The Fish

On the face of it that's a fair point, but we've got a coach in the same league as Sir Bob now who actually has the ability motivate and to actually improve players as the season goes on. The vast majority of our squad won't have played for someone with Bentez's ability before, a lot of his ex players say he's the best they've worked with. Of course we're all allowed an opinion on who's coming in, but trying to play FM in our own heads doesn't allow for what might happen with the players during the season and how they might develop.

Look absolutely, I think he will play better under Benitez and you can't deny his managerial talent, but I certainly feel there's more value for money out there than £5m for Ciaran Clark....

Look absolutely, I think he will play better under Benitez and you can't deny his managerial talent, but I certainly feel there's more value for money out there than £5m for Ciaran Clark....

Go on then mate, am all ears...

Iyam it's to do with the prem lges abundance of riches....the market has gone through the roof for average players.

And here we are, 24 hours before our first game and no one seems sure what our starting 11 will be. Just seems odd to me.

Do you have a clue what it will be?

I know probably 9 of the starting 11 players, yeah. Just because people ignore you doesn't mean they don't know

I think SEW has got it pretty much right there. Anita maybe for Aarons and I think Hayden will start somewhere but I don't think Diame will start. Don't know if he's played any pre season games for Hull but even if he has I can't see Rafa throwing him straight in on a days notice.

my palace mate down here reckons gayle needs someone to play alongside him up top and won't be much use as a lone striker, but i can't see benitez departing from his favoured 4-2-3-1 so i presume perez is going to play as a number 10?

my palace mate down here reckons gayle needs someone to play alongside him up top and won't be much use as a lone striker, but i can't see benitez departing from his favoured 4-2-3-1 so i presume perez is going to play as a number 10?

Gayle and Perez seemed to share those responsibilities against Arnhem.

• 8 months later...

The orc can do one. He looks the weakest link. Wouldn't mind hanging on to lascelles and mbemba as backup and adding a top quality, ball playing centre half to play alongside Clark.

One thing that has surprised me most about Clark is his distribution from the back, think he's ideal sweeping up with more of a destroyer already next to him.

I know absolutely fuck all man. :lol::anguish:

Anybody watch Scottish football, is Simunovic any good? what kind of centre back is he?

He's a bit raw, was meant to sign for Torino on summer deadline day but the move fell through. He's had a decent season for Celtic but there's not too many strikers that would trouble them playing in the SPL to be fair.

I know absolutely fuck all man. :lol::anguish:

He's a bit raw, was meant to sign for Torino on summer deadline day but the move fell through. He's had a decent season for Celtic but there's not too many strikers that would trouble them playing in the SPL to be fair.

Fair enough, how would he stack up against van Dijk?

One thing that has surprised me most about Clark is his distribution from the back, think he's ideal sweeping up with more of a destroyer already next to him.

Aye, I agree with that. Hopefully Lascelles can shake off this injury and continue improving but someone like Shawcross would be quality next to Clark for next year.

Watching the SPL isn't much different to watching the north east sunday league so it's no surprise people turned their noses up at Virgil. 

It's why you see dross like Scott Sinclair tearing up the league. It's a shambles of a division.