Fish's predictions

The Fish

Got bored;

• Aston Villa – New financial backers could change the game, but their squad is in more disarray than ours but Di Matteo is a decent manager. Biggest threat to us I think, but aside from a drastic change I still think we should take at least 3pts from them.

• Barnsley – Newly promoted from League 1 after getting by Millwall. Ok-ish attack, rubbish defence. My favourite to finish bottom. Aim will surely be to survive. 6pt.

• Birmingham City – Decent manager in Gary Rowett but finished midtable and don’t have a great deal of money at all. Pretty poor at home. 4pts.

• Blackburn Rovers – Finished 15th, owned by mentals who’ve just appointed Owen Coyle (remember him?), decent defence. 4pts

• Brentford – Finished 9th! Who knew? Good attacking midfield, but poor defensively. Decent on the road. Might be tricky. 4pts

• Brighton & Hove Albion – Lovely Lovey Chris Hughton. Really strong team, well drilled, solid defensively conceding less than a goal a game (Lg average is 1.21pG). 2pts

• Bristol City – Play an expansive game, but leave themselves open. Good striker in Kodjia (19 goals) but not much quality aside from him and may be in big trouble if/when he leaves. 6pts

• Burton Albion – Another newly promoted side. All about the hard work and defensive cohesion. No money to strengthen at all. 6pts

• Cardiff City – Close to promotion 15/16. Always combative, always difficult to beat, like the counter attack but don’t travel well. 3pts

• Derby County – Another team that came close to promotion. A very solid Championship outfit. Keep the ball well and play some good stuff. 2pts

• Fulham – If this were any other club I’d say 6pts. They’re awful up front without McCormack (he scored 21 of their 66), and he’s likely to leave in the summer. They’re terrible at the back too (79 GA) “Fulham conceded at least one goal in 87% of their home games. Fulham conceded at least one goal in 96% of their away games. Fulham conceded at least one goal in each of their last 17 away games.”. But it’s Fulham and we always mess up at the Cottage 3pts

• Huddersfield Town – Had a much worse 15/16 than I thought, finishing 19th. Scored a few, but conceded loads (70GA). Decent Striker in Nakhi Wells, but like McCormack of Fulham, he might be off in the summer too. 4pts

• Ipswich Town – the quintessential Championship club. Always threatening to get promoted but never following through on that threat. Give the ball up a lot, Benitez’s Newcastle unlikely to give it back. 4pts

• Leeds United – Finished midtable but only kept a Clean Sheet in 17% of their games, only Fulham have a worse record in that regard. Oh and here’s a shock, Whoscored.com says they’re aggressive. 94 (Ninety Four!) yellow cards, 3 straight reds. Out delicate flowers might come a cropper in t’Yorkshuh. 3pts

• Newcastle United – Cham-pee-oh-nays

• Norwich City – Neal staying is good, but they could well lose Redmond, Brady etc. they’ve got to be good bets for the Play Offs at least. 2pts

• Nottingham Forest – As ill-tempered as Leeds it seems. 84 yellows, 2 second yellows, 4 reds! Dorty Midlands bastards. Another Counter Attack side that doesn’t travel well. 3pts

• Preston North End – Boring. Scored 45, conceded 45, finished 11th, spread the goals around, Long balls. BORING. 4pts

• Queens Park Rangers – A better shade of beige than Preston, but still dull as fuck. 54 scored, 54 conceded, finished 12th. Got some decent individuals, but still not a team. 4pts.

• Reading – A streaky side. Twice went on a 4 game losing streak and once a 4 game winning streak. 62% of the goals they concede come in the 2nd half, seem to concede just after half time (15/59 goals conceded in 46-60 min). 4pts

• Rotherham United – Warnock pulled off one of the greatest turn-arounds I’ve ever seen. Took over from Redfearn (21G W5 D2 L14) and rescued them from relegation, moving from six points adrift in the relegation places to nine points clear with five games to go (16G W6 D6 L4 ). He didn’t take a contract extension and they appointed Alan Stubbs. They're Doomed 6pts.

• Sheffield Wednesday – Glad they didn’t get promoted because Hull are the better side. Defence is prone to silly mistakes. Owner isn’t shy of spending, but I think last season was their best chance of promotion. 2pts

• Wigan Athletic – There aren't enough swear words. 6pts.

