Turkey

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The little I know about Erdogan includes him probably fixing the election, imprisoning anyone that is nasty to him on Facebook and generally being a cunt.

If democracy is crooked then what's left to do but have a violent uprising?

The little I know about Erdogan includes him probably fixing the election, imprisoning anyone that is nasty to him on Facebook and generally being a cunt.

If democracy is crooked then what's left to do but have a violent uprising?

He controls the media too. You can call it an attack on democratic institutions but he's practically a dictator. the disturbing thing is what he would be replaced with. Though maybe it looks like he's going to cling on.

This is probably for the best I think. I know Erdogan will use this to further consolidate his powers but coming from somewhere where we've seen coups time and time again they never work. You always end up worse than before. Even if its tyrant or corrupt people that are overthrown. Turks have seen this too so Im not surprised people rose up like they did yesterday.

Difficult times ahead for Turkey no matter what though.

There is an alternative centrist Govt in waiting who are against his dallying with Islamic ideas. Turkey has a huge and well organized army so there is no power vacuum for jihadi's and whatnot.

2700 judges arrested? What did they have to do with anything?

Within hours of the end of it. :lol:

There's more than a whiff of suspicion about the whole thing, and the arrest of 1/3 of the judiciary is not how a dictator cements his authority..... Oh nooo no no, not at all. ;)