It seems a stretch that it's just been conjured out of thin air, though maybe that's what they depend on.

Much more likely she's seen the opportunity for attention/exposure and it has a ring of truth to it.

• 1 year later...

Good article on Hayden in today’s Times, unfortunately paywalled.

There were health issues surrounding the birth of his daughter, her health and his partner’s health that led to his wanting to move. All perfectly understandable. He really wants to spend significant time with his daughter that he feels unable to do as his partner and her have to live away for family support while he’s up here. 

The feeling I got from the article is that he still wants to go but is happy at the club until he can get away.

38 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That’s fair enough, part of the price of being a professional footballer unfortunately.

You can’t fault his attitude since tbf.

He's performed well in recent games after being pretty non-existent earlier in the season, reading the backstory puts it into perspective why to be fair. It did seem strange as his attitude before that has always been spot on. Family first and all that.

• Like 1

Seems like a good lad. Solid if unspectacular squad player. We’ve had way worse. I’d keep him if he sorts out his family difficulties are resolved. If not you can’t blame him for leaving and would wish him the best. 

• Like 1

Aye, his performance, if you can call it that, at Cardiff away was a disgrace but he's clearly sorted his head out and is willing to put the work in before he leaves. Probably his agent telling him that a string of good performances here will help him jump to a Premier League side but still.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

He's been mixed of late, with more bad than good, but given his age and track record he could do ok as a fringe player alongside better teammates in midfield. His injury would be why he didn't make the squad.

This could also be why we sell him in the summer too, as he would easily find a spot in a newly promoted side or similar.

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

By far our worst player in recent times but clearly no longer has a future at the club now we have ambitious owners

I feel like youve mistyped here

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

By far our worst player in recent times but clearly no longer has a future at the club now we have ambitious owners

Ciaran Clark and Jamaal Lascelles liked this post

• Haha 5

Thought Hayden had a half decent season the year we came up but he’s never really

improved much past those initial 2 years. Had that bizarre period where him and Sean Longstaff both had purple patches and they played Man City off the pitch but otherwise, he’s the dictionary definition of Championship utility man. I could definitely see him bouncing around promotion challenging sides, doing a job in midfield or full back.

• Like 2

Once upon a time he actually had a smidge of threat in attack and some pretty good timing in midfield challenges breaking up play. Let's see next season if Howe thinks he can get that back out of him.

Aye he’s gone tbh. The same that Lewis is gone. I can’t get my head around the melt down from a good amount of our fans on Lewis missing out btw, did I miss him not being a shite player for 2 year? He’s also 25, in comparison Targett who just joined is a year older. Ritchie got in because he’s more versatile and is clearly a bit more of an influence in the dressing room, either way it was a squad place that went to the third choice left back tbh. The fans saying “he can go to Turkey on loan and come back stronger” :lol:

Hayden is the type of CM I really have never liked. Just sideways passing, shuttling types that don’t really ever do anything with the ball. Not his fault mind, he was decent in the Championship in that role and then he was never moved on. 

Admittedly I’m fairly harsh on our squad as I’m sick of the fucking sight of most of them, most of them were workmanlike with very little talent and through lack of competition and the low standards at the club they’ve all become lazy as fuck. I’m really happy at the prospect of not watching Hayden again, really looking forward to Longstaff and Shelvey being fucked off as well. Watching the video of Bruno arriving in the locker room to Clark not raising his eyes from his phone and Longstaff doing likewise with his feet, they can fuck right off. Not that I’m saying they should all be mobbing him but fucking hell man stand up and greet the bloke you pack of fucking LOSERS. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, OTF said:

Once upon a time he actually had a smidge of threat in attack and some pretty good timing in midfield challenges breaking up play. Let's see next season if Howe thinks he can get that back out of him.

In the last couple of seasons it’s looked like he was told to sit back and protect the back 4.Previous to that he was getting forward  

a lot more.It couldn’t have been much fun having Longy as your sidekick regarding protecting our defence.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...