2016/2017 Predictions contest

Happy Face

Every Match thread will have a poll where you can predict how many Newcastle will score and concede.

1 point for each that you get right.  Max of 2 points per game, 92 points for the season.

At Kick off, predictions will be summarised in the opening post in the thread (by @@The Fish - i've not spoke to him about it, but he'll like to do it so he can put it on his cv).

Changing predictions is fine up to kick off, but changes/late entries not accepted after the summary post.

Winner get's bragging rights, unless the demand for cash entry/prizes is overwhelming.

Posting this in case people miss it in the Fulham thread.

Feel free to use the rest of this thread to make other predictions.

I forsee CT quitting the vape and getting back on the bines.

Total Poster
7 scoobos
6 Dougle
6 ewerk
6 Kevin Carr's Gloves
5 @yourservice
5 Jintsay
5 OTF
5 Tom
4 Anorthernsoul
4 Ant
4 Happy Face
4 Howay
4 zico martin
3 acrossthepond
3 Ausman
3 barnabox
3 ChezGiven
3 Christmas Tree
3 David Kelly
3 gpirlo68
3 MiddleAgeCool
3 StoneColdStephenIreland
3 strawb
3 The Fish
3 tooner
3 trophyshy
3 wykikitoon
2 Holden McGroin
2 McFaul
2 Monkeys Fist
2 ohhh_yeah
2 Rayvin
2 Renton
2 rogerbarton
2 ToonMarshy
2 vimalraja
1 247
1 AJack
1 Andrew
1 angrysteve
1 Bryn5
1 Dr Gloom
1 Geordie1973
1 holycrosser
1 JonGoodwyn
1 Kitman
1 Monroe Transfer
1 PaddockLad
1 The Mighty Hog
1 TheGingerQuiff

Happy to contribute towards a prize pot if need be.

The real value in this will be the end of season arguments about form/prospects for next season etc if either the Fish doesn't win, or CT does win.

:lol:

The real value in this will be the end of season arguments about form/prospects for next season etc if either the Fish doesn't win, or CT does win.

They always find some excuse to stop me winning. Usually an admin editing my posts :(

Every Match thread will have a poll where you can predict how many Newcastle will score and concede.

1 point for each that you get right. Max of 2 points per game, 92 points for the season.

At Kick off, predictions will be summarised in the opening post in the thread (by @@The Fish - i've not spoke to him about it, but he'll like to do it so he can put it on his cv).

Changing predictions is fine up to kick off, but changes/late entries not accepted after the summary post.

Winner get's bragging rights, unless the demand for cash entry/prizes is overwhelming.

Posting this in case people miss it in the Fulham thread.

Feel free to use the rest of this thread to make other predictions.

I forsee CT quitting the vape and getting back on the bines.

No problem doing this.

and Fuck you.

I'm toss at predicting scores.

Premier League survival is my wheelhouse though.

I'll be to chip in and do plenty, just not those where I'm at the game.

I'll be in a similar situation as I'm hoping to get to more away games this season. There'll be quite a few away days easily manageable from the new gaff.

Just thinking, won't I need editing permissions on the match thread? Does this mean I've got to start every Match thread?

It'd help if people put their prediction in reply as well mind.

?

Can you not view who predicted each number in the poll itself? Would be a ball ache searching through all the posts.... and unscrupulous sorts (hat wearers for example) could edit.

?

Can you not view who predicted each number in the poll itself? Would be a ball ache searching through all the posts.... and unscrupulous sorts (hat wearers for example) could edit.

I can, (and have done while mocking up a simple spreadsheet for it), but if I've entered 22 by 14:30 and check back just before kick off and there's 34 users who've voted, it'd be easier to go to the bottom of the thread and see the last ten predictions, than it would to click view on each for and each against, matching them up with the scores already predicted.

If people could do a simple:

Username: 1-0

That'd make my life a lot easier.

re: the unscrupulous, they can also change their vote, no?

Or, to combat all of the above, we could maybe bring the summary time earlier? Noon for 3pm kick offs? Or when the Teams are announced?

Is there any way to freeze the polls at a certain point? If you could stop people adding to it, you wouldn't necessarily need to go through and re-count at any point. You freeze it at 15 mins before kick off, and then tally everything up whenever is convenient - even after the match if need be.

Is there any way to freeze the polls at a certain point? If you could stop people adding to it, you wouldn't necessarily need to go through and re-count at any point. You freeze it at 15 mins before kick off, and then tally everything up whenever is convenient - even after the match if need be.

Works on twitter.

I can't close a poll and leave the results up.

I'd say 30 minutes before kick off gives half an hour for shock team news to lead to alterations and half an hour for them to be summarised so no-one edits mid-game.

I can't close a poll and leave the results up.

I'd say 30 minutes before kick off gives half an hour for shock team news to lead to alterations and half an hour for them to be summarised so no-one edits mid-game.

Done deal.

1 - KCG

1 - Happy Face

1 - Tom

1 - David Kelly

1 - Monkeys Fist

1 - Anorthernsoul

1 - Rayvin

1 - Dougle

1 - scoobos

1 - The Mighty Hog

1 - ohhh_yeah