2016/2017 Predictions contest

Happy Face

I think Fish has a spreadsheet where he records everyone's prediction in every game and he can apply any rules you like at any point in the season.  So at the end of the season if 1 point for each of goals scored/conceded gives a result we don't like (like Thompers winning) he can change it to add 3 points for exact scores and half points for being one off and extra points for getting the result right if not the score etc.

I do, 

I've not updated it in a bit because I've been moving house, job hunting and the like. If you've got a sheet that you could toss my way, that'd be great. Then I can C&P the predictions into my sheet, refresh and fuck about with slicers and graphs to my hearts content.

I do, 

I've not updated it in a bit because I've been moving house, job hunting and the like. If you've got a sheet that you could toss my way, that'd be great. Then I can C&P the predictions into my sheet, refresh and fuck about with slicers and graphs to my hearts content.

I don't keep everyone's predictions.  I only copy correct predictions into a counting sheet.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QMC3BuA9WUATou7B4TowgXVHVP8USgogHorZk0RUjE4

All match threads should have predictions in the OP with point winners highlighted if you want to do the legwork.

As kind as it is for you to do all this analysis lads, don't feel that you have to! It's starting to sound too much like work :lol:

The one table we keep is fine, I don't think we'll be poring over the results very much at the end of the season.

Agreed.  Takes me 20 seconds to paste in the point winners after a game and the totals get totted up automatically.

Fish wanted to do analysis on who was most wildly inaccurate, most optimistic, most pessimistic and all that though.

Would be interesting to see it and generate some good abuse on the board, but I couldn't be arsed.

My partner is away to see her mother this weekend but I just flat out said I wasn't going... so instead I'm going to get drunk with some mates, play video games, watch football, and otherwise laze around.

:D

Edited by Rayvin

Why on earth would you want to see mates when you've got the house to yourself? 

My wife is also away and I'm planning to shut the door to the world.

I sort of understand that logic but I tend not to 'get drunk' when she's home. With the weekend to myself I can enjoy it without worrying about what time to be home or any of that nonsense.

What are you planning in your splendid isolation?

Drink, smoke, binge watch and order takeaway food.

Then again I haven't got a curfew or drinks limit so going out when she's away isn't so much of a novelty to me.

I mean, that all sounds good too - don't get me wrong. I'll definitely be getting a curry in at some point!

It's not a curfew per se, but I just feel bad if she's stuck indoors and I'm out with people. She doesn't drink these days so going out into the early hours isn't much of an option for her. Dunno like, just feel that it's better to do these things when she's away anyway. Makes me seem 'considerate' :lol:

Yeah. Some might say that you're an under the thumb pussy but 'considerate' sounds much better. ;)

:D You got me.

That said, I'm not one of the people being dragged along to their in-laws or friend's babies ;)

Edited by Rayvin

Why on earth would you want to see mates when you've got the house to yourself? 

My wife is also away and I'm planning to shut the door to the world.

two day wank-athon? sounds good 

I mean, that all sounds good too - don't get me wrong. I'll definitely be getting a curry in at some point!

It's not a curfew per se, but I just feel bad if she's stuck indoors and I'm out with people. She doesn't drink these days so going out into the early hours isn't much of an option for her. Dunno like, just feel that it's better to do these things when she's away anyway. Makes me seem 'considerate' :lol:

by partners, do you mean you're one of the girls?