Daryl Janmaat

Christmas Tree

Yup. Think is a better defender from what I saw of him in the WC. No rash petulant hacks ala Debuchy.

A couple of cameo appearances at the WC is a great sample size.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of cameo appearances at the WC is a great sample size.

Just go by what I read on NO remember. ;)

Debuchy is better going foward as I said earlier but defending its pretty close in my humble opinion.

Nobody on here is an expert on Janmmat. However:

36 - Daley Blind is the only defender who created more chances (37) than Daryl Janmaat in the Eredivisie last season (36).

Edited by Park Life

Good signing. Glad we held out until we had a replacement as well. Are people actually starting to learn how to conduct transfers?!

Still need two strikers and a CB imo.

Good signing. Glad we held out until we had a replacement as well. Are people actually starting to learn how to conduct transfers?!

Still need two strikers and a CB imo.

Doubt it. You know what would have happened if Ajax had asked for more money, we'd have walked away and gone back in January and Ryan Taylor wouldve started the season.

I'm pleased with the signing of Janmaat but stay a little worried about our back 4.

Santon appears to be out until September which will probably mean Dumbett will be a starter and that doesn't please me too much.

I think Williamson is a weak link and frankly I would prefer Saylor or a new body in next to Colo.

While I dont think Janmaat is as accomplished a defender as Debuchy yet, for a club like us you cant expect better business than this so Im happy. I also fully expect him to be sold in 2-3 years. Fact he can cover at CB is a big plus. But it also worries me Pardew might destroy him by playing him at CB and Santon at RB. Would be just like us to ruin a CB, Mbiwa, by playing him at RB and then ruin a promising RB by playing him at CB.

Im really hoping we sign a decent CB or two so it doesnt have to come to that.

Doubt it. You know what would have happened if Ajax had asked for more money, we'd have walked away and gone back in January and Ryan Taylor wouldve started the season.

Can only go on what I'm seeing this transfer window - We lost Remy (inevitably), and are actively looking for a replacement. Though with Debuchy we held the cards and only have finalised his move once the Janmaat deal has been in place. I was wishfully thinking; it would take a lot more of such similar, sensible business for me to believe that this is more than just a one off however, given our track record of seemingly being unable to look beyond the 'profit at any cost' culture at the club currently.

Happy with this as it should mean whomever plays ahead of the more defensive-minded Janmaat should have greater license to attack. To be honest, it could mean a renaissance for Ben Arfa.

Happy with this as it should mean whomever plays ahead of the more defensive-minded Janmaat should have greater license to attack. To be honest, it could mean a renaissance for Ben Arfa.

I don't think our cock of a manager has the personal skills to hold out that olive branch, unfortunately.

I don't think our cock of a manager has the personal skills to hold out that olive branch, unfortunately.

I don't think our cock of a manager has the authority to dictate who plays or who doesn't.

Are you suggesting some fatty solidarity might ensue and Mike force Pards to field him? Surely a man with Pardew's principles would resign immediately.

Sure

I don't mind people moaning about the bad shit or staying tight lipped about the good shit.

But complaining about spending £30m+ in under 3 weeks seems to me to expose an intransigence of thought that doesn't deserve a response.

Its unprecedented at Newcastle isn't it?

I don't mind people moaning about the bad shit or staying tight lipped about the good shit.

But complaining about spending £30m+ in under 3 weeks seems to me to expose an intransigence of thought that doesn't deserve a response.

Why use a 3 week time-frame, instead of an 18 month one? :lol:

:lol:

large_uG7JARMJSwPzA861zfSogAZticR.jpg

Why am I having feelings that Janmaat signing is not a done deal.

Comments like Emanuel is our 5th signing, and it depends on Debuchy's move, are causing me concern.