Euro 2016 - They're even letting Wales and Northern Ireland have a Go!

No idea why foreign managers are automatically deemed to be outsiders for the job. It's not like foreign managers have done any worse than English managers in recent times. One look at that list of candidates is the best possible argument anyone could make for a foreign manager being given a go again.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belgian commentator quotes from last night. [emoji38]

'Roy Hodgson is watching this game like a cow watching a train pass by. He has no idea what is happening.'

'Roy learned 40 years ago in a course that you do your first substitution during halftime, and then your second one after 60 minutes.'

I hope it's Pardew. I'd love to see that cunt embarrassed on a global stage.

Ian Wright is a dick for ruling out Wenger, but the truth is we can't have a foreign manager because the press can't help but be total cunts about it. Wenger would do a brilliant job btw.

I fucking hate Ian Wright. He's thick as fuck and thinks "I'm gattid. I'm just totally gattid for the lads and for the country. " is acceptable post match punditry. Cunt.

I agree that Wenger would do a great job. He's a great manager. I think he's too smart to accept it though. It's a poison chalice at the best of times, but at the moment (with the lack of talent in the playing ranks) it would be insanity on his part to take the job. Pardew on the other hand. There's a stooge if ever there was.

No idea why foreign managers are automatically deemed to be outsiders for the job. It's not like foreign managers have done any worse than English managers in recent times. One look at that list of candidates is the best possible argument anyone could make for a foreign manager being given a go again.

The best British choice would be Fergie, not that he'd be interested. I cant think of an Englishman who could do the job well.

I agree that Wenger would do a great job. He's a great manager. I think he's too smart to accept it though. It's a poison chalice at the best of times, but at the moment (with the lack of talent in the playing ranks) it would be insanity on his part to take the job. Pardew on the other hand. There's a stooge if ever there was.

If Pardew got the job I think we should go all in for Paul Merson as assistant manager

If Pardew got the job I think we should go all in for Paul Merson as assistant manager

:lol:

Schteve has shown he still has his face to grindstone when it comes to understanding English football. So he shouldn't be ruled out either.

@@Gemmill Agreed. There was a time when I think Wenger would have seriously considered taking the job. There was a time when any manager in the world would have considered taking the job. I don't think that is the case at the moment. Far from it.

I'd like to see Allardyce get the job; simultaneously fucking his reputation with the old guard and fucking Sunderland's 16/17 season

The best British choice would be Fergie, not that he'd be interested. I cant think of an Englishman who could do the job well.

Aren't two thirds of fleet streets finest sports hacks looking deep into their hard drives to retrieve their quarterly "REDKNAPP FOR ENGLAND" pieces?

In a utterly piss poor field, he'd bet he best candidate by a country mile. That's not saying much mind....

Can't see Redknapp being allowed to get the job. I agree he's the best qualified manager if we're talking Englishmen though. That said, I think he's lost his enthusiasm

Redknapp talking absolute nonsense as per usual.

But Redknapp said Southgate was only seen as a favourite for the job because he had won a "second-rate tournament" with England's Under-21s in Toulon.

"Why should he get it in front of Steve Bruce and Sam Allardyce, who are proven managers?" asked the former QPR boss.
"I like Gareth Southgate, he's a great lad, but what's he done?"
Redknapp also suggested former Tottenham and Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood as a possible option.
"He's got passion, enthusiasm, I'll come and work with him all day," said the 69-year-old. "He's young, enthusiastic, knows the game."

SSNHQ has been told that senior England players:

• Were surprised by the use of a 4-3-3 formation, which had barely been implemented in any of England's friendly matches in 2016.
  • Questioned the selection of Raheem Sterling for the Iceland game, after he showed signs of lacking confidence throughout the tournament.
  • Felt momentum had been lost by making six changes for the Slovakia game, which they drew 0-0.
  • Wondered why Adam Lallana did not start against Iceland after his impressive performances during the group stages.
  • Debated among themselves the merits of playing Wayne Rooney in midfield, for the first time in his England career.
  • Were left frustrated that Marcus Rashford was left to warm up for approximately 10 minutes before he was sent on for the final four minutes of the Iceland game with England in desperate need of a goal.
  • Felt his pre-prepared statement at the post-Iceland press conference was an indication he may have doubted the team's chances before the game.