Hippo Heed appointed Engerland manager

Geordie1973

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well actually I thought England played quite well except for the strike-force who played like 3 wet Swan Vestas.

No real credit to Fat Sam though as his choice of players wasn't much different from Hodgsons.

"Wayne played wherever he wanted to," said Allardyce. "He did play a little deeper than I thought he'd play, but I was pleased with his performance.

“This is the most decorated outfield player in England. He’s won everything at Manchester United, at Champions League and domestic level. I think he holds a lot more experience at international football than I do as an international manager.

"It's not for me to say where he's going to play,"

"Wayne played wherever he wanted to," said Allardyce. "He did play a little deeper than I thought he'd play, but I was pleased with his performance.

“This is the most decorated outfield player in England. He’s won everything at Manchester United, at Champions League and domestic level. I think he holds a lot more experience at international football than I do as an international manager.

Thats not real is it?

Still loved it when we scored as there's nowt better than seeing a side who has timewasted and spoilt so much getting beaten at the death.

That's not to say I disagree with any of the comments. What the fuck can you expect with Allardyce though? We all know he's a total fraud who hides behind his sports science and nutrition bullshit to mask what a dinosaur he is

Just read more of that interview and Allardyce goes on to comment on how Rooney played deeper than he (Allardyce) thought he would, as if this was something over which he has no control and is just passive observer.

It's going to be an interesting two years. I'd be amazed if it goes on longer than two.

I actually thought it was worse than Hodgson. Say what you will about him, we breezed through qualifications. This felt like Alan Pardew's Newcastle stealing a last minute home win against Fulham

Except that when we played Slovakia under Hodgson 2 months ago we didnt beat them. Didnt really see much difference either, dont think thats the point. Hodgson is probably a better coach but if i understood the thinking, we dont need a brilliant coach to get out of our qualifying groups, we need someone who can inspire / motivate and get a performance out of a team at a major tournament.

As qualifying out of this group should be a formality, the playing style that gets us there isnt really important. Its going one better than the shite displays we have put on over the last decade and more at major finals. 

That's actually the first vaguely credible reason for having him that I've heard. It has to be it, surely.

Thing is though, Allardyce doesn't motivate teams to achieve, does he? Is motivating to avoid relegation the same as motivating to win something?

There was more to it than just Portugal winning the Euros with a pragmatic approach since the FA had also clearly decided on an Englishman. That narrowed the field down to about 3 or 4 potential candidates.

"I think he holds a lot more experience at international football than I do as an international manager.

Isn't this his first ever game as an international manager? Or am I missing something here?

Sam is there because he's deluded enough to avoid the pressure the media puts on the England manager. His stubborn pig headedness is part of what helped Sunderland avoid relegation.

I see absolutely no change from what happened in the previous few competitions.  We'll comfortably qualify then be awful in the main event scraping though the group stage before losing in the next round to someone completely average.

The whole thing needs shaking up, players, manager and whoever runs these things at the FA.  We're going nowhere the way things are.  They should look at what's went on with the England Cricket (particularly in the shorter forms) and Rugby union teams in the last couple of years.