Look at it this way, everyone slags off sissoko and Janmaat and Krul etc. But they are the only players other teams actually might want to buy. Other people want to buy them because they are good players. People are annoyed with them because they are obviously our better players but we went down, so it's easier to blame an outlier than to pick up on the massive fucking shortcomings in the rest of the team. Imo.

Or alternatively, not.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not a good defender. He's good going forward and for large parts of the season he was our best attacker and attacking is a big part of a fullbacks job these days. But when you have a defence like the one we've had, his lack of defensive quality probably cost us more than his attacking ability gave us. Of course he wasn't helped by having that gutless cunt Sissoko in front of him.

I'm not desperate for him to leave but I'll not be distraught over it.

Janmaat will be away. This lad was playing for the champions league runners up. He's not going to come to England and drop a division unless he's been told we're expecting him to be our first choice.

I don't think Janmaat going is a reason to be happy but im happy with the pedigree of replacement, and I'm happy this guy appears to be a leader which I feel we've had too little of on the pitch, probably since the likes of Nolan and Butt.

I know basically nowt about this lad tbh, hopefully he can defend which is something Janmaat was pretty poor at. Janmaat is talented going forward but is another one that is frustrating because he stopped bothering, he would suit a stronger team that doesn't have to defend as much as we did in the PL.

I can't remember ever seeing him play but the reports are he's a better defender than Janmaat but not as good going forward, although I read somewhere that Simione sometimes used him right midfield so I guess he's not a mug. He's never scored a league goal though apparently.

He played over 250 games for Malaga including while they were doing well up the top end of the league and he was their captain before he went to Athletico.