Leeds Leeds Leeds

The Fish

Right, questions for our Northern brethren go here

Start with the usual;

What's a realistic aim for your team this season?

Where do your team need to strengthen to achieve this?

Which of your players do you predict having a big season?

Which of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season?

Which fixtures do you immediately look for?

Which away game are you looking forward to the most/least?

What's your most memorable game against NUFC?

Which Newcastle players would you like to see in your side?

Where do you expect Newcastle to finish this season?

Plenty of scope with Leeds; fall from grace, mental manager, some decent young players, "big club" debate, etc. So have at it!

What's a realistic aim for your team this season?

Fust place, nowt else good enough for t'1992 English Champions

When t'Ridsdale were 'ere we'd av signed Messi no't bother, but these days we eat all, sup all and t'pay fuck all.

Greatest fans in t'country will win t'league for 'em. 22,000 average gate, gonna be 24 this t'season. Best t'supporters int world.

If they do let t'Leeds fans down they'll get t'kicked to fuck all over t'Batleh, t'Pudseh and t'Headingleh

Really look for t'fixture much, was 'opin for those cockneh twats Millwall but they lost t'Baaaarnsleh int play off, we owe 'em wun.

We're t'Leeds Younaiiited, other t'clubs look forward to playin us, more than t'other t'way round

I only realleh remember big games, so t'no Noocassle game come t'mind

Malcolm McDonald were t'last player up there I remember, good few t'years ago

'oo?

Edited by McFaul

How about (to the Dambusters theme): Leeds, Leeds, Leeds, Leeds, Leeds, Leeds, Leeds, Leeds, Leeds, Leeds, Leeds, Leeds, Leeds, Leeds, Leeds, Leeds, who the fuck are Leeds? And who the fuck are Leeds?

:lol:

Does anybody know anything about Cellino beyond him being a bad owner?

Is he as contemptible outside of club ownership as Ashley is?

What facets of our club would you like their opinions on? I mean, I'll ask about the comparison between Cellino and Ashley obviously, but do you care what they think about our relationship with Pardew?

basically if I go in with those fairly mundane usual questions or with blatantly antagonistic questions, it'll be boring as fuck for me to do and for you to read. :lol:

:lol:

Does anybody know anything about Cellino beyond him being a bad owner?

Is he as contemptible outside of club ownership as Ashley is?

What facets of our club would you like their opinions on? I mean, I'll ask about the comparison between Cellino and Ashley obviously, but do you care what they think about our relationship with Pardew?

basically if I go in with those fairly mundane usual questions or with blatantly antagonistic questions, it'll be boring as fuck for me to do and for you to read. :lol:

My understanding of Cellino is that he is essentially a mad man.

Numerous convictions for fraud in the past, 36 managers in 22 years as Cagliari owner.

Fit and proper person.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished putting the answers together. Thanks to everyone who took the time to give answers on Marching on Together and Waccoe

Got a much friendlier welcome than I was expecting to be honest, I mean sure there were a few calling me a cunt, but.. what's new?

They, on the whole, seemed quite realistic about their current status and near future under Cellino, but there was a definite split between the two forums. Waccoe much more negative about the owner, Marching on Together seemed to take a longer-term view.

There's a wee treat for those who enjoy being wound up at the bottom too.

Has Cellino really changed your fortunes?

DubPhil1 - He's mental, he's fleecing us and it will be the same until he fucks off.

Russell Doig - More of the same. Sells our best players. Doesn't use that money to invest to the same level. Runs the club appallingly badly, makes knee jerk decisions that frequently see us in court and changing managers every few months.

Notfamousanymore - Better than Bates but mad and flaky, so certainly hasn't meant 'progress'

John in Louisiana - The big improvements have been to the balance sheet. He's cleaned up much of the financial mess left by previous owners. So I think he's enabled future success, we just haven't seen any of it yet. Definitely not more of the same; there is nobody like MC. Whether that's good or bad remains to be seen.

Faaip - He's changing our fortunes whilst himself learning on the job. Southern Italian so prone to high emotion but equally high passion. I don't think Yorkshiremen understand that. Been a steep learning curve from him but the best chairman/owner for what nearly 20 years, Eccentric yes but that's not a bad thing. Heading in the right direction which after years of abuse is good

What's a realistic aim for Leeds Utd this season?

Westhullwhite - Playoffs. Most likely mid table though.

Gessa - To me the play offs are the best we can hope for.

Madasabox - I hope we can get play offs this is as enthusiastic I have felt for many years.

Gary Shaw - Difficult to answer atm, however, with the squad we have at the moment and the squads the other teams have I would say around 8th-9th (this may change).

Manc_White - Between 9th and 15th

Crude - Couple of hard-as-nails central defenders, more consistent scoring, and the youngsters to step up and lead the midfield.

