Rio Summer Olympics 2016 - Surviving is the Real Medal

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ordered this to accompany me throughout the tournament.

Co7GzbFWgAIGE1J.jpg

The Ball is Round is without a doubt the most comprehensive thing I've read on the history of football so I've got high expectations for this as well.

Is there much interest in this at all?

Not a big fan of watching any sport other than football, although loved playing most sports as a kid it never translated into being a spectator.

Not a big fan of watching any sport other than football, although loved playing most sports as a kid it never translated into being a spectator.

I can watch anything sport-wise, but the Olympics honestly leaves me cold for the most part. I'll watch the 100m final maybe, but I'd choose watching the MLS over 90% of the sports.

I loved the London Olympics, but I think I got caught up in the buzz around the city and I think the marketing was spot on for it.

The Olympics is mint man. Other than the time difference, it being somewhere other than London is no difference. It absolutely wipes the floor with modern football, in particular Euros and World Cups.

It's mint man. Love getting caught up in the most random minority sport that's never usually get a shred of TV time. I was a fencing expert yesterday. Got into the hockey and the synchronised diving too. Good stuff to stare at when hungover

The Olympics is mint man. Other than the time difference, it being somewhere other than London is no difference. It absolutely wipes the floor with modern football, in particular Euros and World Cups.

Aye but You've got to admit, there are a lot of shit events; Horse Mincing? How is that a fucking sport?

Swimmingpool dancing? Trampo-fucking-line?!

It's mint man. Love getting caught up in the most random minority sport that's never usually get a shred of TV time. I was a fencing expert yesterday. Got into the hockey and the synchronised diving too. Good stuff to stare at when hungover

Loved all the business with trying to con the ref in the fencing.

Aye but You've got to admit, there are a lot of shit events; Horse Mincing? How is that a fucking sport?

Swimmingpool dancing? Trampo-fucking-line?!

Aye of course there is. But at the same time, you can get engrossed in the daftest stuff if you give it a chance. Nothing wrong with a bit of variety.

Aye of course there is. But at the same time, you can get engrossed in the daftest stuff if you give it a chance. Nothing wrong with a bit of variety.

:dunno:

I like variety, and I'm not saying you're not allowed to enjoy the modern pentathlon, but there are few events that actually get me bothered.

Mens 20k Walk?

36834759.jpg

I'm not knocking it at all, it's just of no interest to me. I'll tolerate watching the odd bit other sports but the Olympics just doesn't do it. Maybe it's just for people who think saying 'mint' is acceptable?

;)

(I know some of the world cups/euros have been poor but even the poor ones have some redeeming bits in them).