gpirlo68

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

it was iconic, but the last few to wear it haven't exactly been the mae west so perhaps it doesn't carry the same weight of expectation with it that it once did.

Happy enough giving it to Gayle - there's no doubt he'll bag a few. It doesn't matter too much like but it might be best if the media aren't taking about "Newcastle United's, ICONIC, World famous, number 9 head butting someone and getting sent off.

Gayle is a safe bet.

I doubt we'll ever see a player of Shearer's stature at the club again so fail to see your point? Yes we've had some tremendous strikers at the club in the past who have worn the number 9 shirt, but it's 2016 and we are in the Championship. Squad numbers are not top of the list of aspirations.

I doubt we'll ever see a player of Shearer's stature at the club again so fail to see your point? Yes we've had some tremendous strikers at the club in the past who have worn the number 9 shirt, but it's 2016 and we are in the Championship. Squad numbers are not top of the list of aspirations.

I was honestly just being an old romantic, and a gif of Shearer breaking the club's goal scoring record is about as romantic as I could muster.

Chill, Winston.