Hippo Heed appointed Engerland manager

Geordie1973

Nowt ever changes though. The club's will continue to act in their own self interests and the FA will talk a lot about changes but do very little as they continue to make lots of money

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that when we played Slovakia under Hodgson 2 months ago we didnt beat them. Didnt really see much difference either, dont think thats the point. Hodgson is probably a better coach but if i understood the thinking, we dont need a brilliant coach to get out of our qualifying groups, we need someone who can inspire / motivate and get a performance out of a team at a major tournament.

As qualifying out of this group should be a formality, the playing style that gets us there isnt really important. Its going one better than the shite displays we have put on over the last decade and more at major finals. 

I agree that this is how they saw it. Also fully agree with DK and others that a major shake up is needed but it simply wont happen. 

For me Allardyce has already started getting them playing his way and the goal showed evidence of that, for the last 25-30 minutes of the match we were slinging balls into the box and packing it with as many players as we could which in the end is what got us the goal, a scrappy ball bobbled around the box until it fell to Lallana who swung a boot at it. We'll qualify but it'll be utterly shite, of course once we get to the tournament it'll no doubt be business as usual and we'll get KO'd by the first decent side we come against.

I can't decide which I'd prefer. For Allardyce to fail to get us to the next world cup, or for us to qualify and for him to spend a couple of weeks in Russia with his trousers round his ankles.

Can you imagine the grin on the cunt's face boarding the plane to head to the World Cup?

Except that when we played Slovakia under Hodgson 2 months ago we didnt beat them. Didnt really see much difference either, dont think thats the point. Hodgson is probably a better coach but if i understood the thinking, we dont need a brilliant coach to get out of our qualifying groups, we need someone who can inspire / motivate and get a performance out of a team at a major tournament.

As qualifying out of this group should be a formality, the playing style that gets us there isnt really important. Its going one better than the shite displays we have put on over the last decade and more at major finals.

Back to the days of Peter Reid, when the tactics amounted to 'get the fuck into them, first to every ball, no bounces in he box' and other shouty cliches

Do you not think that Englands demise has coincided with the doing away of the foreigners rule? For me, we have no leaders because no top flight team is going to put that trust in an England hopeful, we buy superstars from around the world and put a few token British players alongside them.

It is, to some extent kick and rush football because we have world class international players who can be relied on to make something out of nothing. All of our players look scared of the responsibility of having the ball, I thought in the last match even Rooney was dropping deep and hiding behind players at times.

Seriously, the last team I can remember that had more than 7 English players and challenging , was us, under Keegan, all those years ago.

Also, I think the playing style does matter in these early stages because they need to gel and be creative and defensively strong if we're going to compete when we get there, the players need confidence and self assuredness, 10 men behind the ball isn't going to achieve that imo. I also doubt we would have won the last match if it wasn't for the sending off,

Edited by scoobos

• 3 weeks later...

Following all the corruption at Fifa, the FA have to be seen coming down hard on this if they want to maintain credibility. This won't just be BSA and they have to punish the clubs involved which will include us :(

Did he actually say anything that bad though?

Well if he was willing to advise on how to get around the third party ownership rules the first thing they should do is revisit every foreign signing the cunt ever made.

I know that might affect us but so be it.

But did he actually offer any advice in how to get around it? He said it could be done, I don't think he actually advised anything illegal. 

If I said I could help you evade tax without actually saying how, you'd still have the right to be suspicious that I'd done it before.

Of course twats like him are braggards by nature but its still worth some thought.

If I said I could help you evade tax without actually saying how, you'd still have the right to be suspicious that I'd done it before.

Of course twats like him are braggards by nature but its still worth some thought.

There is no doubt that he's crooked as fuck but he was being fairly coy in that video. When bungs were brought up he said something along the lines of 'I didn't hear that. You can discuss that when I'm not here'. He also said that he'd need to get the okay from the FA regarding any advisory role. He may just have been clever enough to avoid the sack but obviously he was completely naive and in the wrong, I don't think that this is the massive scoop that the Telegraph are trying to make out.