When I Think About You, I Touch Matz Sels

Not his fault we didn't win the game and him getting abuse on Twitter is fucking ridiculous. But he's showing less and less confidence. In the two games Darlow has played this season he's been far more confident and composed. He deserves to be playing imo.

I don't see any upside to people abusing him on twitter, also agree he wasn't the one to blame as despite fucking up for the goal the forwards missed about 20 chances and we had a left back that spent 90 minutes passing to the opposition.

I do agree with DK though, the lad needs dropped. He's never shown many signs of being much use and I doubt he'll ever turn into a PL level keeper so why bother with him. Just play Darlow until Elliot is back and accept that we made an error buying him.

Very disappointed to hear that we've forced him of Twitter. What is that going to do for his confidence exactly?

Fucking muppets, some people.

Aye, that's a fucking disgrace.

I have increasing doubts about him as a player, but FFS that would be bad form even for Sissoko.

Absolutely. A good 10,000 of our regular home crowd are clueless tarts who can't wait to whinge on at our own players, it became markedly more noticeable when the ground got extended. It seems to be getting worse year on year, and clearly there is a sizeable contingent of similarly minded buffoons who manage to make their presence felt online. Undoubtedly the majority are virgins. It's depressing - who's to say Selz won't come good eventually?

I wouldn't write him off at this stage, there must be a reason why he was named best keeper in Belgium for two of the last three seasons.  He's had a bad start which has knocked his confidence and I think confidence is a bigger thing for a keeper than any other player.  I suspect, once he gets his confidence back he will be a totally different player.  But how long do you keep persisting with him until then?  Personally I think it's time to play Darlow.  Apart from anything else, I don't think it's a good thing to basically say a player won't be dropped regardless of how he plays.  We've had enough of that over the past few seasons.  And Darlow last season and in the two cup games has showed that he deserves a chance.