Fulham vs Newcastle at Craven Cottage

Andrew

Prediction  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7,000 of our lot going down apparently :lol: Might as well be a home game.

I can confirm that I'm in attendance, representing the TT massive B)

Any part time cockneys ( I'm thinking you, @@The Fish )care to suggest a riverside pub that doesn't want to serve us braised pigs ear with a side of bone marrow jelly, rather than a pint of fuckin beer? :unsure: we're arriving early and all I can find is gastro pubs or boozers where you may have to be wearing the right rowing club colours to get in. The weathers supposed to be half decent so we're looking for a decent hostlery near the river in Fulham or Putney that will let a desperate company of General Benitez's foot soldiers in :good:

Edited by PaddockLad

Any part time cockneys ( I'm thinking you, @@The Fish )care to suggest a riverside pub that doesn't want to serve us braised pigs ear with a side of bone marrow jelly, rather than a pint of fuckin beer? :unsure: we're arriving early and all I can find is gastro pubs or boozers where you may have to be wearing the right rowing club colours to get in. The weathers supposed to be half decent so we're looking for a decent hostlery near the river in Fulham or Putney that will let a desperate company of General Benitez's foot soldiers in :good:

If you are getting off the train at Clapham junction it will be easier to get a normal drink round there mate.

Any part time cockneys ( I'm thinking you, @@The Fish )care to suggest a riverside pub that doesn't want to serve us braised pigs ear with a side of bone marrow jelly, rather than a pint if fuckin beer? :unsure: we're arriving early and all I can find is gastro pubs or boozers where you may have to be wearing the right rowing club colours to get in. The weathers supposed to be half decent so we're looking for a decent hostlery near the river in Fulham or Putney that will let a desperate company of General Benitez's foot soldiers in :good:

You'll be hard pressed to find a good pub that isn't posh in Fulham & Chelsea. I like the White Horse for a sunday roast, but not for a pre-Match pint. It's nickname is the Sloaney Pony... so there's that :lol:

Eight Bells is the traditional away pub, but unless you're there early it'll be a miracle if you get served before the final whistle. It's right beside Putney Bridge station so it's the 1st place away fans pile into.

The Bricklayers arms is a good pub but it's about a 20 minute walk from Craven Cottage. I'll be there with @@Matt and a few mates before the game and probably afterwards too.

How are you getting there? As Strawb says, it might be worth you getting a few beers somewhere else, like Clapham Junction.

8 bells. That's where I'll be. Get down early though because close to kick off it gets so rammed you can't even get in

Can't be arsed with that place, too small, last time I was there pre match they had fuckin stewards marshalling the pre match piss up wearing pink hi viz vests. Fuck that, although we did bizarrely have a post match pint with Nobby Solano's brother in there, bloke was the spitting image of him and was stood their in the 8 bells wearing the wet, mud splattered shirt Nobby had just taken off :lol: There's a boozer on the way to the ground not far from there called The Temperance which is a good spot, but as you say with 7k of our lot on the rampage in west London on a Friday its best to get in somewhere early.

You'll be hard pressed to find a good pub that isn't posh in Fulham & Chelsea. I like the White Horse for a sunday roast, but not for a pre-Match pint. It's nickname is the Sloaney Pony... so there's that :lol:

Eight Bells is the traditional away pub, but unless you're there early it'll be a miracle if you get served before the final whistle. It's right beside Putney Bridge station so it's the 1st place away fans pile into.

The Bricklayers arms is a good pub but it's about a 20 minute walk from Craven Cottage. I'll be there with @@Matt and a few mates before the game and probably afterwards too.

How are you getting there? As Strawb says, it might be worth you getting a few beers somewhere else, like Clapham Junction.

We're going through Clapham Junction on the train, that's a good shout, cheers. That Brickies looks canny enough too, may see you in there... If you see a fellah who looks like a Geordie inspirational speaker/life coach/property dealer buying huge rounds of pre match sambucca I'll be with him :D

We're going through Clapham Junction on the train, that's a good shout, cheers. That Brickies looks canny enough too, may see you in there... If you see a fellah who looks like a Geordie inspirational speaker/life coach/property dealer buying huge rounds of pre match sambucca I'll be with him :D

Depending on how long you've got before/after there's some decent pubs around Clapham Common, but that might be a bit of a schlep if you're leaving the match and darting off.

Depending on how long you've got before/after there's some decent pubs around Clapham Common, but that might be a bit of a schlep if you're leaving the match and darting off.

I used to visit friends in Earlsfield in the 90s and drank in and around Clapaham a fair bit, Lavender Hill etc, it was fully gentrified even back then. Putney high street was still quite rough round the edges so I liked that better but it's gone the same way now. Just looked on trip advisor about the Bricklayers, first review: "don't tell anyone about this place!" :D

Villa have signed Ross McCormack, good signing, scores for fun in the championship even with a god awful Fulham team.

Also handy that our first opponents main goal threats McCormack and Dembele both left them this summer.

I wonder if Sissoko will be in the squad? There's apparently been no bids and Rafa is happy to work with him, and for all his faults he remains a player who can change a game if he can be arsed.

Sels

Janmaat Mbemba/Hanley Lascelles ...Dummett?

Hayden Colback

Ritchie ------ Shelvey------ Perez

Gayle

:dunno:

Edited by The Fish