Fulham vs Newcastle at Craven Cottage

Andrew

Prediction  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tiote hasn't gone.

Ok, I'm trying to think of a way to sooth your concerns.

In the following the lower number the better.

Aguero is a 2

Wijnaldum is a 7

Janmaat is a player who wouldn't look out of place in a top half of the Prem side, so lets give him a value of 8

Townsend is a mid-table Premier League player. So lets arbitrarily give him a value of 10.

Ritchie is a bottom half/ mid-table player so lets give him a value of 13

Gayle is bottom half again so 16

etc. etc.

We've a team of 13-19s with an 8 or two in a league made up mostly of 20s and below. We've comfortably the best squad in the league. Who might not be blowing your skirt up, in the context of this season are actually very good acquisitions.

Plus we've got Rafa.

Tiote doesn't seem to be getting a mention in teams etc so I would assume he's in the Sisokko bracket of hoping to sell so don't play him. So gone really. I hope he does play him tonight.

As for your numbers number :lol:

At the end of the day (literally), I'll see tonight how things shape up and adjust my confidence accordingly.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry CT, I think there'll be some positives to take from today no matter what happens. This isn't going to be like last year.

I hope so. Still hopeful we'll get some even better additions once the prem clubs get towards the end of their business.

Tiote hasn't gone.

Ok, I'm trying to think of a way to sooth your concerns.

In the following the lower number the better.

Aguero is a 2

Wijnaldum is a 7

Janmaat is a player who wouldn't look out of place in a top half of the Prem side, so lets give him a value of 8

Townsend is a mid-table Premier League player. So lets arbitrarily give him a value of 10.

Ritchie is a bottom half/ mid-table player so lets give him a value of 13

Gayle is bottom half again so 16

etc. etc.

We've a team of 13-19s with an 8 or two in a league made up mostly of 20s and below. We've comfortably the best squad in the league. Who might not be blowing your skirt up, in the context of this season are actually very good acquisitions.

Plus we've got Rafa.

You're taking the piss now Fish.

I hope so. Still hopeful we'll get some even better additions once the prem clubs get towards the end of their business.

I think you might be disapointed re further additions. I think there will be more but I doubt they will be better than the players we've signed so far. I think we've done the main parts of our business already. I think we'll be looking for a backup striker who can play in the Mitro mould. We might still have another winger in mind who could be a starter but even then it'll probably someone you've not heard of.

Tiote doesn't seem to be getting a mention in teams etc so I would assume he's in the Sissoko bracket of hoping to sell so don't play him. So gone really. I hope he does play him tonight.

At the end of the day (literally), I'll see tonight how things shape up and adjust my confidence accordingly.

:lol: Course you will, and it a fortnight you'll adjust them again and a day later it'll change again and 45 minutes after that it'll mutate once more.

I think you might be disapointed re further additions. I think there will be more but I doubt they will be better than the players we've signed so far. I think we've done the main parts of our business already. I think we'll be looking for a backup striker who can play in the Mitro mould. We might still have another winger in mind who could be a starter but even then it'll probably someone you've not heard of.

And you may be surprised ;)

This is what Rafa said about possible loan deals yesterday.

1bf6d4d1783eb424fcee1d74e91ca389.png

Edited by Christmas Tree

Both Ryder and Douglas seem to think Hanley will start ahead of Mbemba. I hope that's just beacuse of concerns about his fitness after the knock he's had. Mbemba is our best centreback for me and I think he's a natural partner to the other two.

And you may be surprised ;)

This is what Rafa said about possible loan deals yesterday.

1bf6d4d1783eb424fcee1d74e91ca389.png

Actually as I was typing it I did think to myself, we'll probably sign someone as backup who would excite you more than the players we've already signed. I think that the type of players who Rafa is speaking about there, would still be the type I suggested also. We will see though.

Actually as I was typing it I did think to myself, we'll probably sign someone as backup who would excite you more than the players we've already signed. I think that the type of players who Rafa is speaking about there, would still be the type I suggested also. We will see though.

I just can't help thinking there won't be other players in a similar boat to what Townsend was last year. Sure it's a drop down but it's a chance to feature prominently for a good manager and revive careers.

As you say, we'll see.

1-1 , And I wouldnt be disappointed with that.

Same. Confident for the season overall given what we have done over the summer but expecting a large victory away from home first game of the season makes very little sense. Good time to play the better teams usually and we have a lot of new players, essentially a new manager and a new league. Cautious optimism is the only rational position.

38 votes counted thus far. Even though the page is saying 39 people have voted, and shows a total of 37 votes.. :lol: )

(I've included your TGQ)

Now it's saying 40 and shows 38 :lol:

Edited by The Fish

Ok, I'm going to the pub now. Any additional votes may not be picked up until Monday morning... :jonas::MITRO::nufc:

Edited by The Fish

Being a longstanding supporter of this club makes me actually fear this game. Why? All the positivity, the Rafa feel good factor, large away support, new signings, on the box, first game of the season. It's all there to go tits up and leave us with egg on our faces. :lol:

I remember going to Everton in 1988 for my first away trip in a similar positive mood and us getting wopped 4-0. Also remember playing big spending Leeds at home a year later on the opening day expecting a beating and seeing a big away support from Yorkshire take the piss at a disillusioned home crowd only to see Mickey Quinn do the piss taking instead. Wouldn't be surprised if the result isn't amazing, maybe a tight win at best but like Leeds going on to win the league. Not being a pessimist, just being a Newcastle United fan with memories of too many kicks in the knackers. :D

Being a longstanding supporter of this club makes me actually fear this game. Why? All the positivity, the Rafa feel good factor, large away support, new signings, on the box, first game of the season. It's all there to go tits up and leave us with egg on our faces. :lol:

I remember going to Everton in 1988 for my first away trip in a similar positive mood and us getting wopped 4-0. Also remember playing big spending Leeds at home a year later on the opening day expecting a beating and seeing a big away support from Yorkshire take the piss at a disillusioned home crowd only to see Mickey Quinn do the piss taking instead. Wouldn't be surprised if the result isn't amazing, maybe a tight win at best but like Leeds going on to win the league. Not being a pessimist, just being a Newcastle United fan with memories of too many kicks in the knackers. :D

I can understand the positivity but can't bring myself to join with it for all these same reasons :lol:

I've gone 2-2 for today, but that was before they sold McCormack. Think we might nick it now but it'll all be a bit disappointing, I think things may take time to gel, we've a lot of new players and last time we still had the core of the team from the previous season.

Am off for the train soon, the suns out in the south and it's all looking good for a great Friday night in that London....just watch some fuckin footballers spoil it :D

I can understand the positivity but can't bring myself to join with it for all these same reasons :lol:

I've gone 2-2 for today, but that was before they sold McCormack. Think we might nick it now but it'll all be a bit disappointing, I think things may take time to gel, we've a lot of new players and last time we still had the core of the team from the previous season.

Am off for the train soon, the suns out in the south and it's all looking good for a great Friday night in that London....just watch some fuckin footballers spoil it :D

Jammy bastard. Would love to be there. Hope the footballers don't spoil it too much for you. :good: