John Carver

Renton

I was listening to talk shite yestersay and they had an interview with the evil Santa Clause (aka Ken Bates). He talked briefly about John Carver, and what an excellent coach he was, and attributed much of Leeds recent success on this man. He said he couldn't understand why Newcastle would sack such an excellent coach, and that our loss was Leeds' gain. Here is a bit more info from an old Leeds article, where he talks about man management and getting the best form players.

How we could do with Carver now, it sickens me that we got rid of Carver so Souness could bring all his wankers in instead. He would have made a perfect acting manager while we looked for a replacement for Souness. As it is we haven't got a half-decent coach at the club. :(

Never rated Carver tbh and if I remember rightly it seemed the majority of people wanted a proper coach in when he was here, fickle us lot?

83380[/snapback]

I agree like, when it was going tits up under Robson there was a lot of shit directed at Carver, saying he had no pedigree (woof!) and questioning whether he was good enough.

Never rated Carver tbh and if I remember rightly it seemed the majority of people wanted a proper coach in when he was here, fickle us lot?

83380[/snapback]

I agree like, when it was going tits up under Robson there was a lot of shit directed at Carver, saying he had no pedigree (woof!) and questioning whether he was good enough.

83383[/snapback]

Perhaps it is fickle, but hindsight truly is a wonderful thing sometimes. I think it's a case of "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" really.

He'd be mad to leave Leeds and come back obviously, but I was just pointing out its a shame we got rid of him to make way for the posse of useless wankers.

83380[/snapback]

83383[/snapback]

One thing that Souness definitely deserves top marks for is lowering our expectations, thats for sure, when Carver is getting spoken about in this light it shows how deperate we have became.

The desperation to get this man out is immense and imo the small demonstration on Saturday is just the start of things, just wish we were at home for Saturdays game as i have no doubt the turn out will at least treble as even people that aren't protesting will wonder around to the main entrance for a look and no doubt at some point become caught up in the euphoria of it all.

He'd be mad to leave Leeds and come back obviously, but I was just pointing out its a shame we got rid of him to make way for the posse of useless wankers.

83385[/snapback]

Too true! I think we thought we couldn't do any worse but as has been proven we have.

83380[/snapback]

83383[/snapback]

the small demonstration on Saturday is just the start of things

83386[/snapback]

wor lass works in the bamborough suite on a matchday & was leaving thru the players entrnce in the heat of battle, she assure's me the average age of these protesters could of only been 14 yrs old..

i mean i uinderstand these kids are our future but i doubt wether it can be classed as a real demonstration..!

83380[/snapback]

83383[/snapback]

the small demonstration on Saturday is just the start of things

83386[/snapback]

wor lass works in the bamborough suite on a matchday & was leaving thru the players entrnce in the heat of battle, she assure's me the average age of these protesters could of only been 14 yrs old..

i mean i uinderstand these kids are our future but i doubt wether it can be classed as a real demonstration..!

83389[/snapback]

Shouldn't have posted that mate, SMO will be at the next one for defo now if there's loads of kids :(