religion

Dr Gloom

OK. Where is your position X? You have to create a position outside of your Logos for this to work. If we are to investigate the Universal Architecture from within the UA then I'm afraid your mind (the bio-chemical engine) is still supreme. If you can't position yourself outside the construct you can't view the construct without the determinate of your mind (bio-centric - bio- chemical engine). Where is the X? :D

Edited by Park Life
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just to cheer everyone up, I attended my first requiem mass yesterday, in fact it was my first mass of any kind......it’s taken me till this evening to properly process my thoughts on it. In view of this and at the risk of being accused of being a raging bigot, I’d just like to ask any RC’s on this esteemed forum one question...what the fuckin hell is all that about? :blink:

14 minutes ago, Ant said:

peace be with you  :woosh:

hope you knelt and stood at the right times and all, otherwise they will all have known you were an outsider

I was indeed the only person to wander in and just shuffle along a pew. Everyone else acted as if they were the only ones who could actually see Prince William and Kate stood next to the geezer in the frock :lol: 

No wonder Ireland have mostly fucked all that stuff offf nowadays. I understand as recently as the 80s on the likes of St Patrick’s day folks had to go to mass three times in the one day? :blink: 

Word of warning: don’t go for a couple of pints before a RC wedding ceremony. There was a mad dash to the toilet when it finally ended. At one point they started taking communion while half the congregation sat with their legs folded, counting the minutes until the floodgates could be opened.

There was a five minute interlude in the mass for my Mam where the priest spoke about her warmly that really moved me and everyone else . I just switched off my brain Homer style for the rest. 

People were comforted by a familiar ritual I guess, though the church should learn from the response to the human bit. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Paganism is demonstrably less weird than sprinkling holy water and  lighting  joss sticks above a coffin :cuppa: 

How very dare you, sir.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

They’re going to kick you out of the Orange Order now.

I actually have a sash somewhere that 'my (grand) father wore'. I'll have to dig it out and maybe post it over if you lads are feeling nostalgic? ;)

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I actually have a sash somewhere that 'my (grand) father wore'. I'll have to dig it out and maybe post it over if you lads are feeling nostalgic? ;)

My old man forbade me to go anywhere near Glasgow to watch football when I was a kid, that included Edinburgh....bssically religion is the reason I support NUFC :good:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

It's a funny thing because I've met a few people considerably more intelligent than me who believed in god but despite the usual brainwashing that went on in (even non-denominational) schools in the 80s I never believed in it beyond the age of about 7 or 8. I guess it either makes sense to you or it doesn't. And it makes absolutely fuck all sense to me. I'd probably have a little bit more time for it if more of the god-botherers actually tried to live a life that was remotely close to their supposed saviour's alleged teachings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

It's a funny thing because I've met a few people considerably more intelligent than me who believed in god

Don't put yourself down.

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...