religion

Dr Gloom

I'm asking for a single shred of evidence to back up your claims and you are offering absolutely nothing. At least Leazes would've had the decency to make something up.

Wolfy, the difference is that we live in a Western liberal democracy, while those other countries are backwards theocracies. So another way of looking at this is that Muslims (for instance) aren't allowed to do the same stuff as we would do here in Saudi Arabia either. But they are allowed to do the same stuff as us in the UK. Because we are liberal.

We are not being persecuted here. I celebrate Christmas every year, and a couple of years back was invited to share the day with a Hindu family who had a tree, turkey, stuffing and curried potatoes :D I suspect plenty of non-white/non-ancestrally British families celebrate Christmas.

Has anyone actually told you that you can't celebrate Christmas?

Edited by Rayvin

6 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Did you bother to watch it? 'A handful of men are involved', 'most Muslims want nothing to do with it', 'local Muslim leaders have condemned it'.

It's like saying the NF are representative of the British people.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Wolfy, the difference is that we live in a Western liberal democracy, while those other countries are backwards theocracies. So another way of looking at this is that Muslims (for instance) aren't allowed to do the same stuff as we would do here in Saudi Arabia either. But they are allowed to do the same stuff as us in the UK. Because we are liberal.

We are not being persecuted here. I celebrate Christmas every year, and a couple of years back was invited to share the day with a Hindu family who had a tree, turkey, stuffing and curried potatoes :D

You know there are Sharia councils in London right?

Just now, ewerk said:

I'm asking for a single shred of evidence to back up your claims and you are offering absolutely nothing. At least Leazes would've had the decency to make something up.

A simple question for you.

Are you telling me that in this country we are not altering the way thin gs are in schools and in terms of Christmas, as well as allowing all kinds or different religious ways to affect the accepted way of life of what English people were accustomed to?

1 hour ago, wolfy said:

I always used find it strange how we allow all other nationalities and religions into this country and yet we have to bow down to their belief's and ways.

Yet, when we go to their countries, we are under their laws in a strict sense and our laws and belief's are basically rendered irrelevant.

To be fair Parky, I mean Wolfy, this is spot on.  It's a disgrace that I can't get an abortion in Ireland or burn a talmud in Stamford Hill.

2 minutes ago, wolfy said:

Are you telling me that in this country we are not altering the way thin gs are in schools and in terms of Christmas, as well as allowing all kinds or different religious ways to affect the accepted way of life of what English people were accustomed to?

The avocado munching SJW's in here all have Stockholm Syndrome mate. :D

3 minutes ago, wolfy said:

Are you upset about the lack of a Christmas nativity play in your school? How about the fact that 48% of the population aren't affiliated with any religion. Do you think that that has anything to do with it? You're talking about forcing Christianity on the public and our children but it's the same thing you're accusing Muslims of doing.

6 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Nor a mosque within an arbitrary cirumference around the world trade centre mate.  It's political correctness gone mad.

Luckily the EDL and the UKIPs are promoting the more British values of tolerance and inclusiveness that will shine as an example to these religious neanderthals.

6 minutes ago, wolfy said:

It's nice to know you're a racist thick cunt as well.

2 minutes ago, Park Life said:

The avocado munching SJW's in here all have Stockholm Syndrome mate. :D

So you think that on this specific issue I have stockholm syndrome, but that I'm worse than you on targeting SJWs elsewhere :lol:

Just on the Christmas point, I've seen literally nothing to suggest it is being eroded by foreign cultures. Plenty to suggest it's being eroded by consumerism though.

As for Sharia councils, my understanding is that their judgements don't/can't supercede the law. So again, what difference do they make? Are you likely to be summoned to one? If not, how does it affect you?

2 minutes ago, Happy Face said:

Nor a mosque within an arbitrary cirumference around the world trade centre mate.  It's political correctness gone mad.

Luckily the EDL and the UKIPs are promting the more British values of tolerance and inclusiveness that will shine as an example to these religious neanderthals.

