Euro 2016 - They're even letting Wales and Northern Ireland have a Go!

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same Danny Baker that was Gazza's drinking buddy?

You also came to prominence in the Nineties during the TFI Friday days, especially with your binges with Gazza and Chris Evans. Whats the best story you cant remember?

I can remember all of it. Three- or four-day benders didnt exist. I had two kids at the time. Gaz used to come round and stay indoors. No one wants to hear that and its not me winding my neck in, God knows theres enough in the book but nobody can drink all day and all night. Oliver Reed maybe. But there was no Three Muscabeers, as The Sun put it. Poor Gazza, he took it seriously. He had more to lose. Gazza couldnt drink anyway he always used to pour his drinks away.

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/danny-baker

When I saw Hodgson was starting Sterling AGAIN, coupled with Sturridge & Kane, I figured he had to be in the first stages of dementia. Nobody in their right mind would have started 3 players who had already shown poor performances in previous games.

Hodgson resigned after the defeat to Iceland but I think he did it to beat the sacking which was undoubtedly on the horizon. Wasn't waiting for 'mutual agreements' or any of that shit.

He played the last two games like friendlies. Resting players against Slovakia then after not learning his lesson, using Iceland to try and give confidence to out of form players. The big fucking owl-looking tit

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

Do you take what The Sun writes at face value?

I don't read the Sun or any other English paper for that matter. I was going off what I recalled at the time when I lived in the UK, which was that Baker was a regular drinking buddy of Gazza's at the time. If hes now claiming that wasn't the case that was the impression he gave to the media.

I don't read the Sun or any other English paper for that matter. I was going off what I recalled at the time when I lived in the UK, which was that Baker was a regular drinking buddy of Gazza's at the time. If hes now claiming that wasn't the case that was the impression he gave to the media.

There's one photo of them drinking. Chris Evans liked to give the impression of being a big drinker at that time. Not Baker.

The "two exits from Europe in a week" craic is gonna be sensational. Glad I'm not on Facebook to see everyone thinking that they've come up with original material.

England humiliated in Europe for the second time in the space of a few days.

I'm like Cath, I watched it, but honestly didn't care and while there wasn't a 7yr old to bounce tactical ideas off, it was pretty clear where the problems are.

Saying that, a few players need to take individual responsibility for England's exit;

Hart,

Kane,

Sterling,

Strurridge

All had terrible tournaments.

I found myself almost pleased by the end. You can't even blame technical deficiencies on this one (although that's still a long-standing issue). It was a total inability to handle the pressure

Caught last nights highlights earlier, those are two of the worst goals I've seen a professional team give away at any level, in a way the long throw was worse than Harts balls up. Loved the iceys(?) celebration with their supporters at the end, the sound was down on the TV so it just looked like some sort of Viking tribute to "radio gaga " :D (ask you dad kids)

blame lies entirely with the manager. we had a pool of promising attacking players, for once. what does he do? picks half fit players, picks only one player from the champions then leaves him on the bench most of the tournament, continues to play players who are out of form or unfit (kane/sterling/wilshere) and out of position - sturridge out wide ffs. and don't get me started on kane's set pieces.

but fuck me, have you seen who is in the running to take over?

Cl_iY3JWMAA-5Kl.jpg

That is a piss poor shortlist. And Shearer throwing his hat in as well. Christ, it doesn't look good.

Ian Wright was bordering on being racist last night when ruled out Wenger because he wasn't English. Having said that Wenger would probably get roasted in the press.

Edited by Holden McGroin

I really hope it's Pardew. If the cunt is appointed, his ego could be commandeered as a drill tip and used to mine the Earth's core for interstellar fuel sources.

I hope it's Pardew. I'd love to see that cunt embarrassed on a global stage.

Ian Wright is a dick for ruling out Wenger, but the truth is we can't have a foreign manager because the press can't help but be total cunts about it. Wenger would do a brilliant job btw.

I fucking hate Ian Wright. He's thick as fuck and thinks "I'm gattid. I'm just totally gattid for the lads and for the country. " is acceptable post match punditry. Cunt.