LFC Fan In Peace (again)

KRISHALDO

Hi all,

As the title states, I'm a Liverpool fan.

And as a 'proper' Liverpool fan, I love Rafa.

If I could, I'd have his children.

The man is the epitome of class. The things he (and his family) have done for Liverpool and Merseyside has been phenomenal, though rarely acknowledged in the media (because they only like people such as 'Onest 'Arry and Fat Sam). I'm not sure how much you care about Hillsborough, but it means a HUGE deal to us. As it does to Rafa and family, who made such an effort to help out the families during the campaign (including donating £96k to the Hillsborough campaign when he was sacked!). This is another good example of how we feel about him:

On a football level, if/when(!!) he gets it right, you will see some breathtaking stuff. He's a pragmatist. He will do what he can do with what he has. Build what he can with the money he has. upgrade as he goes along. But he always tries to put round pegs in round holes, then upgrade the pegs.

Whilst at Liverpool, people accused him of being 'power hungry' and wanting too much control.

All he ever wanted was the various depts to work as well as they should have (hence the appointment of Segura and Borrell from Barca as our youth team manager/coaches).

We were on such an upward trajectory with Rafa in charge, then we got the wrong owners.

If you think Ashley is bad, I'm pretty sure he wasn't trying to take loans out against the value of the players! Rafa was the one fighting in our (the fans) corner, but media and the hierarchy have more power and made him out to be the bad guy, leaving us in the relegation zone, on the verge of administration and Hodge in charge.

Rafa tried to fight it, and eventually lost.

Don't let that happen at Newcastle.

I truly believe that if Rafa was our manager when our (latest) takeover happened, we would have won the league.

Give him time. You have a Champs League, Europa League, La Liga, FA Cup, etc winning manager in your hands. DON'T LET HIM GO!!!

Always liked Newcastle. Even more so with Rafa.

YNWA

I hope he manages to achieve half of what had managed for you with us. Getting out of the championship will do for starters then any kind of trophy win and he'll go down as a legend.

It's hard not to admire everything he's done so far. From the professional and likeable way he conducts himself to the fact he has a plan and strategy, which remarkably, our owner seems to be allowing him to implement.

Oh, we know we've got a Bobby Dazzler.

We've been starved of all but the basics of football for so long, but we know a good manager when we see one. More importantly we know a good man. We never took to Pardew, or Kinnear or Wise etc. but Chris Hughton was taken to our hearts because he worked under ridiculous pressure and did so with grace and dignity, yet when that same pressure fell on Pardew's shoulders he blamed the media, the fans, the players and of course, his old nemesis, Science.

I think it's fair to say that Benitez is the best manager (ability wise) that we've had since Robson. That that ability comes with a track record of engaging with the community, "understanding" football clubs and dignity, well... that's all the better.

Appreciate the well wishes but make no mistake, we know we're very lucky to have Rafa at the helm as he's amongst the few that can steer a once proud club back on course.

Edited by The Fish

Hi all,

As the title states, I'm a Liverpool fan.

And as a 'proper' Liverpool fan, I love Rafa.

If I could, I'd have his children.

The man is the epitome of class. The things he (and his family) have done for Liverpool and Merseyside has been phenomenal, though rarely acknowledged in the media (because they only like people such as 'Onest 'Arry and Fat Sam). I'm not sure how much you care about Hillsborough, but it means a HUGE deal to us. As it does to Rafa and family, who made such an effort to help out the families during the campaign (including donating £96k to the Hillsborough campaign when he was sacked!). This is another good example of how we feel about him:

On a football level, if/when(!!) he gets it right, you will see some breathtaking stuff. He's a pragmatist. He will do what he can do with what he has. Build what he can with the money he has. upgrade as he goes along. But he always tries to put round pegs in round holes, then upgrade the pegs.

Whilst at Liverpool, people accused him of being 'power hungry' and wanting too much control.

All he ever wanted was the various depts to work as well as they should have (hence the appointment of Segura and Borrell from Barca as our youth team manager/coaches).

We were on such an upward trajectory with Rafa in charge, then we got the wrong owners.

If you think Ashley is bad, I'm pretty sure he wasn't trying to take loans out against the value of the players! Rafa was the one fighting in our (the fans) corner, but media and the hierarchy have more power and made him out to be the bad guy, leaving us in the relegation zone, on the verge of administration and Hodge in charge.

Rafa tried to fight it, and eventually lost.

Don't let that happen at Newcastle.

I truly believe that if Rafa was our manager when our (latest) takeover happened, we would have won the league.

Give him time. You have a Champs League, Europa League, La Liga, FA Cup, etc winning manager in your hands. DON'T LET HIM GO!!!

Always liked Newcastle. Even more so with Rafa.

YNWA

Cheers, mate.

Some good patter there and nice to have rival fans not spouting the usual stuff about us being deluded and all that.

Also, if Hillsborough doesn't mean a lot to you, you're either too young to appreciate the gravity of what happened or you're not a proper football fan. It's just a terrible shame it took so long to get official recognition of what really happened.

Edited by Alex