religion

Dr Gloom

7 minutes ago, wolfy said:

Nope, nobody has stopped me from celebrating Christmas, so I suppose if it doesn't affect me then I shouldn't be too bothered about schools having to tone down plays that were customary at Christmas time  for fear of offending other religions.

I'm not religious and I celebrate Christmas for the joy that it brings kids.

I have no qualms about other religions if they stick to their own ways and do not demand that it is followed by others.

The issue is simple.

Be who you are and do not expect others to follow unless they choose to.

In the so called backward countries, as you put it, it appears that we would be hung drawn and quartered if we stood on the streets or even tried to push our ideals onto those countries, yet here, day by day, it's happening and getting to the stage where we are almost rendered speechless in opposing what is put upon us.

You've refused to address my point that more people in this country identify with no religion than with Christianity, including yourself. But you are imposing Christian beliefs on the public when the majority don't agree with them. 

7 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Yeah you're right I'm a sociopath I'm not affected by happens to others.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/dec/14/sharia-courts-family-law-women

That isn't what we're discussing though - the issue here is that Wolfy feels that he and his family are having rights/liberties taken away by rising levels of Islamification.

I'll readily agree that religious courts in this country should be abolished, but they have absolutely no impact on you or I in terms of how we live our lives.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

That isn't what we're discussing though - the issue here is that Wolfy feels that he and his family are having rights/liberties taken away by rising levels of Islamification.

I'll readily agree that religious courts in this country should be abolished, but they have absolutely no impact on you or I in terms of how we live our lives.

It's fine as long as it's happening to Muslim girls innit. Lord give me strength!

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Are you upset about the lack of a Christmas nativity play in your school? How about the fact that 48% of the population aren't affiliated with any religion. Do you think that that has anything to do with it? You're talking about forcing Christianity on the public and our children but it's the same thing you're accusing Muslims of doing.

I have nothing against any religion. None.

This isn't about me and religion. I have no divine right to go against anyone's belief's.

This is about me being allowed to have my own rights and not be dictated to by other religions because my council or government decides it's offensive to them if I carry on doing what all English people were accustomed to.... unless I decide I want to. Which I don't.

26 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

You can't even get Easter Eggs at Christmas now because of political correctness

You're one of their main targets. It angers me that people even think like this. :(

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

Edited by Park Life

Just now, wolfy said:

This is about me being allowed to have my own rights and not be dictated to by other religions because my council or government decides it's offensive to them if I carry on doing what all English people were accustomed to.... unless I decide I want to. Which I don't.

And again you haven't given a single example of how you have been dictated to by religion. In fact you are angry that you aren't being dictated to by Christianity via nativity plays.

3 minutes ago, Park Life said:

It's fine as long as it's happening to Muslim girls innit. Lord give me strength!

Not what I said. FFS Parky.

Whether it happens to Muslim girls was not Wolfy's premise. You're trying to send this off down a channel that makes sense to argue about, which I understand because Wolfy's original position is unsustainable - but his original comment indicated that Muslim laws/rules/influence were affecting HIM. Is Wolfy a Muslim girl?

Edited by Rayvin

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Not what I said. FFS Parky.

Whether it happens to Muslim girls was not Wolfy's premise. You're trying to send this off down a channel that makes sense to argue about, which I understand because Wolfy's original position is unsustainable - but his original comment indicated that Muslim laws/rules/influence were affecting HIM. Is Wolfy a Muslim girl?

He is.

7 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Muslim women British born are living in fear in parts of London.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/dec/14/sharia-courts-family-law-women

Mad that honour killings, domestic violence, child and ritual abuse, forced marriage, polygamy, rape and sexual assaults aren't investigated and prosecuted in the UK any more!

Eye opening stuff for a Wednesday morning from you Parkster.

15 minutes ago, Park Life said:

These gimps live in Newcastle and Ireland...You know those hotbeds of multiculturalism. :D

The key issue is always been, never argue politics and religion.

It creates animosity, always and nobody ever wins.

The thing is, it's by design, not by accident.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

And again you haven't given a single example of how you have been dictated to by religion. In fact you are angry that you aren't being dictated to by Christianity via nativity plays.

:lol:

Just now, wolfy said:

No pal, the key issue is that you have nothing to back up your claims.

Again.

Because you're a bumder.

3 minutes ago, wolfy said:

I enjoy arguing about both things, but you need to give and take for it to be constructive - especially with politics. I've changed my mind on things many times on here following discussion with other people - it is possible, you just need to be a free thinker with an open mind ;)

8 minutes ago, Happy Face said:

Mad that honour killings, domestic violence, child and ritual abuse, forced marriage, polygamy, rape and sexual assaults aren't investigated and prosecuted in the UK any more!

Eye opening stuff for a Wednesday morning from you Parkster.

I know mate it's almost like those rape gangs got away with it for years. Lucky the Sikh community formed that self-defence group across Gurdwaras across the UK. ;)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2012/jul/03/edl-sikh-men-women

Edited by Park Life

18 minutes ago, Happy Face said:

But every school in Britain had better force the children to pretend a virgin had a baby in a shed and that's why Santa comes by damn it or there'll be hell to pay.

Not at all. This isn't about me arguing about people's religious belief's. This is about being allowed to do what people wish to be part of and not have it taken away because other people are offended by it.

1 minute ago, Park Life said:

I know mate it's almost like those rape gangs got away with it for years. Lucky the Sikh community formed that self-defence group across Gurdwaras across the UK. ;)

Yeah, you wouldn't find an institutional acceptance of child rape in Christian community would you?

1011057_c04d13d3.jpg

1 minute ago, Park Life said:

I know mate it's almost like those rape gangs got away with it for years.

The new churches those catholic priests got relocated to will surely make them pray for forgiveness though.  Worthy punishment.