• Wolverhampton Wanderers – Kenny Jackett is a decent manager and I think they’ll do better this year than last. That said they draw a lot of games; 30.4% of their home games ended 0-0. Lost their talismanic striker to Bournemouth, Be interesting to see the replacement. 3pts.

Looks too cocky, right? Well that would return us a Total of 92pts, in 09/10 we were promoted with 102pts

tl;dr - WAH GONNA WIN THA LEEG :nufc::MITRO:

I know very little about the league. From what little I watched, I wasn't impressed with the standard. Mind you I watched us all season and for the most part I wasn't impressed with our standard either. Still think that if our attitude is right, with Rafa, we should piss this. You'd assume the relegated teams should be the strongest but I think Villa have a hell of a lot of work to do so it will depend on that. I think Norwich will be definitely be strong. Beyond that it's anyones guess.

Good post!

Regards to the Birmingham City point though they are having an ownership takeover so they should have money to spend

Lad who sits next to me at work is a Birmingham fan, and the new owners are meant to be promising them £10m to spend. Which may as well be £zero.

My thoughts are that we will piss it. We will probably start the season with a better squad than we did the last time and to say we absolutely pissed it is an understatement. No club with our support and finance has been outside the top flight since Man Utd in 1973. If we come second I'd find it embarrassing.

As for the rest of the division, they come to St James' completely awe struck which was evident last time when in 23 home games we lost NONE. The only clubs I've got any feeling for are: Villa, Leeds and Nottingham Forest. I deeply deeply hate Villa. Awful area, ugly fans who make bedsheets about us, boring cunts I'd love to see in the third tier as they were once before. Leeds, most overrated support in Europe. Immediate catchment area of 1m yet half their gates are below 20,000. Nottingham Forest because of the miners strike, and they feel that they're in the same bracket as Real Madrid, Ajax and Liverpool for having 2 European Cups, one of the beating mighty MALMO in the final.

Table will end up like this

1 Newcastle - more than the 102 points we got last time.

2 Norwich

3 Derby

4 Brighton

5 QPR

6 Sheff Wed

12 Aston Villa

18 Leeds

The rest who the fuck cares

Lad who sits next to me at work is a Birmingham fan, and the new owners are meant to be promising them £10m to spend. Which may as well be £zero.

Jesus :lol: I saw on twitter some brummie city fans saying they were spending big

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-takeover-latest-hk-11436535

Looks like your workmate is right

My thoughts are that we will piss it. We will probably start the season with a better squad than we did the last time and to say we absolutely pissed it is an understatement. No club with our support and finance has been outside the top flight since Man Utd in 1973. If we come second I'd find it embarrassing.

As for the rest of the division, they come to St James' completely awe struck which was evident last time when in 23 home games we lost NONE. The only clubs I've got any feeling for are: Villa, Leeds and Nottingham Forest. I deeply deeply hate Villa. Awful area, ugly fans who make bedsheets about us, boring cunts I'd love to see in the third tier as they were once before. Leeds, most overrated support in Europe. Immediate catchment area of 1m yet half their gates are below 20,000. Nottingham Forest because of the miners strike, and they feel that they're in the same bracket as Real Madrid, Ajax and Liverpool for having 2 European Cups, one of the beating mighty MALMO in the final.

Table will end up like this

1 Newcastle - more than the 102 points we got last time.

2 Norwich

3 Derby

4 Brighton

5 QPR

6 Sheff Wed

12 Aston Villa

18 Leeds

The rest who the fuck cares

:lol: Hope this our attitude tbh. "Who we got this week? Who?"

I've been to quite a few championship games over the last few years, the "best" teams in the league aren't great but they are organised and hardworking.

If we manage to get a decent squad together we should win the league with the extra quality we have. Its miles more physical than the prem mind, and the refereeing is even worse.

I think if the players think they'll piss it and turn up with the same attitude as last season, then we'll end up with nothing like 92 points. The biggest thing imo is the players attitude so any shirkers like Sissoko need to be shipped out and pronto. Squidward and Marveux were a good start but theres plenty more gutless fuckers who need binning before next season.

Edited by Kitman

• 8 months later...

Got bored;

• Aston Villa – New financial backers could change the game, but their squad is in more disarray than ours but Di Matteo is a decent manager. Biggest threat to us I think, but aside from a drastic change I still think we should take at least 3pts from them.

• Barnsley – Newly promoted from League 1 after getting by Millwall. Ok-ish attack, rubbish defence. My favourite to finish bottom. Aim will surely be to survive. 6pt.