:D

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

We are not being persecuted here. I celebrate Christmas every year, and a couple of years back was invited to share the day with a Hindu family who had a tree, turkey, stuffing and curried potatoes :D I suspect plenty of non-white/non-ancestrally British families celebrate Christmas.

Nope, nobody has stopped me from celebrating Christmas, so I suppose if it doesn't affect me then I shouldn't be too bothered about schools having to tone down plays that were customary at Christmas time  for fear of offending other religions.

I'm not religious and I celebrate Christmas for the joy that it brings kids.

I have no qualms about other religions if they stick to their own ways and do not demand that it is followed by others.

The issue is simple.

Be who you are and do not expect others to follow unless they choose to.

In the so called backward countries, as you put it, it appears that we would be hung drawn and quartered if we stood on the streets or even tried to push our ideals onto those countries, yet here, day by day, it's happening and getting to the stage where we are almost rendered speechless in opposing what is put upon us.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

So you think that on this specific issue I have stockholm syndrome, but that I'm worse than you on targeting SJWs elsewhere :lol:

Just on the Christmas point, I've seen literally nothing to suggest it is being eroded by foreign cultures. Plenty to suggest it's being eroded by consumerism though.

As for Sharia councils, my understanding is that their judgements don't/can't supercede the law. So again, what difference do they make? Are you likely to be summoned to one? If not, how does it affect you?

Yeah you're right I'm a sociopath I'm not affected by happens to others.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/dec/14/sharia-courts-family-law-women

1 minute ago, wolfy said:

Nope, nobody has stopped me from celebrating Christmas, so I suppose if it doesn't affect me then I shouldn't be too bothered about schools having to tone down plays that were customary at Christmas time  for fear of offending other religions.

I have no qualms about other religions if they stick to their own ways and do not demand that it is followed by others.

The issue is simple.

In the so called backward countries, as you put it, it appears that we would be hung drawn and quartered if we stood on the streets or even tried to push our ideals onto those countries, yet here, day by day, it's happening and getting to the stage where we are almost rendered speechless in opposing what is put upon us.

These gimps live in Newcastle and Ireland...You know those hotbeds of multiculturalism. :D

2 minutes ago, Happy Face said:

Luckily the EDL and the UKIPs are promting the more British values of tolerance and inclusiveness that will shine as an example to these religious neanderthals.

The EDL appear to have been set up in response to Muslim gangs on Luton though - I can understand the logic of where they came from. Obviously they've morphed into something entirely different, but if you look back at where they came from, it very much does appear that communities in the area had become segregated and that race relations were very poor. That's not just on the EDL.

UKIP are just racist in the old fashioned sense - the EDL come from a direct example of a failure of integration.

It's with little surprise I greet the news that Wolfy is convinced of something that isn't true.

I hope Parky is just being mischievous with his silly claims about East London.

4 minutes ago, wolfy said:

But every school in Britain had better force the children to pretend a virgin had a baby in a shed and that's why Santa comes by damn it or there'll be hell to pay.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wolfy said:

The issue is simple.

Are these Christian schools? Non-denominational state schools aren't religious anyway, so what difference does it make if they don't have a nativity play?

I don't see the power creep of Islam that you're seeing. I could see an argument to suggest that it's blending with feminism on some matters (women covering up, crack downs on sexual freedoms, removing ads about being beach body ready in the London tube, etc) but these are minor details in the overall scheme of things.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Are these Christian schools? Non-denominational state schools aren't religious anyway, so what difference does it make if they don't have a nativity play?

I don't see the power creep of Islam that you're seeing. I could see an argument to suggest that it's blending with feminism on some matters (women covering up, crack downs on sexual freedoms, removing ads about being beach body ready in the London tube, etc) but these are minor details in the overall scheme of things.

Muslim women British born are living in fear in parts of London.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/dec/14/sharia-courts-family-law-women