Notfamousanymore - An experienced midfield and a leader/captain is our single biggest need.

Russell Doig - Everywhere. We especially need leaders and communicators in central areas. A dominant centre back. A dominant central midfielder. A play maker in midfield if we cant get Mowatt back to form. At least one if not two wide players. A replacement for Taylor at left back.

Gary Shaw - I think we can make the top 6 if we sign a top quality centre back, defensive midfielder, winger and another striker.

Faaip - Centre back is a weakness now with the loss of Bellusci, A championship experienced winger wouldn't hurt but we're not far off and I reckon we have some of the best kids in the division

I just saw that you've lost Lewis Cook to Bournemouth for £6m. Is there an even younger player to replace him?

Madasabox - Cook was good but maybe not as good as most thought, he will be a loss but I feel not as big a loss as others feel, no idea on replacements

Manc_White - No, he is/was the best

Notfamousanymore - Hard to say - he didn't progress so much last season, so although he's a loss he's not - in my view - a catastrophic loss.

Leeds have produced quite a few young talents that've been able to make the step up, wouldn't it make sense to keep hold of them to improve your chances of promotion?

Russell Doig - Yes. Dont talk sense. We put our best young players on low wages and short term contracts with stupid buy out clauses. The owner needs to sell them as there is a £10m annual black hole in the accounts to service.

Gessa - We're skint, need to sell a player each season to keep going, Cook this year, probably Taylor next, then unless we unearth a nugget the powder is dry. You and the other 2 that came down have the luxury of the parachute payments, one of the worst parts of football for me, it's never a level playing field but that is a rule too far.

Loop - Why would they stay here ATM

DubPhil1 - Yep but we've been run by crooks and are a selling club and we pay shit wages and we're going nowhere so why stay? And we need the money for managers' compo payments for the season and the inevitable court-cases for sexual discrimination, unfair dismissal etc

How do you feel about the new Manager?

Yorkshire Jesus - Really happy we have him, but how long will he last?

Balrog - Surprised we got him. Going by Cellino's track record, he'll be gone around October time.

Gary Shaw - Excellent appointment, he did an excellent job at Swansea, if he can get Leeds into the top 8/9 and playing the type of football Swansea played I will be delighted.

Loop - Not convinced but hopeful

1964white - Good as choice available to us, his teams play football in the right way

Gandalf - At least he has some pedigree, time will tell if can work work with Cellino.

Westhullwhite - Charlie Taylor if he stays (best player at the club),Berardi (ran Taylor close for player of the year) And Chris Wood to have a big season.

DubPhil1 - Charlie Taylor - with Middlesbrough

Notfamousanymore - Chris Wood. The Euros should have done Dallas some good. I think Lewie Coyle might be this year's Byram/Cook/Taylor (ie he will win young player of the year, and then get sold!)

Crude - Stuart Dallas, if he can continue from where he left on in the Euros. If we keep Charlie Taylor, expect him to continue to improve. Expect our Swiss warrior, Berardi to come back strong from injury. Excited to see what Marcus Antonnsson can bring to the side.

Faaip - Cook comes of age, I'm hoping Diagouraga takes it up a notch and Taylor to become the best left back in the division.

Gandalf - With the right coaching, Lewis Cook will be top class.

Yorkshire Jesus - Charlie Taylor (It will be disappointing watching him play elsewhere)

Gary Shaw - Last season the majority of our players had disappointing seasons, really not sure who will have a bad season this season as I am hoping that most our players will improve, however, I normally get an idea of how a player will perform after watching a few pre season games.

Manc_White - Green, as he's a liability

Balrog - Luke Murphy. He always has a disappointing season.

1964white - This season - Newcastle (a) Villa (a) Norwich (a) Cardiff (a) Burton (a) Derby (a) Huddersfield (a) Forest (a)

Maximus - The relegation six pointers

Madasabox - this season you lot away, Villa away, Wigan and Blackburn away because of large ticket allocations

Notfamousanymore - It will be good to see Newcastle back at Elland Road, albeit with the game in the wrong division.

Westhullwhite - Sheff Wed away, Newcastle and Villa away.

Madasabox - Least Ipswich/Norwich away never get anything there and I am local, most Newcastle away

Loop - Villa, Norwich

Yorkshire Jesus - Newcastle away the most, Brighton the least. (won't go to Brighton anyway)

Does it piss you off when the media say "United" when they're talking about Manchester United?

Yorkshire Jesus - I lose way too much sleep over it. Why are they United when its a city with 2 teams... not very united to me!

1964white - Don't give a monkey's chuff about them anymore, more annoying when Leeds fans refer to us as 'United' as over the decades the term generally relates to Man U

Gessa - Hate it with a vengeance

Faaip - Yes but not as much as other teams stealing waccoe

Madasabox - Pisses me off more when fellow Leeds fans say it

Ballboy - Home when solano ripped us a new one in the snow

Westhullwhite - One that sticks out is at your place. I can't remember the score though. I was in the home end. We won. Alan Smith scored. Might have been 2-0?