• Birmingham City – Decent manager in Gary Rowett but finished midtable and don’t have a great deal of money at all. Pretty poor at home. 4pts.

• Blackburn Rovers – Finished 15th, owned by mentals who’ve just appointed Owen Coyle (remember him?), decent defence. 4pts

• Brentford – Finished 9th! Who knew? Good attacking midfield, but poor defensively. Decent on the road. Might be tricky. 4pts

• Brighton & Hove Albion – Lovely Lovey Chris Hughton. Really strong team, well drilled, solid defensively conceding less than a goal a game (Lg average is 1.21pG).  2pts

• Bristol City – Play an expansive game, but leave themselves open. Good striker in Kodjia (19 goals) but not much quality aside from him and may be in big trouble if/when he leaves. 6pts

• Burton Albion – Another newly promoted side. All about the hard work and defensive cohesion. No money to strengthen at all.  6pts

• Cardiff City – Close to promotion 15/16. Always combative, always difficult to beat, like the counter attack but don’t travel well. 3pts

• Derby County – Another team that came close to promotion. A very solid Championship outfit. Keep the ball well and play some good stuff. 2pts

• Fulham – If this were any other club I’d say 6pts. They’re awful up front without McCormack (he scored 21 of their 66), and he’s likely to leave in the summer. They’re terrible at the back too (79 GA) “Fulham conceded at least one goal in 87% of their home games. Fulham conceded at least one goal in 96% of their away games. Fulham conceded at least one goal in each of their last 17 away games.”. But it’s Fulham and we always mess up at the Cottage 3pts

• Huddersfield Town – Had a much worse 15/16 than I thought, finishing 19th. Scored a few, but conceded loads (70GA). Decent Striker in Nakhi Wells, but like McCormack of Fulham, he might be off in the summer too. 4pts

• Ipswich Town – the quintessential Championship club. Always threatening to get promoted but never following through on that threat. Give the ball up a lot, Benitez’s Newcastle unlikely to give it back. 4pts

• Leeds United – Finished midtable but only kept a Clean Sheet in 17% of their games, only Fulham have a worse record in that regard. Oh and here’s a shock, Whoscored.com says they’re aggressive. 94 (Ninety Four!) yellow cards, 3 straight reds. Out delicate flowers might come a cropper in t’Yorkshuh. 3pts

• Newcastle United – Cham-pee-oh-nays

• Norwich City – Neal staying is good, but they could well lose Redmond, Brady etc. they’ve got to be good bets for the Play Offs at least. 2pts

• Nottingham Forest – As ill-tempered as Leeds it seems. 84 yellows, 2 second yellows, 4 reds! Dorty Midlands bastards. Another Counter Attack side that doesn’t travel well. 3pts

• Preston North End – Boring. Scored 45, conceded 45, finished 11th, spread the goals around, Long balls. BORING. 4pts

• Queens Park Rangers – A better shade of beige than Preston, but still dull as fuck. 54 scored, 54 conceded, finished 12th. Got some decent individuals, but still not a team. 4pts.

• Reading – A streaky side. Twice went on a 4 game losing streak and once a 4 game winning streak. 62% of the goals they concede come in the 2nd half, seem to concede just after half time (15/59 goals conceded in 46-60 min). 4pts

• Rotherham United – Warnock pulled off one of the greatest turn-arounds I’ve ever seen. Took over from Redfearn (21G W5 D2 L14) and rescued them from relegation, moving from six points adrift in the relegation places to nine points clear with five games to go (16G W6 D6 L4 ). He didn’t take a contract extension and they appointed Alan Stubbs. They're Doomed 6pts.

• Sheffield Wednesday – Glad they didn’t get promoted because Hull are the better side. Defence is prone to silly mistakes. Owner isn’t shy of spending, but I think last season was their best chance of promotion. 2pts

• Wigan Athletic – There aren't enough swear words. 6pts.

• Wolverhampton Wanderers – Kenny Jackett is a decent manager and I think they’ll do better this year than last. That said they draw a lot of games; 30.4% of their home games ended 0-0. Lost their talismanic striker to Bournemouth, Be interesting to see the replacement. 3pts.

Looks too cocky, right? Well that would return us a Total of 92pts, in 09/10 we were promoted with 102pts

tl;dr - WAH GONNA WIN THA LEEG :nufc::MITRO:

8)