gpirlo68

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunate that he is out injured but CONGRATS to the lad for being honoured with his inclusion into the "Football Manager Team of the Season."

Anthony Knockaert (Brighton) [Named POTY]

Chris Wood (Leeds)

Dwight Gayle :nufc:

David Stockdale (Brighton)

Conor McLaughlin (Fleetwood)

Pontus Jansson (Leeds)

Sonny Bradley (Plymouth)

Enda Stevens (Portsmouth)

Aaron Mooy (Huddersfield)

Josh Morris (Scunthorpe)

Billy Sharp (Sheffield United)

He hasn't looked the same player since he got injured against Brentford. Hoping he can get back up to speed for next season, but I'd have doubts he'd be able to lead the line as our first choice striker with this injury record.

Newcastle United can confirm that Dwight Gayle sustained a hamstring strain in his right leg during United's 2-1 defeat against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.

Dwight is currently undergoing tests to determine the severity of his injury so it is not yet known how long the player may be out injured.

:(

We're going to need someone up front next season for sure. We probably would've anyway since he's never scored big in the PL but now that hes added a recurring hamstring injury to that it would cause us big issues next time out.

We're going to need someone up front next season for sure. We probably would've anyway since he's never scored big in the PL but now that hes added a recurring hamstring injury to that it would cause us big issues next time out.

SholaAmeobi21.jpg

Some interesting stats before the game yesterday.

I am sure they said we have won more games without Gayle this season.  They also showed the strikers who could replace him and the stats showed Mitro was the better choice.  He had better stats for passing, chances created, shots etc.

I know you can make stats show what you want and I know he's played less minutes than the rest but yesterday I thought Mitro's team play alround was very good.  He worked hard holding the ball up and given the fact Leeds two CB basically knocked fuck out of him he kept composed.  At one point I thought he was gonna lose it but he did well.  He was very aware too about holding it up and running it into the corner.  Well worth the start I thought on that.

There's no question Mitro offers more overall. I thought he was superb last night. But I think he had one shot all game? I think he and Gayle together could be lethal, but obviously there are other considerations to how that affects the midfield balance.

There's no question Mitro offers more overall. I thought he was superb last night. But I think he had one shot all game? I think he and Gayle together could be lethal, but obviously there are other considerations to how that affects the midfield balance.

The ideal would be if we had a reliable finisher who could play in the hole, running beyond Mitrovic and harassing the defenders from deeper.

Anyone know if that Delle Alli that we were in for is any good?

The commentator threw that out at one point, thought it was odd but it's definitely not right since he at least had the chance they said it for and the one where he lobbed the keeper