Daryl Janmaat

Christmas Tree

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least we've actually replaced Debuchy. Hopefully it'll work out with Janmaat. We seem to get a bounce when we bring in new players under Pardew, so we may actually have a good start to the season. Before he drums their form out of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Do you think he will stay? With Gamas coming in and be able to play on both sides at full back he could play at left back (where he's played for the last 2 seasons)

Surely we need to keep Janmaat and Gamas can solve the left back problem.

I'd expect him to leave, but it'd be nice to have some actual cover at fullback.

Gamez, Janmaat, Mbabu, Haidara, Dummett. 2 of those 5 are often injured and the last is probably better off as a centre back.

I just really hope we don't go into the season with Dummett and Haidara as our left backs, both crocked

Gamas has only played something like 25 games in 2 seasons, can he play 46 games? He would be our only right back and it's worrying.

I know he did well near the back end of last season but Anita shouldn't be playing at full back

I just really hope we don't go into the season with Dummett and Haidara as our left backs, both crocked

Gamas has only played something like 25 games in 2 seasons, can he play 46 games? He would be our only right back and it's worrying.

I know he did well near the back end of last season but Anita shouldn't be playing at full back

Gamez didn't play much, but that could simply be that he wasn't up to the standard to play more? Rather than not being fit enough, I'm sure I read somewhere that he was always on the training ground, so I don't think fitness is an issue.

There's rumours we're after another fullback, England U19 I think.