Russell Doig - 5-2. But we went up as fucking champions.

Balrog - When we beat you 2-1 at St James' Park. Yeboah scoring a last minute winner. When you beat us 4-3 at Elland Road and Dyer/Solano destroyed Ian Harte's confidence and top flight career.

1964white - Boxing Day 1970 in front of a near 50k crowd at ER when we beat the Geordies 3-0. Nothing of late as we've suffered far too many defeats, some embarrassing ones too. Enjoyed the pre-season friendly not so many years ago with 5,000+ Leeds fans filling part of the ground up in the sky. We drew 0-0 as Fabian Delph ran the likes of Butt, Smith & Barton (i think) ragged

Yorkshire Jesus - Alan Shearer giving me his signature as a kid then scoring a penalty against us!

What's your opinion of Mike Ashley?

Gary Shaw - Has made a lot of errors, however, last season was not his fault in my opinion (he shouldn't have appointed Steve McClaren), however, he made some very very good signings last season.

Mystic - Revolting creature. The principals of your average Catholic priest with the gut blubber of your average....well Newcastle United fan actually. All evidence seems to point to the fact that he's a monumental bastard and is probably one of the few football club owners i'd like even less than i'd like than the coked up mental patient we're currently taking care of. His shops are shit.

Loop - You don't know how lucky you are

Mav - a fat twat but he at least puts his money where his mouth is.

Francisco Vasquez Garcia - Mike Ashley is a cunt.

Habibabibou - Overpaid useless wankers, none of them

Gary Shaw - In terms of realistic Newcastle players who I think we could sign. I think Karl Darlow, Sammy Ameobi and Adam Armstrong would all be great signings.

Notfamousanymore - Wijnaldum (will he stay?). Probably Shelvey. Matt Ritchie is a good player as well.

Balrog - Gayle, Shelvey, Colback.

DubPhil1 - Probably all of them

Madasabox - I will be honest I don't know who stayed and left but Sissoko or Perez

Faaip - Top 10 possible playoff run but that's based on previous relegatees (not a word) performances

Francisco Vasquez Garcia - All Newcastle fans I know genuinely seem to think it will be a stroll in the St James park and you will go through the season undefeated. For this reason most amongst many, I hope you fail massively and Rafa walks.

Westhullwhite - Anything other than automatic would be a poor season with the players you have available and the money you've spent. I predict 1st.

DubPhil1 Top.

Balrog - 1st

Russell Doig - Above us.

Manc_White - Champions, easily. Will probably break a Championship record somewhere down the line too.

Loop - Top by a mile

Notfamousanymore - I would be very surprised if Newcastle dont make top 6; and I would expect first or second. But it's a slog; and while some of the relegated sides bounce straight back, quite a few don't. Fulham were widely expected to cruise back to the PL and they have been worse than us for two seasons (after some serious spending). Wolves went down rather than up; QPR were solid mid-table after going down with some good players.

Habibabibou - 24th

1964white - Newcastle are obvious favourites however i suspect the majority of the better players to be sold on. Just remember the championship is a tough league to get out of as we have found to our own costs. Derby, Forest, Sheff Wed, Fulham QPR, Blackburn, Birmingham, Ipswich & Wolves have spent many seasons in the 2nd tier of English football some spending a fortune in their quest to reach the dizzy heights of the premiership

Maximus - 3rd

Madasabox - Top 2

Gessa - If they don't finish top, then it will be a massive failure imo

John in Louisiana - At the top. I agree with Gessa; anything less would be an abject failure.

Crude - Relegated to League One

Mav - 2nd, just behind us.

Gary Shaw - Very difficult to say at the moment, If I had to predict right now I would say 1st or 2nd.

Gandalf - Top four.

and from a Waccoe poster going by Sabellaman

Fishboy..relay to your Geordie mates that the reason we consider ourselves a bigger club is due to our relatively successful recent history compared to your own( 3 titles since your last trophy!!) and that when our troubles of the last dozen yrs are over,we fully expect to be back up at the top level competing..n that we have a nationwide not to mention international fan base..there are 4 supporters clubs in Belfast alone...I have only ever met one Belfast born Newcastle fan..these are reasons why we rightly or wrongly think we're the bigger club....Mot. Only a matter of time until proper order is returned but I do wish that lying Italian wanker would kindly fuck off soon.

Enjoy :good:

I can't remember what game it was or what stadium it was but they were all in a kind of cage and looked really scary. :lol: Only chunks of raw flesh lobbed into the pen kept them calm.

The only other time I was that scared is when I used to go to Millwall regularly with a couple of mates. (Late 90's).

Edited by Park Life