (like the diamond he played at some point v Australia) but he wont. Sterling is the only proper winger in the squad, I know Milner, Lallana and some of the strikers can be put there but it's just baffling that he couldn't have taken another winger in a squad where he has taken 5 strikers.

Milner and Lallana also lack pace.

You'd get more movement off Paul Wyn.

The fact is the best toon side of this millennium became so good, because no other team was as fast as we were, Dyer, Robert, Bellamy, Jenas our pace was unequalled. Aye have one ball player like a Pirlo, but the best sides of the last 15 years have been pacey as fuck, it's what you need.

Portugal playing a high line with the decrepit pairing of Bruno Alves and Carvalho, surely that's screaming for Vardy through the middle?

In fact that ball that Rooney couldn't get on the end of probably would have resulted in a chance for Vardy, I'm sure Roy will see all of this and make the necessary tactical adjustments...

Almost seems a pre-requisite that you have to be a complete and utter cunt to play CB for Portugal (Jose Fonte seems ok mind) Pepe, Carvalho and Bruno Alves ffs what a pack of twats.

Utterly grim 1st half that, everyone basically trying to avoid injury.

What on earth was that corner from Kane? :lol:

Tactical mastermind Roy in full swing, one of the taller sides in international football and he's trying to have them keep the ball on the deck like our lot are like Spain.

I'm so glad Milner and Rooney have been shoehorned into this line up at the expense of players being in their natural positions, they've really contributed.